Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 03-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Experiencer

Pendulum Accuracy

For two weeks, I have been practicing with the pendulum, for purposes of communicating with my higher self, which my understanding is my subconscious mind.

I practice every morning, and the pendulum seems to be moving better and better each day.

Two days ago, I asked higher self a question, holding pendulum over a yes/no chart.

Briefly, the question had to do with asking higher self if a certain electronic device was handcrafted by a certain person. Answer came back yes.

When I contacted the person by email, attached a picture of the electronic device, the person said, " no, I did not make that item, it's not one of mine ".

So, the pendulum gave me a yes answer, when it should have been no. The person would have no reason to lie about it. Nothing to gain or lose.

My questions:

1) Is it too soon for me to start asking higher self questions and expect true answers? Do I need more practice, as, it's only been two weeks.

2) Is it possible, my subconscious mind already believed, although erroneously, before I asked the question, that this certain person must be the maker of th device?

3) Is an entity, other than my higher self, operating the pendulum?
Old 03-08-2020, 02:36 PM
55Degrees

Hi rodan.
I'm no expert on the pendulum, but I do use one in my workings.
Don't know if it will help you but when I started working with pendulums I was told to practice using questions the I, personally could verify, simple ones eg 'am I female?' 'Is my name .....?'.
Basically testing it's response. Once the responses were consistently correct I could slowly reach out asking, in the morning, if a specific event would happen to me in that day. Eventually asking about specific events and then trying to refine a day of the week it would happen.

It's really a case of taking it very slowly. I would suggest it's maybe a bit too soon but practice makes perfect.

I am now at the level where I predicted a pregnancy, when it would be announced and the due date. I made a journal entry at the time of the reading just so I could provide evidence that the pendulum predicted it.

So trust that it is possible to hone these skills.

I subscribe to the belief that it is our subconscious that moves the pendulum because in reality (well, mine) we already know the answers to the questions we ask.
Once you feel more confident, offer some readings on here (Yes/No style questions) and it will give you some idea of how well you're developing.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
For two weeks, I have been practicing with the pendulum, for purposes of communicating with my higher self, which my understanding is my subconscious mind.

I practice every morning, and the pendulum seems to be moving better and better each day.

Two days ago, I asked higher self a question, holding pendulum over a yes/no chart.

Briefly, the question had to do with asking higher self if a certain electronic device was handcrafted by a certain person. Answer came back yes.

When I contacted the person by email, attached a picture of the electronic device, the person said, " no, I did not make that item, it's not one of mine ".

So, the pendulum gave me a yes answer, when it should have been no. The person would have no reason to lie about it. Nothing to gain or lose.

My questions:

1) Is it too soon for me to start asking higher self questions and expect true answers? Do I need more practice, as, it's only been two weeks.

2) Is it possible, my subconscious mind already believed, although erroneously, before I asked the question, that this certain person must be the maker of th device?

You'll always get some distortions. They're caused by your beliefs and expectations, by how you formulate your question, by what you're asking (for example the future isn't set in stone), by what's in your mind in that particular moment.

It would help if you had in your mind a clear idea to whom or to what you're asking your question, even if that isn't "what really is". It's better to establish a relationship with your source, a regular setup and ritual. It would also help if you established a regular schedule (time, and day of the week, or frequency).

Also, whatever the source you use, they don't like to be tested, and pick up on your lack of trust, be it your subconscious, or something else.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:19 AM
Experiencer

Thank you both for your answers. I"m only going into my third week of using pendulum, and I going to need to keep at it, every day. I do have a routine of using it approximately the same time each morning.

I am happy that I can at least now use the pendulum. I've tried, off and on, in the past, with no results at all, but, to be fair, I jumped right in, without establishing a proper connection with my subconscious mind at the time

This time, It's my intent that I build a good, honest relationship with my higher self.
Old 22-08-2020, 10:18 PM
Experiencer

Good advice thus far. Also:

Your system could be "switched" and so you are getting a "yes", when it is actually a "no".

Do you know about the 3 questions? after doing whatever grounding, protection, centering, connection, etc practices you do then ask:

May I? ( May I do this dowsing session now?)
Can I?
Should I?

If you get a "yes" for each of these then do your session.

If you are tired (aware of it or not) you might get wrong answers- so take breaks during sessions and remember to drink and/ or eat for the energy that is used for this.

There are then other things to consider, when you become advanced.
Old 22-08-2020, 10:20 PM
Experiencer

Also the High Self is the Super-conscious - not the sub-conscious. This understanding alone can help your dowsing. Good Luck !
Old 25-08-2020, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:

My questions:

Have you ever watched a movie or show when the Prosecutor asks the Defendant a question and says "Yes or No" and the Defendant sits in the chair perplexed.

It was not a 'YES or 'No' question so in your case, why not expand your chart to give you other possibilities?

Most people seem to experience that the answer is 'wrong'. I suggest to ask the pendulum if the sky is blue, that is if it is blue, and wait for the answer. If the pendulum gets the right color for the sky, next tell the pendulum the sky is green. Then ask the pendulum if the sky is green, if the pendulum says te sky is green, I would say you are channeling what you just put out.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 25-08-2020, 01:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

not automatically, perhaps yes but more likely, no

Quote:

To be expected but what does that tell you?

Quote:

A pendulum NEVER gives an answer - it's an inanimate object. Using it, however, MIGHT allow a discarnate to answer your questions but assuming that's the case is unwise.

Quote:
My questions:

yes to the first, probably pointless to the second unless you are certain you know where details originate and can thus their source

Quote:

yes

Quote:

maybe - that's MAYBE - to the first. As to the second see above.....
Old 28-08-2020, 02:45 PM
Administrator
Hello

Remember they are but one "tool" you have to use. When it comes to those deeper connections we seek to make I have found more information flows in from our dreams. Many times we dismiss what comes to us when we sleep as just the brain playing.

When I go to use my Pendulum I start with asking "Are you willing to work for me today" as I have a few of them I want to make sure its ready for me to use. I will ask test questions like my sex, age, marital status ext to set the tone of readiness.

Keep what you ask so simple and know that if its something your not ready to know you might well get a false reply. When it comes to asking on something that has to do with another person remember that you need permissions most times to read someone else before you get an honest reply.

Whom operates it well you do holding it but too there are Guides, and other beings that can come in and aid in the reply. You can at times ask if your "alone" and see where that takes you.

Again its a "tool" so its not that firm and final answer that holds pure truth. Like a reading its a "guide line" of what the energy at the time holds.

Lynn
Old 16-12-2021, 09:19 AM
Knower
Quote:

Briefly, from my own experience, you should meditate on your higher self (the feeling) for some time, and then pray for at least 10 minutes to your Higher Self for guidance before you begin dowsing the pendulum.

Another important point is that you should never ask questions about "data" (like your question) but about "principles" and about yourself generally. Your Higher Self is the immortal part of you. It is the spark of God. It is not the subconscious mind.

If you ask questions like which color shirt is my friend wearing, then you will likely get a wrong answer. So, dont ask frivolous questions from the Higher Self, but questions that matter to you in a very real way.

There is yet another thing that you must remember: tricky spirits can influence the pendulum.... so before doing pendulum dowsing you must also affirm that no one external is influencing the pendulum.