Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-11-2021, 09:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed

GNB Catholic Study Edition; John 8: 28; “When you lift up the Son of Man, you will know that ‘I Am Who I Am’; then you will know that I do nothing on my own authority, but I say only what 'THE' Father has instructed me to say.

Our Father who art in heaven, etc.

We know that from the literal point of view, He was lifted up but those people did not know Him at all, the religious leaders of that time I mean, and they continued to hunt His followers. And we can see that He told these words to those who were against Him.

What did He really mean?
Old 11-11-2021, 04:21 AM
The Anointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
What did He really mean?

You ask what the Son of Man, our Lord God and saviour, who chose Jesus from among the Israelites and filled him with "HIS WORDS" and sent him to the people to speak in 'HIS NAME', all that the Lord commanded him to say, meant when He said; "When you lift up 'The Son of Man' You will know 'I Am WHO I AM.'

"THE SON OF MAN" develops within the body of mankind, just as mankind developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors, He is the son promised to Eve who is to crush the head of Satan.

When Adam was dying at the age of 930 in the (Thousand years) day that he ate of the forbidden fruit Eve asked him when she would follow him, and she was told that she would be united to him in six days, and it is when EVE, who has become the great pregnant androgynous body of mankind, dies after the Great seventh day Sabbath of one thousand years, six days after the death of Adam, that all physical life forms on this planet are incinerated, and the umbilical cord that binds the evolving spirit in man is severed and "The Son of Man" is born into the world.

It is He who then mentally descends into his dead past and is chosen by Abraham as his invisible God, who said to Abraham; "In blessing, I will Bless you, and in multiplying, I will multiply you."

It was "THE SON OF MAN" 'Who I Am=JHWH' who said to Moses in Deuteronomy 18: 18-19; I will raise them up a Prophet from among their own people, like unto thee, and will put ‘MY WORDS’ in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto ‘MY WORDS’ which he shall speak in ‘MY NAME’, I will surely Punish.

So when the Lord said through his earthly host body Jesus; ""When you lift up 'The Son of Man' You will know 'I Am WHO I AM.' He was saying that "I" 'The Son of Man' who filled the Israelite Jesus with my spirit= MY WORDS, am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the only begotten Son of God the Most High in the creation.

Hebrews 10: 5-6; For this reason, when Christ (The Anointed One) was about to come into the world, he said to God: “You do not want sacrifices and offerings, but you have prepared a body for me. You are not pleased with animals burnt whole on the altar or with sacrifices to take away sins. Then I said, ‘Here I am, to do your will, O God, just as it is written of me in the book of the Law.’ ”

The Body that His Father had prepared for him, was the man Jesus, who was filled with the spirit of our Lord God and saviour, who was to lay down his life for the sins of the flesh in which he had developed, who, on the day that Jesus was Baptised, the spirit of the Lord descended upon him in the form of a dove, as the heavenly voice was heard to say; "You are my Son, (My chosen heir and successor) 'THIS DAY' I have begotten thee."

Hebrews 5: 7-10; In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God, who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him. But even though he was “A” son of God, he learnt through his sufferings to be obedient. When he was made perfect, (In his obedience) he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him, and God declared him to be high priest, in the priestly order of Melchizedek.

In order to be the ‘IMAGE’ of the invisible 'Son of Man', Jesus had to be totally obedient to the inner commands, obedient even unto his cruel death upon the cross.

Peace.
Old 13-03-2022, 07:45 AM
Master
                The Gospel of Thomas was never canonized.

VERSE 61

Jesus said,    "Two will rest on a couch. The one will die, the other will live."

Salome said, "Who are you sir? You have taken a place on my couch and eaten from my table."

Jesus said to her, "I am he who comes from what is the whole and undivided.
                              I was given from the one who is always the same, my Father."

"I am your disciple!"

Jesus said, "I say, if someone becomes whole, he will become
                    full of light but if he becomes divided/separated, he will become full of darkness."

NOTE: This verse is not copyrighted. This is my own translation and is free for any one to use.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-03-2022, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

full of light but if he becomes divided/separated, he will become full of darkness."

NOTE: This verse is not copyrighted. This is my own translation and is free for any one to use.

"Gnosis: Self-Knowledge as Knowledge of God,"

As a Christian, I lean on Christ for my guidance and light. Any enlightenment "path" can be considered Gnostic, or the attainment of Gnosis.
I find my personal love of Christianity comes from without me, Christian wisdom, and from within me, my own lights, it's a full picture for me.
I have read some good books on Gnosticism, however, I am still a Christian wholeheartedly. In other words, I believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus my Lord.
Old 13-03-2022, 08:40 PM
Knower
Quote:
Lets openly discuss what the verses say and ponder on why these texts never got canonized.
The Gospel of Thomas was discovered in 1945, way too late to make its way into the Bible.
Old 15-03-2022, 12:28 PM
Master
Quote:
                The Gospel of Thomas was never canonized.

VERSE 61

Jesus said,    "Two will rest on a couch. The one will die, the other will live."

Salome said, "Who are you sir? You have taken a place on my couch and eaten from my table."

Jesus said to her, "I am he who comes from what is the whole and undivided.
                              I was given from the one who is always the same, my Father."

"I am your disciple!"

This is a good one. The "two" are a description of the separation between conscious and subconscious mind. During the spiritual process as fears and issues are let go, it is like the subconscious is sort of "pulled into" the conscious aspect of mind. Or one becomes aware of the subconscious aspects.

If one is "whole" or integrated, they realize the natural clarity (or light), but if one is still divided (or obstructed), they are still confused and subject to the "world" and death.
Old 15-03-2022, 01:10 PM
Master

JONESBOY,
    GREAT COMMENT.... LIKE ALWAYS.

GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE AROUND!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.