Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 06-11-2019, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
I think that too much value is attached to the idea of "knowledge"
Many people share such e-value-ation. Concepts/Ideas/Theories are only (positively) useful to people who are capable of being competent craftsmen/women using such tools.

Quote:
knowledge is information about the past and the past is no more only the present exists and although yes there are some similarities to the Past as I like to call it the echo effect nevertheless it is not the same as the past therefore knowledge in general is much like a computer sitting on a table in the middle of an empty room full of very important information and just sitting there by itself it's pretty much worthless unless a person comes up to the computer turns it on and finds the information in it and utilizes it/
Agreed - with the qualification that there is a 'connection' between our (any and everyone's) past, present and future, so intelligent prognostications (subject to verification, of course) may be quite usefully made in said regard. This is one of the 'pillars' that that 'science' and 'philosophy' '(including Mind Science and Spiritual Philosophy) are based on.

then it's value is benefited from and so likewise without proper understanding information not only has little value but can become detrimental towards ones Journey of awakening due to the misunderstandings/false Concepts/ and ideologies.

Quote:
for instance no I have not read your "treatise" however based off of what you have already posted and commented on I have no desire to read it because I'm almost fully convinced I will not find anything of any use in that literature reason being your comments elude to the idea that you believe this Jesus person was a literal physical character that literally was on the Earth at a particular time which is a common standard Christian viewpoint and not a very accurate one at that and because of the fact it's common I do not want to waste my time reading common literature.
Totally understandable - given your assumptions and conclusions. My 'sense' based on my 'resonating' with of his (reported) sayings and deeds (allowing for exaggerations in the latter case) is that Jesus was a (historically) very real person.
Old 06-11-2019, 04:45 PM
Ascender

Hello all.

Bit of a sideways look at knowledge--wondering if you, me, anyone, chooses to believe that all- the whole- is one constant process of interaction, interconnection, interdependence, which logically includes all which is, then is the keeping of knowledge to yourself for personal gain, an action contrary to that belief?

Re knowledge being about the past--which you put forward Maya. As David says, knowledge about the past, the way things have happened in the past, can be helpful in trying to predict the course and likely outcome of current and future happenings. Predicting consequences. Thing is--whether we are inclined to take any notice of such predictions, or for some reason choose to ignore. Pondering on what those reasons might be is also a worthwhile study/knowledge Imo.

petex

Last edited by weareunity : 06-11-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:44 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello all.

Bit of a sideways look at knowledge--wondering if you, me, anyone, chooses to believe that all- the whole- is one constant process of interaction, interconnection, interdependence, which logically includes all which is, then is the keeping of knowledge to yourself for personal gain, an action contrary to that belief?

Re knowledge being about the past--which you put forward Maya. As David says, knowledge about the past, the way things have happened in the past, can be helpful in trying to predict the course and likely outcome of current and future happenings. Predicting consequences. Thing is--whether we are inclined to take any notice of such predictions for some reason. Pondering on what those reasons might be is also a worthwhile study/knowledge Imo.

petex

Oh I agree that there can be plenty of logical justifications made
Old 19-11-2019, 05:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I am very interested in the mission of Jesus...it seems to me
his entire mission was a healing mission.
In every way... ...and his mission began the moment he
came out of his 40 day fast declaring the Kingdom of Heaven was at hand....
I tend to really pay attention to a man that has fasted 40 days and 40 nights in a wilderness setting!

So again, He Himself expressed His purpose and mission. "The Son of Man", (Daniel 7:13), "came not to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for the many."
Mathew 20:28

He clearly expressed to His disciples that His mission was to become the atoning Lamb of God for sins, but they couldn't receive it either, Hep.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-11-2019, 01:51 AM
Master
They also asked Him for a sign, if you recall.

He responded that an evil generation seeks after a sign, and the only sign they would get would be the sign of Jonah. Who was in the belly of the fish for three days before re emerging.

Mathew 12:39

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 25-11-2019, 10:48 AM
MAYA EL

They were metaphysical stories to explain something they were never literal.
Old 25-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Master
Quote:
They were metaphysical stories to explain something they were never literal.
Was Jesus' death also a metaphysical story?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 25-11-2019, 11:21 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

Good question.If you read the Bible,it seems impossible for some of the things to happen.
Old 25-11-2019, 01:30 PM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Absolutely matter of fact its the grand finale of all the stories in the bible.
Old 25-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Master
The following excerpt, copied from a scan of Jane Robert's pook, Seth Speaks, presents a 'channeled' view of 'Christ'. It is presented in two successive posts because of its length. (Please note: IMO it is just another 'view', which IMO is not necessarily completely accurate. There are as many 'views' [many quite differing) of Jesus et al. as their are 'viewers'. It strikes me probably being true-er than most, however.)

Enjoy!
CHAPTER XIV

STORIES OF THE BEGINNING, AND THE MULTIDIMENSIONAL GOD

As the present life of any individual rises from hidden dimensions beyond those easily accessible in physical terms, and as it draws its energy and power to act from unconscious sources, so does the present physical universe as you know it rise from other dimensions. So does it have its source, and derive its energy from deeper realities.

History, as you know it, represents but one single light upon which you focus.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 16-02-2023 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Rules -3 sentences only when you Copy/paste