Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 11-09-2020, 03:26 AM
Pathfinder

“A belief is not merely an idea the mind possesses; it is an idea that possesses the mind.”

--Robert Oxton Bolton

"It's all in your head...you just have no idea how big your head is."

--Lon Milo DuQuette

"In the Abyss all things exist, indeed, at least in posse, but are without any possible meaning; for they lack the substratum of spiritual Reality. They are appearances without Law. They are thus Insane Delusions. Now the Abyss being thus the great storehouse of Phenomena, it is the source of all impressions."

--Aleister Crowley

“I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.”

--Mark Twain

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

--Nietzsche

"The Adversary of your Soul, the blackest thoughts that try to poison you...these storms subside."

--Ronan Harris

"Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die."

--Buddha
Old 11-09-2020, 03:59 AM
Master
     "The distinguishing mark
        of man is the hand,

the instrument with which
      he does all his mischief."

George Orwell

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜
      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 11-09-2020, 12:28 PM
Master
“No man escapes When freedom fails,
The best men rot in filthy jails;
And they who cried: “Appease, Appease!”
Are hanged by men they tried to please.”
~ George Hiram Mann

[George Hiram Mann] (1872-1955) New York City self-taught attorney, took a case involving overtime payments for 1,400 Navy yard workers, settled 27 years later when Congress passed a bill authorizing $332,342.72 for the back pay.
Old 11-09-2020, 02:01 PM
Master
    A people that elect corrupt politicians,
                      imposters,
                        thieves
                     and traitors

are not victims,
                  but accomplices.

George Orwell

Old 11-09-2020, 02:02 PM
Master
    If you want to keep a secret,
         you must also hide it
              from yourself.

George Orwell

Old 12-09-2020, 05:40 AM
Pathfinder

This is a movie quote from Mothman Prophecies:

"If there was a car crash ten blocks away, that window washer up there could probably see it. Now, that doesn't mean he's God, or even smarter than we are. But from where he's sitting, he can see a little further down the road."
Old 13-09-2020, 04:19 AM
Experiencer
Fasting Saves You 15% Yearly Off Your Food Bill
Old 13-09-2020, 05:39 AM
Ascender
"Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to." - A few good men. Jack Nicholson".

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.
Old 17-09-2020, 12:44 AM
Master
"The three most difficult things for a human being are not physical feats or intellectual achievements. They are, first, returning love for hate. Second, including the excluded. Third, admitting that you are wrong." - Unkown
Old 17-09-2020, 01:29 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
"The three most difficult things for a human being are not physical feats or intellectual achievements. They are, first, returning love for hate. Second, including the excluded. Third, admitting that you are wrong." - Unkown
Nice one. Getting these right is similar to five major life lessons. Love, compassion, empathy, gratitude and forgiveness.

Yes, I spell my alias incorrectly on purpose. To prove I am not perfect. Yet.