Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 03-12-2012, 10:21 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade
It's a hard question because Tao is the inexpressible and indefinable. I think that what Chuang Tzu tried to say is that we humans are not evolved enough to be able to fully comprehend or understand the Tao (hence we cannot put it into words in the same way we can define an object, or even something abstract such as time).

Because, Tao is neither a thing, an object or a substance but something of an abstract container, or road (path) for everything. Tao is not god, but it is the source of creation. We can not directly witness Tao, but we can see a glimpse of "it" through many of it's effects in nature. Tao is the natural universe as a whole, and the way of nature as a whole.

Compared to say Buddhism, I see Tao as where Maya resides. Maya is the illusion of spacetime, the illusion of the ego, the illusion of everything that we know about. But Maya is not the rules or the laws of how things are to be - the rules and the laws are the Tao? Or am I completely off-track here?
Buddhism to some, is the 'illusion'..

Be well..

Last edited by Neville : 06-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Nightshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Buddhism to some is the 'illusion'..

Be well..
I'm not really certain that you understand english well or if you are trying to mock me or whatever - but why do you say such a blunt thing?

Buddhism is a religion and a belief system. It's not some illusion.
Maya is the illusion - Maya is a part of Buddhism.

Last edited by Neville : 06-12-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:15 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
I'm not really certain that you understand english well or if you are trying to mock me or whatever - but why do you say such a blunt thing?

Buddhism is a religion and a belief system. It's not some illusion.
Maya is the illusion - Maya is a part of Buddhism.
Are you attached to a 'meaning'? The 'illusion' is that Buddha had any better insight into the nature of existence than you or i.. Buddha said that "Life is suffering", i experience otherwise.. i trust direct experience over the words of a neurotic that lived 2000 years ago, consciousness has evolved much since then..

I understand English quite well.. and, religion to some is the illusion.

Be well..

Last edited by Neville : 06-12-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Nightshade

Lol, never though anyone would hate Buddha. But I guess there are people for everything.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:53 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Lol, never though anyone would hate Buddha. But I guess there are people for everything.
If you believe that my post indicates that i "hate Buddha", i do not.. i've studied much of his work, and much of the works of his followers.. i simply disagree with several of his core beliefs, but much of his work is very good..

Be well..
Old 06-12-2012, 05:26 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Yes, totally agree Shamanslave, that would be my interpretation too. Of course none of us really know for sure, but, if the Tao is also` the way` then I know what the way is not, and it is not conflict.
We need to be kinder I think, and not point score with intellectual weaponry, that is definitley not the way

Be Groovy
Using intellectual weaponry to shred the veil of Maya is definitely part of the way.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:09 PM
Nightshade

Quote:
Greetings..

If you believe that my post indicates that i "hate Buddha", i do not.. i've studied much of his work, and much of the works of his followers.. i simply disagree with several of his core beliefs, but much of his work is very good..

Be well..
Yea well I read your post before you edited away the "I think Buddha was mental/loony" -part. Maybe you should think twice about what you write if you don't want people having incorrect views about you.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
Using intellectual weaponry to shred the veil of Maya is definitely part of the way.
I`m sure you are right Rin
Old 06-12-2012, 10:03 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Greetings..

Are you attached to a 'meaning'? The 'illusion' is that Buddha had any better insight into the nature of existence than you or i.. Buddha said that "Life is suffering", i experience otherwise.. i trust direct experience over the words of a neurotic that lived 2000 years ago, consciousness has evolved much since then..

I understand English quite well.. and, religion to some is the illusion.

Be well..
The Buddha did not literally mean life is suffering - the word suffering was one of translation.
Life is "dukkha" - which includes temporary states like happiness.

http://buddhism.about.com/od/thefour...khaexplain.htm
Old 07-12-2012, 05:10 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Yea well I read your post before you edited away the "I think Buddha was mental/loony" -part. Maybe you should think twice about what you write if you don't want people having incorrect views about you.
Please read the "edited by" at the bottom of the posts.. i did not ever post that "I think Buddha was mental/loony", so the quotes only apply to the version you fabricated in your mind.. 'you' have an incorrect view about my intentions, i carefully choose what i write.. maybe you should read more thoroughly and clearly, and ask some questions rather than 'assume'..

So, let's consider Buddha's childhood.. where his royal family created a 'complete illusion' that sheltered him from suffering, sickness, aging, poverty, even death.. so, when he saw 'real life' for the first time, he reacted to real life as the 'illusion', teaching that Life is illusion and suffering.. so, just pretend that Life isn't real and the suffering goes away?.. but, to those without the resources to fix their problems, pretending the problems don't exist is better than worrying about them, right?.. i experience this circumstance differently, collectively we can actually 'do' something to improve the human condition..

Be well..