Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-05-2018, 06:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
"tethering will eat into my memory big time" ~ Shivani Devi
remember this?
The Who ~ Going Mobile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKX6GOmTGBA
I don't know that one....I only know Pinball Wizard and My Generation, so that means I cannot be enlightened, don't it?

'twas a bit before my time anyway.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thanks again. The reason why I switched to mobile internet, was because the pre-paid was cheaper (by $20) than using my laptop, but I am still limited to 5 gig a month because I have a bad credit rating and can't go on a plan. I just found out that tethering will eat into my memory big time, so it will work out cheaper in the end to just Top up my modem with $50 for 5 gig, instead of $30 for 5 gig via the mobile phone.

Which only goes to prove that even though you DO learn and know stuff, doesn't mean you can do a damn thing with it. lol

Sorry about that, you are not getting a very good deal compared to us here in UK. I don't use Mobile Data but a family member has unlimited Mobile Dongle for £15 a month. Your only solution is to look for a phone with a big screen to make it more comfortable on the eyes, some of these phones are as big as a Tablet.

Yes knowledge is only useful when you can use it
Old 04-05-2018, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Sorry about that, you are not getting a very good deal compared to us here in UK. I don't use Mobile Data but a family member has unlimited Mobile Dongle for £15 a month. Your only solution is to look for a phone with a big screen to make it more comfortable on the eyes, some of these phones are as big as a Tablet.

Yes knowledge is only useful when you can use it
Yes, in Australia, the main internet providers being Optus and Telstra are very expensive when it comes to pre paid internet without a plan. Sure I could look around for a less expensive option, but this phone is locked into Optus anyway and I would like to keep my existing number... however the phone has a huge screen, so that's a bonus....

On a separate note, I managed to go into YouTube, I found the settings where it says 'share link' and I pressed that button, but nothing happens and I cannot see where that link is stored anywhere... Maybe I need Google account...so I looked online for the answer, got hit with a wall of techno-glyphs and it all went back into the 'too hard basket'.... can't say I didn't try.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
do you actually know that?
inquiring minds want to know.

I did not say, the mind does not want to know. The mind is part of the Ego, sure it wants to know. I said, it is not important to know. And it isn't, and yes I know.
At the point of crossing into fifth density, the density of wisdom, as I would call it, you will have to let go of everything you have known in this reality.
It will not be valid any longer. And this is not the only thing you will have to lest go of.
Again, yes I know, I have done this many times.
Meaning, crossing from a similar reality to a fifth density.
Try it, it's exhilarating.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:15 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Well my dear, to anybody who isn't a Hindu, they will have little to no significance whatsoever. This is something that Sri OP Verma has not considered in his opening post. Having said that, the Vedas are an ancient repository of knowledge, especially regarding Quantum mechanics which science is only now beginning to discover, which is fascinating.

Having said that, a Hindu has now responded to this and I welcome the opportunity to discuss the Vedas, Upanishads and the Shastra Pramana in greater detail if the opening poster is up for the challenge, of course. ;)

Hindus have no exclusive right on Indian Scriptures. They are only the custodians of the scriptures that are great book of science and belongs to all humanity.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
Hindus have no exclusive right on Indian Scriptures. They are only the custodians of the scriptures that are great book of science and belongs to all humanity.
I never implied that Hindus have the exclusive rights. I merely stated that only a Hindu would be particularly interested in reading them.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
whats so funny about it?

Jesus is not a bad person to get to know..

You need to deal with your issue of ruination from others..hehe

lol. yeah.

although i should say im not saying he was or wasnt a bad person. never met him. the idea behind it is what im laughing about. the idea that if i know somebody specificly and get the name right. that is the answer.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 04-05-2018, 10:28 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Well my dear, to anybody who isn't a Hindu, they will have little to no significance whatsoever. This is something that Sri OP Verma has not considered in his opening post. Having said that, the Vedas are an ancient repository of knowledge, especially regarding Quantum mechanics which science is only now beginning to discover, which is fascinating.

Having said that, a Hindu has now responded to this and I welcome the opportunity to discuss the Vedas, Upanishads and the Shastra Pramana in greater detail if the opening poster is up for the challenge, of course. ;)

Indian Scriptures are great book of knowledge and belong to all humanity. It contains Bible too. Hindus are merely custodians and do not have the exclusive proprietorial rights over them.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Master
AUM NAMAH SHIVAYA

HARA HARA MAHADEV

Well, it's better than me repeating myself to another who just doesn't want to listen.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:07 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
I have read and understood all of the ancient Indian Scriptures and if there was anything I gleaned from doing so, is that whatever can be 'known' or 'understood' bears no relationship to God whatsoever.

In the case of Samadhi, one knows and understands a heck of a lot, but it is still all relative to Maya, in that they also realise they cannot know 'everything' because no matter how much they only THINK they know, there is still so much more to learn and it never ends, until the mind is totally bypassed and the heart gets involved in it, then what cannot be understood through the mind, becomes understood through the heart.

Still, even an enlightened Sage doesn't know everything and they will be the very first to admit they know nothing whatsoever.

As for 'fake teachers'...in India, caste bias and prejudice is rife, sadly...The way shudras are treated makes me cry inside...it isn't their fault.

The other day, I saw a documentary whereby teachers and priests from the Brahmin Caste were persecuted and denounced as frauds and fakes for giving alms to starving 'untouchables'. This really opened my eyes, being that who is considered to be a 'fake' or a 'fraud' is always in the eyes of another who has a biased agenda and has nothing whatsoever to do with the Guru or teacher.

It seems you have not read the Thread properly. Knowledge means knowing God, Nature and Soul SCIENTIFICALLY. How Soul is created ? How Maya ( thought energy) gets converted into Pradhan ( dark energy), subsequently into Prakriti ...and so on. You should read some of my threads in Astronomy Sec.to know the scientific explanation of scriptures. Gurus like Ram Rahim and Asharam gave literary explanations as you are doing.

Understanding means experiencing. When you have acquired knowledge and do meditation you experience God better.