Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 06-09-2021, 07:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Best wishes to you all. Really
Old 06-09-2021, 07:35 PM
Master
IS INTERFAITH VIABLE?

............... and it starts with me.

Who is next?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:06 PM
Madamedude

I think it's in the title, as you have said : faith is the common ground.

For some reason, people mistake their beliefs for faith. Beliefs are true today, false tomorrow. Faith is the same everyday, and faith is not limited. Faith in world peace, faith in the end of COVID, faith that your loved one will be loved no matter what they go through... You could even extend it that way :

Faith in Interfaith !

Sorry for the bad mom joke, but the intention was there. Although I disagree on one point : I'm pretty sure it didn't start with you, at least you you that is, maybe you in a former life. What if Interfaith starts within you, and from there you won't even need to convince people, but you'll be a show of it, so much that people you come across won't ever need convincing : you'll embody it ! Sorry for the ramblings. LOL !

Standing right next to you.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:13 PM
Deactivated Account
In the midst of companions
—when staying at home,
when going out wandering—
you are prey to requests.
Valuing the freedom
that no one else covets,
wander alone
like a rhinoceros.

(Khaggavisana Sutta)

Farewell!

Old 06-09-2021, 08:26 PM
Master
Turning your back on pleasure & pain,
as earlier with sorrow & joy,
attaining pure equanimity, tranquillity.

Wander alone, like a rhinoceros....
Old 07-09-2021, 05:00 AM
Master
Madamedude wrote in post #243 "For some reason, people mistake their beliefs for faith. Beliefs are true today, false tomorrow. Faith is the same everyday, and faith is not limited. "

Faith and beliefs do have some interchanging factors. It would be nice to start a thread on that topic.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-09-2021, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Faith and beliefs do have some interchanging factors. It would be nice to start a thread on that topic.
Took me a year and a half to figure out was being said...that faith and belief were different...Huh?
It wasn't cuz I was dumb ...it simply was not being explained well.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-09-2021, 05:00 PM
Master

interfaith viability

Quote:
IS INTERFAITH VIABLE?

............... and it starts with me.

Who is next?
It is not only viable , it is sustainable and can thrive with right ways . This spiritual forum is one great example of faith in interfaith .

This is not to discount the apprehensions and doubts of others as imaginary , far fetched or unrealistic .World has seen wars / hatred / bloodshed in the name of religion . But that has happened even without religions (2 world wars were mainly fought among Christian nations with no religion involved. There are umpteen other example where life/world suffered miserably without involvement of religion ).Same way science too has done lot of good thing and many a bad thing . But we can not categorize science as bad .

So like any other thing benefit or other wise of anything depends on the user and not on the object per se . And that way rightly practiced interfaith really is not only viable but also fully functional and alive at least in this forum with great hope for future.
Old 07-09-2021, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
From what I have seen, all religions, even Buddhism, is based on Faith. Faith seems to be a common denominator amongst the religions.

Faith, as well as some practice / means of connection with God / 'the divine' (prayer, meditation), and a promise of an end to suffering.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:07 PM
Ascender

If we could get to a point where we all realize that religion is a manmade construct and that each religion is simply a different path to the same place. And that within all of us is a spark of the divine. However, you want to name it: Allah, God, Christ, Great Spirit, Source, the Force, etc.

Last edited by Traveler : 08-09-2021 at 01:08 AM.