Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 17-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Master
In the past I would have looked askance at this but, two Easters ago in Durham, I came across a monk dragging a cross up the steep hill to the cathedral and he had done that for many miles. Oddly, although I am not christian, I understood why he was doing it.
Old 17-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
Oh my god. Now THAT is devotion- of the likes you'll never see in the western world. Interesting.
Devotion ?, more like a big ego, trying to prove something to itself, hey, look at me, i can raise my arm for 38 years, well soooo what !.
Old 17-10-2011, 10:34 AM
Master
An acquaintance, born during the time when thalidomide was given to pregnant women, has no arms and copes beautifully, however, if he were to have arms i am not sure he would do anything to atrophy one of his precious limbs. I may be wrong, and have not asked him this question, however i cant imagine it.
Another thing comes to mind ... I cant help but wonder what the fellow holding his arm up, and the one without any arms to hold up, would say to each other if they were to meet on the street somewhere ... is it about sacrifice?
Old 17-10-2011, 10:44 AM
Master
Sound-Another thing comes to mind ... I cant help but wonder what the fellow holding his arm up, and the one without any arms to hold up, would say to each other if they were to meet on the street somewhere ... is it about sacrifice?

He probably would say, hey, I've been waiting 38 dam years for you, where have you been, this thing has been getting heavy you know, now take it for god's sake lol.
Old 17-10-2011, 10:48 AM
Master
yeah or he may say "Here have a hand me down' ... I know my acquaintance would get a grin out of that lol

(by the way .. he recorded my sons first CD and he does it all with his feet! he has a studio called 'Big Toe' ... no joking
Old 17-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
yeah or he may say "Here have a hand me down' lol I know my acquaintance would get a grin out of that lol

(by the way .. he recorded my sons first CD and he does it all with his feet! he has a studio called 'Big Toe' ... no joking
He He, yea that's a good one.