Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 23-01-2007, 11:42 PM
kundalini

Does Oneness Encourage Passivity?

Hi people,

I am purposely terming the following question as thus as I would like to hear your views on it in the most specific way. Does oneness or being in a state of oneness rather, encourage passivity?

Thanks for reading,

Kundalini.
Old 24-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Philip

no! - I will elaborate later
Old 24-01-2007, 08:41 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip
no! - I will elaborate later

Thanks for the answer Philip and I look forward to your elaboration when you have the time, Kundalini.
Old 24-01-2007, 12:22 PM
dreamer

I look at it this way. If I see everything as an extension of myself, a metaphor for my/our soul as in I am the dreamer and I am the dream then suddenly I become empowered to create a nicer dream for myself to experience just by putting the work in to making myself the person that i want to be, overcoming doubts and fears, living in the moment and acting in ways that are honest, loving and benificial for all aspects of myself in the "material world outside".

I would say also that looking at things in this way makes me more passive in that i trust my mind will provide what i need if i trust it and appreciate the manifested fruits of its work, so i'm less stressed.

So maybe in one way yes, in another no - after all truth is everything is it not?

Last edited by dreamer : 24-01-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 24-01-2007, 04:41 PM
kundalini

Those are some interesting points dreamer. Specifically, I am referring to the use of the word 'passivity' in regards to the question as meaning 'lack of action'. This is what I would like to hear your views on, thanks, K.
Old 24-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Blip

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Those are some interesting points dreamer. Specifically, I am referring to the use of the word 'passivity' in regards to the question as meaning 'lack of action'. This is what I would like to hear your views on, thanks, K.
It would appear that passivity, as you define it, is more a result of the realization of oneness then something encouraged by it.
As the "Self" driven needs for many actions cease to be an influence, the end result would obviously be less actions.
All of this is dependent on passivity being belived to be the opposite of aggression.... Not just lack of action but lack of aggressive actions or aggressive responsive actions..
If this is not the case and passivity is defined simply as lack of action...then the answer would appear to be a resounding "NO" . As the Realization of oneness would create in itself new, positive, interactive, actions..
Old 24-01-2007, 06:57 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Excellent question!! Oneness, or the realization of it, can lead to passivity.. unless, the experiencer can bring Oneness into the "game".. just because we have the realization doesn't imply we just languish in it.. we can, but what's the point? The point, as i see it, is to get back in the game with a new perspective.. From the wisdom of Oneness, we can abandon so many of the notions that create separate perspectives that we can live ever so much more "in the moment".. Realizing Oneness, we can interact with so much more authenticity.. to yield to the passive aspect of existence indicates that one hasn't understood the message of "Oneness"..

The same situation viewed from the perspectives of Oneness and/or many-ness has no influence on the situation, only on the observer's understanding of "consequences".. Recognizing that, ultimately, there is no consequence that cancels existence, is a supremely liberating realization.. it allows for a bit of reckless abandon, some playful mischeviousness.. a bit of pure celebration.. and, when you're in that place, as the sensory input for "God", and you are in pure celebration.. it might possibly have an "orgasmic" effect for the "unified Whole".. ( hope so, anyhow.. it works that way for me..)..

There are no "destinations", only new points of departure.. so that when you realize Oneness there is no lasting inactivity.. you are inspired to have experiences from that perspective...

Be well..
Old 25-01-2007, 12:09 PM
kundalini

Hi Blip and TzuJanLi,

You have made some excellent points for which I am entirely grateful. I like the way that you put it TzuJanLi - The point, as i see it, is to get back in the game with a new perspective.

Thanks, K.
Old 30-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Master
oneness can seem like passivity to some who do not share in the same.
just like there are always people who will only see the negative, there are some who do not like to dwell on that and who try to avoid the negative situation when at all possible. I've dabbled on both sides, and I prefer oneness to negativeness.
Old 30-01-2007, 08:32 PM
Master
getting back into the game with a new perspective is a great way to look at a situation that isn't always agreeable.
Closed Thread