Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 01-10-2020, 04:56 PM
deactivated

Crying

I wonder what others thoughts are on crying. I understand it's a release of emotion and even physical toxins.

I cry a lot, almost daily. Even if just briefly. Waterproof mascara is a joke.

As humans, we cry when we're sad, happy, lonely, laughing, empathizing with movie characters. Sometimes I cry just as a physical reaction without any emotion attached. Why do you think this is? And why do some people not cry much at all? Is there a way to learn to control tears a little better? The internet says to look up at fluorescent lights to shock the irises out of producing tears or something like that, but I'm hoping someone here has some advice addressing the root of it
Old 02-10-2020, 02:34 PM
Master
Crying is about fulfillment or a lack of fulfillment, but it is not a good or bad thing. Although I do believe crying is a symptom of something deeper. Compassionate and sensitive people cry more often than insensitive or unsympathetic people.

It may be emotional but does not necessarily involve our emotions. Crying, in my opinion, has more to do with our mood and attitude than anything else. We cry when our heart opens, because and open heart is our natural state of being. It is social conditioning that says when, where, and for how long, we should cry.

Crying is perceived differently in different cultures and kids are conditioned about crying from a very young age. Some people even tell infant babies to stop crying. Lots of people have grown to view crying as a negative thing, or something that they find annoying. Generally people think something is wrong when they see someone crying.

I would rather a person cry a lot than not cry at all. There are people who are unable to cry, and there are many reasons for this, as well as many reasons why a person may cry a lot. Medical reasons dealing with the person’s eyes or and autoimmune condition, or environmental reasons, such as living in a dry climate or a place that is often windy. People living in windy areas often experience depression more.

Depression or other mental health issues can lead to a lot of crying, such as repressed emotions that a person may not be aware of, or our personal beliefs, which has to do with our cultural upbringing about crying, etc. Certain medications can effect a person’s crying or lack of crying also. There are lots of reasons and only a comprehensive examination, both physical and mental, including a person’s history, can pinpoint what might be going on.

I suggest you keep a journal and write down when you cry to see if there is a pattern, what were you doing, how were you feeling, the time of day, or what were you thinking, that bought on tears, etc., you might uncover something you did not even know was happening.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:42 PM
Elfin

Crying is a very normal emotion.. never be ashamed of it... It's a beautiful trait... Some people in here might wish to try it !!!
Old 03-10-2020, 06:09 PM
Master

When I was younger, say in my 20's and 30's I cried a lot. It was a deep gut sadness that I felt most of the time. I wasn't depressed, it was something deeper than that.

By my late 30's I started remembering things in my past, things from my childhood I had suppressed. From there I had about 20 years of healing after that. Now I don't cry much anymore.

Not saying this is your problem. But it was mine.
Old 03-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Administrator
I am not one for crying never have been.at funerals everyone around me can be crying.i am not.people think its because im hard got no feelings.
which is totally incorrect i care.but i am also a very private person.
i deal with things in my own way.
people crying watching movies is beyond me.i dont see what they are crying over.
Crying is an Emotion a natural Emotion.it is a release but everyone is different

Namaste
Old 03-10-2020, 09:03 PM
Master
Native Spirit, I relate to what you have said. I attended a funeral of a friend and afterwards a woman
I know came over to me and said “you did not cry at the funeral,” she also inferred about my love for the
person who had died.

It had nothing to do with my love, or lack of love, for the deceased. I just have a different view of death
and have seen lots of people die, children, etc. Nor do I see myself as calloused.

If the tears are there they will come and if they are not there they will not come. Although some people do
cry on demand, or they cry, especially at a funeral, because they are expected to cry.
Old 03-10-2020, 10:00 PM
Master
Crying is for females and sissy men. Real men never cry. I'm totally kidding.

A good cry is good from time to time. You feel much better afterwards. I don't cry as much anymore. When i do its more out of joy. Sometimes you get so overwhelmed with joy tears start coming out. Crying from movies does seem silly but i am a sucker for happy endings so can't help it.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:40 PM
Master

One movie I cried over: Taking Chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcsPuNxEHXo
Old 05-10-2020, 09:54 PM
deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
When I was younger, say in my 20's and 30's I cried a lot. It was a deep gut sadness that I felt most of the time. I wasn't depressed, it was something deeper than that.

I feel similarly. I cry for many shallow reasons too of course. But there always seems to be a dull ache. It's gotten worse as I've given up some of my more self-destructive vices. Maybe 'worse' isn't fair wording choice. It's just inconvenient to cry a lot. It's also pretty dehydrating. It feels childish to sob for no tangible reason as a grown woman.

Native Spirit, I admire the ability to not cry during movies. It seems like you might have an easier time staying objective and not identifying with characters so emotionally.
Old 20-10-2020, 04:47 PM
Master

I never cry if I can help it. In my childhood, crying meant showing weakness and had a great cost. In my adulthood it means showing loss of self control. I respect those who are capable of crying and I think it is a valuable tool for mental health, but it is not for me. I do not need further losses or worsening my defeats.