Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-12-2019, 10:40 PM
Master
WHAT ARE SOME EXCELLENT BIBLES?

We mention Bibles but as far as I know, we have not looked at how to tell a 'good' Bible from a 'bad' Bible.

What criteria makes a Bible a good Bible?

Same goes for a 'bad' Bible.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:58 PM
ImthatIm

BigJohn

Just watched this video, found it very interesting.
It is more concerned with YHVH and it's many forms and writers in the old testament.
So kinda off topic.
Vid. is about 22min. long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZECezMYug8c
Old 12-12-2019, 04:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
We mention Bibles but as far as I know, we have not looked at how to tell a 'good' Bible from a 'bad' Bible.What criteria makes a Bible a good Bible? Same goes for a 'bad' Bible.

all words are inspired by God, (2Tim. 3:16-17). because the original manuscripts, which were written by men. came by means of Jehovah's Holy Spirit. But when MANY translators of the Bible, switches verses ,removed or add, to it. It can make what was meant, changed into something else. Causing arguments among those who suppose to be Christians. And confusion for those who's TRULY seeking. For example, Jehovah or Yahweh's name. MANY translators tried to removed the name totally. Placing it with capital L-O-R-D.

Such as the Good News Translation (Exo. 6:3*I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as Almighty God, but I did not make myself known to them by my holy name, the Lord). The name was in the older versions of 3kj Bibles ,( KJV, KJ21 and AKJV). The NOG, uses Yahweh, which is his name in Hebrew, In this Verse. Yet these bible versions still doesn't have the name throughout the Bible. Where LORD is placed. This is why MANY are confused when they are shown the name...from their OWN Bible.

This God wanted his name known, or he wouldn't have had man put it there! Jesus even said that he made his Father's NAME KNOWN, to men who already worship his Father. They just didn't know his name ,(John 17:6). and a verse that suppose to say ,as this version shows ,(English standardPsa. 68:11The Lord gives the word; the women who announce the news are a great host, (referring to women, spreading the GOOD NEWS). Again, ALL 4 kjb removed women ... kjv (Psa. 68:11The Lord gave the word; great was the company of those that proclaimed it).

So have other version. and some bible versions, just remove the whole verse all together. See (Douay-Rheims , Psa. 68:11 “And I covered my soul in fasting: an d it was made a reproach to me”. This is TOTALLY Different! some versions add a verse, when there were no original verse. And!.. if Jehovah wanted someone's name representing his words. He would have used the one whom he sent, JESUS! Not ANY imperfect human, Especially someone who DIDN'T worship him! such as king james. peace
Old 12-12-2019, 04:20 PM
Master
Thanks.

Maybe you or somebody else can explain what older Septuagint based manuscripts that contained the Tetragrammaton. If Jesus used the name, why do not Christians use the name?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-12-2019, 01:19 AM
Guide

Quote:
We mention Bibles but as far as I know, we have not looked at how to tell a 'good' Bible from a 'bad' Bible.

I’m more inclined towards KJV for the reason that I prefer some literal interpretation of what was attempting to be said over some loose interpretation where others might be able to interject their own opinion for what was trying to be said.

Of coarse, many of my own Christian friends don’t like the fact that I feel that way. But if that is the price that I must pay ... then so be it!!! lol
Old 13-12-2019, 02:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
I’m more inclined towards KJV for the reason that I prefer some literal interpretation of what was attempting to be said over some loose interpretation where others might be able to interject their own opinion for what was trying to be said.

Of coarse, many of my own Christian friends don’t like the fact that I feel that way. But if that is the price that I must pay ... then so be it!!! lol
Can you provide an example?

Old 13-12-2019, 03:37 AM
Guide

There are plenty of examples, but for now, I will just use a petty example for the reason that I don’t want to use my time searching for verses:

Isiah 14:23 KJV

23*I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the Lord of hosts.

Isiah 14:23 NIV

23. “I will turn her into a place for owls
****and into swampland;
I will sweep her with the broom of destruction,”
****declares the Lord Almighty.

Notice that the KJV version doesn’t mention the word Owls.

LOL!!!!!
Old 13-12-2019, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Mark
There are plenty of examples, but for now, I will just use a petty example for the reason that I don’t want to use my time searching for verses:

Isiah 14:23 KJV

23*I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the Lord of hosts.

Isiah 14:23 NIV

23. “I will turn her into a place for owls
****and into swampland;
I will sweep her with the broom of destruction,”
****declares the Lord Almighty.

Notice that the KJV version doesn’t mention the word Owls.

LOL!!!!!
I see your point.

Old 13-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:

Isn't it true that a "good" Bible would be determined by the references it makes which show continuity of message, and also cites origins of languages.
I've owned two Scofield Bibles. One was a 1913 edition. Another a large letter, "Reference Bible", which was of large size.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-12-2019, 04:46 PM
Master
You have perked my interest.

I have never owned a Scofield Bible. I gotta look around for one,

Thanks.