Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 29-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Yassi

It's quite popular in the former USSR countries.
Old 29-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely
Okay well I'm doing bad :( About a week ago when I was in the shower and blinked and for the brief
moment I closed my eyes I saw a vision of horses in a slaughter house. As soon as I saw it I knew in
a few decades horses would be added to the list of animals we eat. I brushed it off since my visions
rarely come true. But today I found this ( http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insid...r_jim_galloway) and now I fear I may have been on to something.
What do you guys think?

Horse meat is legal in canada. I personally dont see it any different from cow or sheep or anything.

You have to realize that just because you disagree with it, doesnt mean someone else cant. The example was given about cats. Personally I wouldnt do that, but I know that is because they are raised as pets rather then food, they are companions.

Not saying horses arent by any means, but horses in general arent seen liek pets. If everything got the same respect as pets, if you decided to eat meat, you would be more conscious of how it was killed for food. Its about respect IMO.

The same thing goes with pork. Some religions dont allow you to eat pork, or lard, beef etc, and some do. As long as you respect that persons desicion, i wouldnt judge them for what they ate.
Old 29-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Master
Thread has been moved into the Health Forum.

Old 30-11-2011, 02:46 AM
Master
I live in an Amish and Mennonite area (I am neither)...they have beautiful horses, and the big quarter horses ...what grieves me is those horses work so hard working in the fields or pulling their buggies and in return when they get too old, they don't put them out to pasture, there is a nearby Cattle auction place but they auction off other animals, and there the Amish and Mennonites and probably others bring these poor horses there and they are sold off to slaughterhouses for dogfood and what not. they did a big write up on how cruel they were treated. Broke my heart, but I hate any form of cruelty. Watch the documentary Food, Inc... My god, I think I need to become a Vegan.

What disturbs me as well is that in some countries, mares are inpregnated over and over solely for their urine to make replacement hormones such as Premarin (PREgnatMARurINe) made me sick the documentary I saw on that...then they slaughter the offspring unless they want to breed the females.
Old 30-11-2011, 06:29 AM
mattie

Many Eat Horse Meat

430,000 tons of horse meat are eaten yearly in the 17 countries in the link, so the total is probably higher. In some countries it is a delicacy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_meat

One article estimated horse meat consumption at about a million pounds yearly. Ethically I don’t see any difference between eating cow meat & horse meat & I’m OK w/ eating beef.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1857411/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ys-Ramsay.html
Old 30-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
430,000 tons of horse meat are eaten yearly in the 17 countries in the link, so the total is probably higher. In some countries it is a delicacy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_meat

One article estimated horse meat consumption at about a million pounds yearly. Ethically I don’t see any difference between eating cow meat & horse meat & I’m OK w/ eating beef.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle1857411/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ys-Ramsay.html

Exactly. Maybe your (lovely) worried that horse meat may become a norm in OUR society? That I can see as being a bit of a shock, because it isnt accepted as much here as it is in other parts of the country
Old 30-11-2011, 08:05 PM
Haoma

I don't see horse meat being a norm. It's becoming more and more controversial for restaurants to offer it in their menus. It is simply wrong to slaughter/eat horses. Most people will tell you that. And just because it's legal in Canada, doesn't mean the USA isn't to blame.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Guide
It's food. The fact that people consider horses pets renders it taboo in western society. I wouldn't jump at the opportunity to eat horse meat but I probably wouldn't say no if I was starving.

Quote:
It is simply wrong to slaughter/eat horses.

If it was that simple, I don't think people would do it as often. What's wrong about it? (As far as eating them goes- I don't advocate slaughtering any animal the way we do today.)
Old 30-11-2011, 10:17 PM
AngryDragonTears

Eating horse meat is no different than eating cow. Cow's are just as smart and emotional if not more than horses.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Osian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
What disturbs me as well is that in some countries, mares are inpregnated over and over solely for their urine to make replacement hormones such as Premarin (PREgnatMARurINe) made me sick the documentary I saw on that...then they slaughter the offspring unless they want to breed the females.

Yep its sick stuff. I love horses, how anyone could consider eating a horse is beyond me. I cant imagine it will become the norm, i mean what next? spanliel cocker or spring sir? or if you prefer you could have siamese? where does it end.