Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-10-2020, 09:52 PM
Pathfinder
Lightbulb Esoteric spirituality!

Hello beautiful people,
I see a lot of you asking questions and some of you might be looking for some guidance. Others may just enjoy contemplating these types of ideas. I specially created this podcast for my community and want it to find the right people.

If you enjoy diving into the subtle realms or maybe you would like some practical solutions, check out my podcast Oracle for Alchemy. It's not as easy to be in touch with people to socialize these days and that can feel alienating... at the same time some of us have an opportunity to more inner work!

https://anchor.fm/erin-oracle

I hope everyone is keeping well.
Old 20-10-2020, 10:12 PM
Master

Why don't you share your thoughts here?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 20-10-2020, 10:20 PM
Pathfinder
I do, I've been a part of this community for 10 years...
I've created a resource where people can listen. I enjoy listening as well as reading, and I include a guided meditation at the end to encourage calm. 😊
Old 22-10-2020, 01:37 PM
Lorelyen

As our paths are always our own, I'd say that all spirituality is esoteric. Our individual slants on it will relate considerably to our backgrounds, experiences, circumstances.
Old 22-10-2020, 04:35 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
As our paths are always our own, I'd say that all spirituality is esoteric. Our individual slants on it will relate considerably to our backgrounds, experiences, circumstances.

I'd say the word esoteric isn't specific but it definitely has some implications. I feel a more accurate description would be that all things in life are spiritual because all is energy. Letting go of separation between every day life and prayer can show you magic. I recognize the importance and power of ritual, the more things in you see as sacred the more gratitude you can grow.
Within my community over the past decade where I practiced meditation in groups and healing circles, we have definitely had many similarities, so I don't know if you mean other cultures... but it seems pretty clear to me that this sort of knowledge transcend all cultures, because we are connecting with the same source. Not only that but the various sources filtered down closer to a vibration that we can recognize like Gods and goddesses are well documented across the world and history from all origins. I also really enjoy talking about archetypes because they are another understanding that each of us have a connection to in our psyche.
Part of the point of my podcast is talk about building blocks and blue prints. To become aware of what those 'slants' we have are, or in other words recognize the filters we look through and see how we can use different lenses along our journey. I'd say probably the most important reason to do that would be love ourselves more deeply and to have more compassion for those around us, but of course there are many reasons!
Old 22-10-2020, 06:33 PM
Lorelyen

So....are you saying that all energy is spiritual? Because all spiritual is energy?
Letting go of everyday life so that energy can be concentrated is the aim of any occultist. In common parlance, they call it setting up a psychodrama.

Yes, the well-documented icons and ideas you speak of as common to all (or at least most) cultures was well presented in Crowley's Liber 777. I think you may have trouble relating it to Chinese ideology but that's beside the point.

You bring up some interesting points. I think we're on the same page for most of it, not all. "Love" is a tricky word. What do you mean by it?
Old 22-10-2020, 07:41 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
So....are you saying that all energy is spiritual? Because all spiritual is energy?
Letting go of everyday life so that energy can be concentrated is the aim of any occultist. In common parlance, they call it setting up a psychodrama.

Yes, the well-documented icons and ideas you speak of as common to all (or at least most) cultures was well presented in Crowley's Liber 777. I think you may have trouble relating it to Chinese ideology but that's beside the point.

You bring up some interesting points. I think we're on the same page for most of it, not all. "Love" is a tricky word. What do you mean by it?

I'm saying the material world is based energetic structure, spirituality could be described as personal experience and esoteric spirituality is a lose group of ideas which I believe could be beneficial for people to explore if it calls to them. The word esoteric is especially charged for certain people, I have experienced that the sharing of this type of knowledge is beneficial. Times are changing and even the mystery school systems I have come in contact with have become more relaxed. Although, some seem to definitely still use hierarchy in an oppressive way, in one mystery school experience I felt like their whole ideology was based on fear and power over, so I didn't fit in.

I'm not sure how you formed the opinion that I'd have trouble relating to Chinese ideology. If it's besides the point, why include a condescending opinion?...
Chinese ideology was/is very helpful for me for how I formed my knowing of the energetic systems of the body. I have used various eastern systems to connect back to the body.

Language is tricky because it is limited when talking about energy, which is perhapse better known through the experience of the body. When I say love more deeply, in practice what I am referring to is to connect to the layers of yourself, in this individual expression you are currently born in, and live authentically. You can chose not to do that, and I don't have any judgment. From the various wants expressed by my communities, authenticity and power of choice is usually a good place to start. We came hear with preferences and when we interact in relationships we create boundaries and experience life.

I don't consider myself an occultist because I feel like that implies holding up certain ideology. I'm an advocate of carefully and thoughtfully breaking down structures that are outdated, to consciously build ones that better suit current times, which is ongoing as we evolve. As well, on a personal level allow people to become more sovereign and experience empowerment.
Old 24-10-2020, 01:25 PM
Lorelyen

It's an interesting discussion. I see no problem about occultism and much of spirituality verges on it anyway. It just means "hidden" but I suppose what distinguishes occultists is their intent to use "hidden" energies to get things done - and more often than not, ritual and psychodrama. Not always - Is, for example, LoA not about getting things done by using a dilute form of psychodrama? Occultism gets bad press because it's portrayed as evil and/or materialistic, useful material for Hollywood and horror writers.

I was quite into "language" once as I studied semiotics, language being the first inroad by Saussure: that words are signs that signify ideas. Signs needn't just be words though; pictures, sounds, scents and so on do the same... which is fine until the idea must remain abstract, a word like "love" or "mind"...they'll signify different things to different people, impossible for one person to describe to another because experience (which is esoteric to me) has no vocabulary except at the grossest level. Like, claiming to love or hate someone or something implies a positive or negative sentiment but can't imply deeper quality beyond that.

I mentioned China in that it's difficult to "correspond" aspects of its cosmology with western symbolism as the meanings of given symbols that superficially seem to correspond can be different. Significance of stars and the zodiac is a good example. I could have suggested Japan. Or Voodoo that can be partially related.
Old 24-10-2020, 04:28 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang
I
I don't consider myself an occultist because I feel like that implies holding up certain ideology. I'm an advocate of carefully and thoughtfully breaking down structures that are outdated, to consciously build ones that better suit current times, which is ongoing as we evolve. As well, on a personal level allow people to become more sovereign and experience empowerment.

If enlightenment was easy to obtain - every one would be it.

From personal experience, you are on the path of the true self. A wonderful journey that I am still on. Thank you for your service to other deities/consciousnesses and best of luck to you. I hope you manage to break into your own universe. Don't forget that for people who are on the path of the true self, everyone around them shouldn't really be real. They are AI or illusions. Characters in their story, in their game, in their mind. True self's only recognize other true self's as being real. The path of the one, otherwise known as the the path of ascension.