Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-06-2011, 03:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
So how many people here can relate to the top 5 ?

vinepu... I relate to your excellent article in this way: As a counselor I sometimes ask people this question...

When you come to the end of your life and look back, what would you like to see in terms of the theme of your life experience?

In the hundreds of NDE stories I have read there are often two questions asked of people in their 'crossing over':

"How well have you learned, and how well have you loved?"

Xan

Old 09-06-2011, 04:19 AM
OMG, MutedBlue - yesterday? Whew. And it will always seem like "yesterday"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
I don't seem to do much others want me to do, I mean sometimes I go out when I'm tired -no biggy - I honor me and what is good for me.

2. I wish I didn’t work so hard. I might work 16 hrs a week.

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings. Oh, I express my feelings.

. 4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. All my friends are right here in my city - we see each other all the time - parties, lunch, phone, coffee, drinks.
I have a blast with them.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier. Gosh, I couldn't BE much happier.

I seem to live my life as if I'm already living in eternity.
Opening to the Divine Presence - like sunbathing - what more is there?
You asked if we related to these... I think most of us here are a bit different than your patients because we are so actively
moving towards the Divine or to a Higher Consciousness and have been for years.
Many here have been in therapy, also - doing much "work" on our selves - living in a world of Tolle, Dyer and Chopra, you know?

But, I relate to the regrets because of my parents and how
they lived their lives.
It was a different generation.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 09-06-2011, 06:02 AM
yinepu

Muted Blue I am sorry to hear about your dad

Its great to see so many of us wont have these regrets on our deathbed, i certainly wont.

No 5 is a great one and something i wished for when i was younger , not so much happier, just wish i didnt restrict myself so much, but its turned me into who i am today so im happy.

XAN., I think i read somewhere to ask your self if you were to die tomorow , what would be your biggest regret ? And if so why arent you doing something to change it !!! I loved it so thats my philosophy now.

My other FAVOURITE saying is..... whats affecting you today , will it affect you in 5 years ? and if not let it go .....its not going to matter latter so dont let it matter now !!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Kruise

This is the 3rd time in a couple of days I've come across this. Just yesterday it was on the radio station I listen too, the breakfast announcer read it out during their show, and then she posted it on to her facebook page with a link to the radio station's website, and now it was the first thing I saw on here.
I think it's great to publish things like this, as it does make people stop and think about life and death, and making sure we appreciate each day. It's not until we personally go through something ourselves that it makes us think about how we should be living our lives, and unfortunately for some, it is too late to rectify it. I know once we pass over it certainly helps us if we know that we'd told our loved ones we loved them, made peace with anything that was still troubling us and grateful for the life we have had.
Of course, we are all humans in this existance, and we will make mistakes, and have to account for those at some stage, but that is why we are here. We have to look at all the good we do also, even just taking a couple of moments to pray for world peace is helping!
Blessings to you all, and especially those who have just lost loved ones. Send them your love and know that they will receive it.
K.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutedBlue
My father just passed away yesterday. It was in the middle of the night and I did not have a chance to have a talk like this with him though I suspect there are quite a few things like what you've brought up that had gone through his head. He had COPD and I think I was in denial about just how bad it was. If he was conscious at the time he passed, I truly hope he had a chance and was able to become at peace with having to let go. It comforted me to read that you wrote every patient you came across was able to find their peace.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss...........
James
Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 PM
Master
Hi Muted Blue,

I'm so sorry to hear of your fathers passing.

zipzip
Old 11-06-2011, 10:24 PM
Master
I really loved these too.

For some reason I seem to be resonating to #3 express my feelings.

hmmmmmmmmm? I gotta think on that one.

zipzip
Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 PM
BoyWhoDisappeared

Wow...
I'm really glad that I came across this thread because if i hadn't, I'd of most likely had the exact same regrets during my last moments of this life, but now I'll make sure that I pass away with as few regrets as possible
Thank you Yinepu!
Old 13-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you Yinepu, Miss Hepburn, James, and zipzip for your condolences. They mean alot to me. I love this forum and being here has helped me greatly.
Old 13-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Master
Condolences for your dads passing MutedBlue xx

__________________________________________________ ________

1. Why was i not more honest with myself and others ...
2. Why did i not help others as much as was in my power to do so ...
3. Why did i allow myself to become so 'self-obsessed' ...
4. why did i not share what i discovered with greater sincerity ...
5. Why did i not take greater care of myself physically ...