Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 30-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Experiencer
Your Favourite Self Care Rituals

A few of my current favourites:

1. Gong baths: I've recently discovered a wonderful session in my area, and leave feeling wonderful.

2. Bath baths (ha): a good soak with some music/podcast, and lovely scents

3. Reiki and Grounding

4. Quality time and connection with a good friend

What are you favourite self care rituals?

Warm Wishes,
TrainsAndSewingMachines
Old 05-09-2016, 06:31 AM
Experiencer

Haha some of mine are a little gross. I'm what you might call a "primitivist" or "rewilder".

1: Meditating either out in the woods, or in a dark warm room listening to indigenous music.

2: Tea time! Or coffee in the morning. Cinnamon tea sounds so good right now. I love the feel of a hot mug in my hand while I inhale the steam.

3: Wiping the fat/oil from a big greasy meal all over my hands and feet. That's the gross one I was talking about. But oils like butter keep my feet supple, so they're tough but not rough. I lick any crumbs off my hands first before oiling myself up.

4: I do like a hot shower a couple times of week if I can. But the water in town smells like bleach and dead fish.
Old 22-09-2016, 10:39 AM
Master
I need to do these out of necessity, due to a disease I have:

1. Drink 3-4 litres of water a day, with 12-20 electrolyte tablets in it and drink coconut water, watermelon and cucumber juice and take magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus and zinc supplements.

2. Every hour for 15 minutes, and in the night, rest/sleep with my legs raised higher than my heart and try not to drink coffee nor have showers hotter than my body temperature.

3. Before I go out or walk around a lot, strap up my legs, waist and back with compression stockings, compression socks and magnetic support braces for my ankles, knees and lumbar region and to use my stick or walker.

4. For an hour or two every day, meditate to try and bring my heart rate down (it doubles, when I go from laying down to sitting up or from sitting to standing up) and I go into adrenal shock.

If I do all these self-care rituals, my illness basically leaves me alone. If I do not, it can get pretty brutal.
Old 27-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Pathfinder

I do reiki, its relaxing and powerful for your inner world. Long bath with salt to help nerves to calm and body to relax. Masage my feet and hands before i go to bed.
Old 30-09-2016, 06:31 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainsAndSewingMachines
A few of my current favourites:

1. Gong baths: I've recently discovered a wonderful session in my area, and leave feeling wonderful.

2. Bath baths (ha): a good soak with some music/podcast, and lovely scents

3. Reiki and Grounding

4. Quality time and connection with a good friend

What are you favourite self care rituals?

Warm Wishes,
TrainsAndSewingMachines

I go to sauna and jog when I need to release any mental or physical tension.