Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 11-12-2010, 04:25 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
In the papers today. An official report from the White House published today, lays the blame for the Gulf disaster on Halliburton for using a cement mix used to seal the well which they knew to be unstable.
I hope BP go after all concerned to recoup their losses, financially, and reputation-wise. Bet Obama is wishing he kept his mouth shut now !
BP shares took an upturn on the publication of the report.

Oh norseman, do not believe anything that comes out of the White House! I campaigned and voted for Obama and had great hopes that he would be able to stand against the pressure. BP is corrupt as Hallibuton. Check out the true facts as told by Kindra Arneson. You can find her on youtube. Although her and her family's health have suffered drastically, she reveals the massive cover up by BP, all the lies, all the manipulation, all the horse & pony shows they have put on. Follow her story from the beginning town hall meeting. You will be able to figure out easily who is telling the truth and who is not.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:30 AM
rus11

It is sad that the media and US government has deliberately swept this story under the carpet. The spill is still causing mass damage but you will not here about it through mainstream media. I personally believe that country is the most corrupt one out there.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Master
BP is guilty as it gets~! they knew for weeks before it happened that it was gonna blow, and did they fix it? obviously they didnt...the man they brought down to oversee the cleanup decided to go whistle blower on them...they used an "oil cleaner" that was completely toxic, it contains mercury, cyanide, and several other things that are toxic to man, and im sure it's no less toxic to animals...the EPA told them to stop using this stuff and find a "cleaner" way to go about it, they said they couldnt and continue using this substance to this very day...go back and look at the clean up for the exxon valdez...almost every single person that worked on the clean up is now dead...the others have a life expectancy of 51 years...they used the same cleaner on that spill its called corexit, and like i said, theyre still using despite the fact of being told not to...yeah, BP is exonerated...NOT~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 12-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Master
Two pieces of essential equipment failed in the Gulf. Firstly, the cement lining of the bore hole [Halliburton] - they knew that the mix used was defective. The second piece was the Cut-Off Shear valve designed to shut off the bore hole in case of a leak - another American company. Plus, of course, the rig itself was American owned and manned.

The worst you can accuse BP of is lax management. Obama publicly declared at the time of his grand-standing, that he would go after ALL concerned. Why is there now a deafening silence now the truth has come out. I hope that BP launches legal actions in an International Court over this.
Clean up your own house before you try to blame others !

Also, I would suggest that you [Shabda] do a bit of basic research. Corexit does NOT contain Mercury or "cyanide". Corexit is manufactured by Nalco Holdings which is an American company.

Summerland - I dont believe any politician but when an American govt. blames an American company, well you have to believe that because the normal stance is to bury inconvenient truth. However, I believe U-Tube even less than politicians.

Last edited by norseman : 12-12-2010 at 10:49 AM.
Old 13-12-2010, 02:38 AM
Royalite

What's the point of the mainstream news anymore? Noise noise noise. Argh! I feel drained just thinking about it...

Mother nature's fighting back and I think that if we're gonna have a government and we're paying good money then they ought to look a bit deeply into the entire system of events for this tragedy.
Old 14-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
The worst you can accuse BP of is lax management. Obama publicly declared at the time of his grand-standing, that he would go after ALL concerned. Why is there now a deafening silence now the truth has come out. I hope that BP launches legal actions in an International Court over this.
Clean up your own house before you try to blame others !

Or maybe get that mismanaged company out of our (US) waters.

Personally I think Obama should have seized all of BPs assets in this country and kicked them out. I know someone WHO LIVES IN THE GULF where the oil came in, and works on the ships that carry supplies to and from BPs rigs out there and on was hired for the cleanup during the mess. First hand accounts from this person state patently BP was at fault, and spent more money on PR and spin than they did cleaning up their damn mess. Also one of my housemate's mom lives in Pensacola only 500 ft. from the main bay -- She watched the whole mess and told her son (my housemate) the same story. BP put enough money on spin and PR, to blame-shift the whole mess. They are guilty as charged and deserve every bad thing that happens to them as a company. They're under full boycott in this household, and many others in the areas that were hit by their "lax management".

No offense to you Norseman, this is a touchy subject with me.

Last edited by Scibat : 14-12-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 14-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Master
I appreciate the "touchiness" but the truth can be hard. BP is an Anglo-American Company and employs something like 30000 Americans. The deep drilling in the Gulf was to satisfy the American thirst for oil. Operations such as deep-water drilling are intrinsically problematical. So there is Obama's problem - put many Americans out of a job, further deepen your financial crisis, and hit American Pension funds. B.P. has American assets of $20billion.
OK, sieze BP's assets along with Halliburton's, Transocean's, Anadarko's. Read the technical reports ! B.P. has now launched legal actions against at least one of the fore-mentioned companies to recover costs.

B.P. is not shining white but neither is the entire Oil Industry.
Old 14-12-2010, 12:45 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
Or maybe get that mismanaged company out of our (US) waters.

Personally I think Obama should have seized all of BPs assets in this country and kicked them out. I know someone WHO LIVES IN THE GULF where the oil came in, and works on the ships that carry supplies to and from BPs rigs out there and on was hired for the cleanup during the mess. First hand accounts from this person state patently BP was at fault, and spent more money on PR and spin than they did cleaning up their damn mess. Also one of my housemate's mom lives in Pensacola only 500 ft. from the main bay -- She watched the whole mess and told her son (my housemate) the same story. BP put enough money on spin and PR, to blame-shift the whole mess. They are guilty as charged and deserve every bad thing that happens to them as a company. They're under full boycott in this household, and many others in the areas that were hit by their "lax management".

No offense to you Norseman, this is a touchy subject with me.

Scibat, I followed the Gulf Oil Spill carefully on another forum and on the news. So I know exactly what you are talking about. I watched the doctored version of the oil leaking, where you can plainly see a door opening and closing. I watched & listened to what the local people were saying about the cover up, the night spraying of corexit, the skin and lung irritations, the oil sheen on everything.
It was a cover up on a massive scale and one in which our government was involved along with the involved parties of the oil company. I watched people forbidden to take any pictures or talk to clean up crews. FORBIDDEN TO TAKE PICTURES ON AMERICAN SOIL !!! Who gave BP that power. I am with you; don't get me going on this huge , preventable eco-terroristic act of negligence.
Old 14-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Guide
Halliburton didn't only deliberately cause the oil spill, they got the paid contract to clean it up too through their subsidiary company Boots & Coots which they snapped up just days before the disaster.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/in...oots/19435689/
Old 14-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
Halliburton didn't only deliberately cause the oil spill, they got the paid contract to clean it up too through their subsidiary company Boots & Coots which they snapped up just days before the disaster.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/investing/halliburton-snaps-up-boots-and-coots/19435689/
and now theyre well on their way to turning Louisiana into the nation's largest oil refinery...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi