Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 31-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanbee
Probably that WE as humans should be living in harmony (life pattern) with the universe, not trying to conquer it.
What does it mean to live in ''harmony with the universe''?

Sauropods were capable of destroying trees, pine beetles cause deforestation..

So what is harmony?
Old 31-01-2011, 07:12 PM
lanbee

That's what I'm trying to learn

I guess I'm trying to say that we humans are no longer in touch with the natural life forces in the universe. We try to control our environment instead of taking only what we need and leave the rest behind for someone else in need. Of course, that plan would probably not go over well with todays population. My opinion is this "control" developed a long time ago and I wish it hadn't. I think we are way out of sync. (this is just where I'm at right now ) There is a natural cycle to things...death and destruction are necessary but it's supposed to be balanced. or I want it to be balanced......
Old 31-01-2011, 07:13 PM
lanbee

Quote:
I guess I'm trying to say that we humans are no longer in touch with the natural life forces in the universe. We try to control our environment instead of taking only what we need and leave the rest behind for someone else in need. Of course, that plan would probably not go over well with todays population. My opinion is this "control" developed a long time ago and I wish it hadn't. I think we are way out of sync. (this is just where I'm at right now ) There is a natural cycle to things...death and destruction are necessary but it's supposed to be balanced. or I want it to be balanced......
Sorry, this was a reply to Chrysaetos.
Old 31-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Master
We control our environment because we are capable of doing so. Building dikes, digging water canals etc.
In a sense everything is natural by default, that includes controlling the environment, rape, murder, war. It is all natural.
Of course they are not appealing, but that is an ethical point of view.

Linking it to the thread subject, the earth can't give us messages as it has no conscience or morals.
It is a constant battleground of climatic changes, tectonic shifts, earthquakes.

By controlling the environment, we obviously do harmful things.
But thanks to our control of the environment we can also bring more safety.
Old 31-01-2011, 07:36 PM
lanbee

Control or ruin? Building dikes and water canals for what? To support over population? Only to produce more people. Or produce more food to store away to make people work way too hard to pay for so we can produce more people. Earth provided that before. Before we thought it was our job to "control" it.
Old 31-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Control or ruin? Building dikes and water canals for what? To support over population? Only to produce more people.
To protect the people. If there were no dikes right now I would be swimming..
Overpopulation is a result from religious thinking be fruitful and multiply and using condoms is a sin. Poverty is also a major cause.
Quote:
Or produce more food to store away to make people work way too hard to pay for so we can produce more people. Earth provided that before. Before we thought it was our job to "control" it.
Even before our civilisation humans (partly) caused the extinction of other species.
Control isn't always bad.. we all reap the benefits of it..=)
Old 01-02-2011, 02:52 AM
Master
ha! the arrogance! we may screw with and screw up the environment for our temporary comfort, convenience and profit but we humans have NO control over the planet. haven't you been watching those massive blizzards? the tsunamis? the earthquakes? the wildfires? the tornados? the volcanos? the hurricanes? the droughts? the floods and mudslides? does all that seem controlled to you?
Old 01-02-2011, 03:57 AM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
ha! the arrogance! we may screw with and screw up the environment for our temporary comfort, convenience and profit but we humans have NO control over the planet. haven't you been watching those massive blizzards? the tsunamis? the earthquakes? the wildfires? the tornados? the volcanos? the hurricanes? the droughts? the floods and mudslides? does all that seem controlled to you?

InternalQueries, uh, you forgot about the new river that formed itself in Oregon, parts of cities sliding off of mountains in Bolvia and Brazil. Oh and then there was the new bridge/dam that was washed away by floods before it was even finished in China. Of course, there were the Chinese villages that were obliterated by earthquakes. Lets not forget to mention the earthquake in Haiti that was made so much worse because they stripped their side of the island of trees, so when the hurricane hit, it had more profound consequences.
We so arrogantly think that we can change the natural course of rivers, inject solution into the ground to force up oil, dig out sides of mountains without consequence. Ooops, almost forgot the Gulf Oil Spill. How much of that was the natural course of earth? That was from us mucking about and being stupendously arrogant, careless and stupid.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
ha! the arrogance! we may screw with and screw up the environment for our temporary comfort, convenience and profit but we humans have NO control over the planet.
Where is the arrogance?
We don't have control over the planet, but we can use the environment to suit our needs. The problem is not that we do control our environment, it's part of the human race.
The issue people have with it usually arises in how we do it. To answer this we have to look (and possibly judge) at every individual case.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:43 PM
zeke zenna & mook

I have seen a dcoumentary where a group of people admitted to making crop circles they even showed how they did it, they had flat boards on the floor which they stood on to flatten the wheat, they did create a crop circle but i like to think not all are man made and there is a spiritual meaning.