Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-05-2015, 01:17 AM
Ascender

Really??!!!! You must have some conviction!!! I am sure they would have taken that swap!!
Old 03-05-2015, 07:17 AM
Ravenspirit

No, I am not afraid of death. It's just an ending to one life and the beginning of another. What I don't like the idea of is dying painfully. Been there, done that, I think and I don't want to again. When I was a kid I used to have dreams of drowning in very cold water and being eaten by sharks. Also of falling at a curb and then being impaled under a trolley of some kind. I don't swim in the ocean and I have a big birthmark about where I dreamt I was impaled. Oddly I love the sea. I just don't like to travel on or in it.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:18 AM
JohnDoeMay2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Just lost my mum at age 84 with me aged 46, natural order or not, it's left me brokenhearted.

I am very sorry for your loss. My mother passed a couple of weeks ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
The thing about the man aged 70 losing his mother at 90; why should he not grieve, it's still the woman who brought him into the world and who has been there for 70 years. To suggest otherwise shows a serious lack of empathy for people.

While I would never tell a person not to grieve (that would be harmful), I do not grieve at death and yet, I have empathy for people.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:32 AM
Master

Awareness of one's death can actually be a great source of vitality and energy.

Many religions have emphasized the constant contemplation of death to remain grounded, dynamic and mindful.

As Sadhguru Jaggi says, "It is only when you become aware of death that you want to know what life is about. Once you come to terms with death and you are conscious that you will die, you will want to make every moment of your life as beautiful as possible."

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 03-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Honestly? No I'm not. I'm more afraid of life - this life - than I am of death.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:33 PM
JohnDoeMay2015

All fear is fear of death; and all who live seek to avoid death. Once we realize that our true self is immortal, divine – it cannot die, our resistance to it passes and we see it for what it is. Death is simply change; slightly more radical than puberty.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:53 PM
Master

i think there is a difference between benig afraid of dying and afraid someone we ;love will die.

kk
Old 06-05-2015, 09:25 PM
Knower

I personally fear leaving loved ones behind. Its all about personal circumstances. I love that ill see my family thats gone before and imagine feeling the love, peace etc but the actual dying process scares me, suffering, feelings you might feel etc.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:39 PM
Pathfinder
my mother passed at 96, I was 66. on the morning of the day she passed she said there were 2 people by the window but she couldn't make out who they were. my guides said they were her mother and father. I suffocated when I was 20 and was almost to the light when I was told.. "not yet" and sent back and told how to save myself.. I took a Foundation for Shamanic Studies weekend training on 'Death and Dying' 3 weeks ago. one journey was to the upper world to find a spirit to tell us something about our death. I got there and immediately my Spirit mate runs up and embraces me.. I had an ecstatic surge so intense it made my ears ring. I also journeyed to meet my mother. she was there and I asked if she was happy she said yes and morphed into her 20 year old body form with a big smile. I also saw my father, my best friend and all my pets that had passed, they were all jumping up on me so I layed down and we had a big dog pile of wagging tails and wet tongues. then the drum's callback sounded and I had to go back. repeatedly in peoples journeys they describe the upper world as a place to learn the lessons of your last life and studying and preparing for the your next life.

Good Journey my friend.. see you on the other side...
Old 06-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Pathfinder
my mother passed at 96, I was 66. on the morning of the day she passed she said there were 2 people by the window but she couldn't make out who they were. my guides said they were her mother and father. I suffocated when I was 20 and was almost to the light when I was told.. "not yet" and sent back and told how to save myself.. I took a Foundation for Shamanic Studies weekend training on 'Death and Dying' 3 weeks ago. one journey was to the upper world to find a spirit to tell us something about our death. I got there and immediately my Spirit mate runs up and embraces me.. I had an ecstatic surge so intense it made my ears ring. I also journeyed to meet my mother. she was there and I asked if she was happy she said yes and morphed into her 20 year old body form with a big smile. I also saw my father, my best friend and all my pets that had passed, they were all jumping up on me so I layed down and we had a big dog pile of wagging tails and wet tongues. then the drum's callback sounded and I had to go back. repeatedly in peoples journeys they describe the upper world as a place to learn the lessons of your last life and studying and preparing for the your next life.

Good Journey my friend.. see you on the other side...