Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 27-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom
just allow your thoughts to come and go without 'trying' to.

also you need to be in the right mood and frame of mind. this break up could be stressing you out. maybe wait it out a bit and try again when you're ready in the future.

meditation isn't for everyone. if you find yourself trying to force it to happen then you really shouldn't be doing it.

very good advice Rom

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 27-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Osian

Thanks for all your helpful replies. I find the sound of a harp playing very peaceful maybe ill try that. Breathing is a great idea also but then that reminds me of being in labour and again triggers more thoughts. I'm really looking for inner wisdom, contact with my higher self, i NEED some serenity in my life (mind) i have been apart from my ex and dated several other people, all of which have been different and interesting, good looking, funny,,,,whatever but i jusdt cant shift this sadness. I feel meditation is my only escape or that during meditation ill get the answers. I feel very confused and frustrated :(
I will look at the links.
Old 27-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Meditation isn't the answer to everything, contrary to what some might believe.

Maybe you need something to distract you, a new hobby, learn something new, take a class, meet new friends. When one loses someone, there is always a grieving period, even if the loss is not a physical death. You can't bypass this, no matter how you may try. Maybe you need time to grieve ?

If you're looking for an escape, rent some movies, read some books, immerse yourself in music ! Visualize your ideal vacation and go there .

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Osian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Meditation isn't the answer to everything, contrary to what some might believe.

Maybe you need something to distract you, a new hobby, learn something new, take a class, meet new friends. When one loses someone, there is always a grieving period, even if the loss is not a physical death. You can't bypass this, no matter how you may try. Maybe you need time to grieve ?

If you're looking for an escape, rent some movies, read some books, immerse yourself in music ! Visualize your ideal vacation and go there .

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Well.....my horses keep me busy, i took up a course and passed 3 lots of exams, the course will continue for another 6 months, i exercise as often as i can. i see friends, i go out, i date other men, i get heavily into spiritual literature, i eveb asked god to remove this mental obsession/heart ache or whatever it is. I'm fine for a while and then it comes back for a few days, its craaaaazy. This is why i want to get in touch with my higher self to find out what it is i need to know or learn. As for immersing myself in music lol i must admit i do this all the time and it works! Also you say about visualizing a vacation, i did that and put it on a vision board and Im now travelling to the other side of the world soon, you would think this would be a mega distraction but no. I will even be meeting a young handsome man there.....still arghhhhhh lol. I wonder if i should see a psychic!!
Old 27-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Deactivated Account

so much for the keeping busy idea, I see you have that covered !

Quote:
Also you say about visualizing a vacation, i did that and put it on a vision board and Im now travelling to the other side of the world soon, you would think this would be a mega distraction but no. I will even be meeting a young handsome man there.....
hellooooooooooooo..... then what is the problem ? a young handsome man waiting there for you

don't tell me the ex is a twinflame, lol ! then there is no help at all ....

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Osian

He really is handsome and lovey and fun and......so on and so on! we are keeping it as casual friends lol so i AM getting good distractions hell yeah.
Hmmm.........twin flame!?? ive heard of them. I think ill go to the twin flame section, maybe that'll shed some light.
Old 27-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Osian

WAAAAAAAA!!!! ok i'm going to dive straight into twin flame section damn it.
Old 27-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Deactivated Account

oh no !!! sorry to hear that !

Expect Miracles !

Old 27-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Osian

Hopefully ill get some clarity. Ive booked a reading with a psychic because i need some guidance here, then maybe i can learn to meditate without the distractions. This man needs to .......politely leave my head.
Old 27-12-2011, 08:11 PM
SFRM

There are many great tips in the posts in this thread. I would add to pick a particular time of day and practice at that time each and every day. In time you will find your mind and body beginning to prepare for that time as it approaches and the practice becomes easier. Don't despair and don't judge, take each day and each practice as it comes.