Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 PM
surrendertotheflow

OH I wish I could do that iolite! I don't get paid until Tuesday, I have to wait until then. He hasn't drank anything, but he is eating the wet food when he gets hungry enough. He started playing a little, which I was happy about. But he's still very reluctant to explore. He just runs to the corner and hides.

I put him in this one blanket, and I put it in my big basket I have for him. As long as he is in the blanket and hidden from the world, he feels safe and won't come out. That's where I placed him when I had to go eat dinner, and I just placed him in there again. As long as I put the covers over his head, he'll go to sleep and lay there til I come back. He is getting used to me and my sister, and has no problem being held by us forever, he'll just purr and purr. Put him down, and he cries and hides.

He is definitely traumatized.... anything I can do to help ease the trauma without buying anything???
Old 12-06-2011, 11:30 PM
nightowl

You could try the clock idea. Rub the blanket to your face to help place your scent on it. If he feels comfort around you your scent on the things he sleeps with may help. It is going to take a little time to get use to missing his litter mates, a small stuffed animal my help as well. It will take time, just be patient, your doing fine.

nightowl
Old 12-06-2011, 11:52 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrendertotheflow
OH I wish I could do that iolite! I don't get paid until Tuesday, I have to wait until then. He hasn't drank anything, but he is eating the wet food when he gets hungry enough. He started playing a little, which I was happy about. But he's still very reluctant to explore. He just runs to the corner and hides.

I put him in this one blanket, and I put it in my big basket I have for him. As long as he is in the blanket and hidden from the world, he feels safe and won't come out. That's where I placed him when I had to go eat dinner, and I just placed him in there again. As long as I put the covers over his head, he'll go to sleep and lay there til I come back. He is getting used to me and my sister, and has no problem being held by us forever, he'll just purr and purr. Put him down, and he cries and hides.

He is definitely traumatized.... anything I can do to help ease the trauma without buying anything???

If he's about 5 weeks old, his mom would have started weening him by now. But if he's not drinking water, you could pick up a can of kitten formula and give him an ounce (3 tablespoons) a couple times a day. An open can will stay fresh in the fridge for about 3-4 days.

You can also put a drop of the Rescue Remedy on his paws and rub it in or in his food.
Old 13-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
Surrender, i don't know how old your kitten is but if he's not drinking or eating anything he might not yet be weaned so you might want to get a syringe and some kitten replacement forumla. i recommend Esbilac. i've used Esbilac with kittens and the puppy formula with squirrel pups. the sling is a good idea. babies need that body warmth comfort.

oh and if he's very young, not weaned and he doesn't poop you'll need to stimulate him to do so by taking a warm damp rag and stroking him "down there". constipation can kill.

thanks IQ..thats what i was trying to get across to surrender. It's a certain indeed and I read the same thing...to rub them down as you say...their mother licks the kittens anus all the time and i read its to stimulate them to go to the toilet because they are born with no toilet reflex. So a warm wet cloth all over, including under his tail is a worthy job surrender...lol...have fun mum
Old 13-06-2011, 02:56 AM
Master
surrender...sounds to me like your doing marvellous already and its by no co-incidence that tom brought this bubby to you instead of another.

All the advise given here is great and the best you can do. Just go with your own instincts for the rest of the journey. De-worm him when he's old enough..check for age on the worm tablets as i think they have to be older then 6wks? Sacrifice a piece of your clothing with your scent on it for him in his bed.

When our 5wk pup was brought home...as silly as its sounds....i used to go downstairs every night and have a play with him before bed and then tuck him in for the night. I also put a soft lamp on for him at night because his sight wasn't fully developed. He looked forward to those bedtime visits and i guess it helped us bond (because I had trouble accepting him after losing my other dog only mths before). I think he now looks upon me as his mum and as huge as he is now...he still loves his cuddles and is very protective of us.

Most of all...don't stress too much because the kitten will feel that. STay calm and enjoy him for as long as you have him.

Cheers
Old 13-06-2011, 02:57 AM
surrendertotheflow

thanks guys, I know the toilet trick He/She is going on her own, although hasn't pooped yet. But then again, hasn't eaten that much either. Tried to give him more wet food, water, milk watered down, I wish I had some wheels so I could go get some formula and a bottle.... I think he just wants a nipple!

He's coming out of his shell otherwise. Doesn't like to be left alone so I carry him everywhere, or put him in his bucket. My sister and I had him crawling back and forth between us on the bed. He was snuggling against me and being playful. Purring like crazy... But no appetite. He has eaten half a regular sized package of wet food, and that's since we got him to start eating it last night. Definitely not enough, I want him to eat more, but he isn't even licking his lips at the water or the food at this point.
Old 13-06-2011, 03:00 AM
Master
is latex bad for them? Perhaps a latex glove with the tiniest hole in the tip for a nipple?
Old 13-06-2011, 03:39 AM
Master
no no no latex.... I wouldn't do that anyways so so cute.
Spiritlite.
Old 13-06-2011, 04:10 AM
iolite

Here's a link for emergency kitten formula recipe if you need it.

http://www.all-about-cute-kittens.co...n-formula.html
Old 13-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Guide
Dear surrender,

I am just reading this thread. Blessings, you are doing a nice job!

Time ago I saved 2 feral kitties - twins- 8 days old. Their mom had died. I called them Flora and Fauna.

Concerning drinking, if he does not lick from the bottle, you can use a dropper but it is important he is hydrated all the time. When you place the dropper into his mouth he has to drink... do it about 3 times a day.

Small cats need to have a nest, the basket idea is good, he needs to have a blanket or something warm which reminds him his mom, they use it even when they grow up... If you are afraid he losses again, use a box, when he grows up he will feel more confident and he will go outside when he wants.

Concerning pee, etc. a good thing is to use a sanitary litter box. Stuff comes with some kind of smell which attracts cats and you don't need to teach him to use more than once, it is almost automatic that he will come back there.

Hope it helps,

TISS