Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2007, 02:16 PM
Glorymist

The Dimensions

It intrigued me to read some of the information being offered concerning the various dimensions or planes / levels of existence. Please note that in no way do I wish to demean or lessen the offerings of Barbara Clow
Old 15-01-2007, 03:44 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Sometimes i think we dwell too much on issues that create divisions where none exist.. i will only offer my perspective without much in the way of explaining, for now.. It is ALL One thing, seamless and perfect.. it expresses itself in a Universe of ways.. because we tend to see ourselves as separate from each other, we also tend to separate experiences of other aspects of ourselves.. There is One Universal Mind, shared by each according to our individual place in the awareness process.. to set-up contrived "dimensions" is further separating these experiences in a direction toward chaos...
Quote:

Sub-dimensions can be thought of almost as nations or continents on this planet. Within the whole of the Earth are many nations / countries / states / continents / oceans / regions / cities / towns / etc. Within the major dimensions - - much the same would be found within each specific vibrational level.

Here, we see the example of contrived notions.. where we color in nations on "representations" of the planet (maps).. but, from space no such boundaries or separations exist.. we create these notions and they divide us, rather than unify.. they create artificial boundaries where we feel confined or as if there are criteria we need to meet to "advance" to other dimensions.. my experience suggests otherwise, that we are free to experience all that our awareness permits.. expand awareness and expand experience..

Be well..
Old 15-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Guide

Glory, I recognize all that you have just said and agree with it entirely. I was hoping to hear from you on this subject.

Tzu, I must disagree, however. It is not the variations that create separation, no. Because a tree is perceived with different characteristics than a mountain does not give to separation. It is the perception itself that creates the separation. The biggest culprit, the mind. It is true, in the end, yes, yes, yes we are all one. This does not, however, contradict individuality. As I like to say, we are all instruments within the perfect symphony which is god, each with our own harmonies and instruments but all playing/singing the same song.

The information within the layers/planes/realms/dimensions may seem not as important as it is the lessons in life itself which remain a constant in any reality. However, the mechanics within them can play a significant factor in how fast one discovers personal truth, I have found. It is not the only way to find it more quickly, but definitely one of them.

Glory, let me offer a little more on the perceived form of the soul planes. First of all, the celestial layer, which I see to lie directly above the etheric does not appear to be confined by anything but rather it is entirely made of defuse light and does contain every color in the rainbow. The divine mind, as is pertains to the human energetic form, is purely gold. Is it not true that the seat of the soul/core star has perceivable location in the body? This does not mean that it exists within the physical realm, only that each person shares a spark from the essence of god and it is viewable with form in the same place with everyone, in the very center of their body. Now, when talking of vibration this high, does location even exist? not really does it. Even though one's highest light, ones core, or one's soul seat can be seen in a person who is hanging out on a park bench in central park, does not give it location, because it in fact, is everywhere thus leading to oneness as all souls, by location as we know it, are all in the same place.

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi

Last edited by chadley : 15-01-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Old 15-01-2007, 06:31 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

Even though one's highest light, ones core, or one's soul seat can be seen in a person who is hanging out on a park bench in central park, does not give it location, because it in fact, is everywhere thus leading to oneness as all souls, by location as we know it, are all in the same place.

It IS all one thing.. we "perceive" separations as dimensions, realms, etc... but, in truth, we are a singular energy.. in a singular place.. perceiving many aspects of the singularity.. the aspects perceived are the result of awarenesses cultivated.. while it may seem to be of importance to perceive more and more separations (dimensions), it is more harmonious to see the unification of dimensions (experiences)..
Quote:

As I like to say, we are all instruments within the perfect symphony which is god, each with our own harmonies and instruments but all playing/singing the same song.

If i strain to hear the individual instruments, i miss the perfection of the "song".. in the chosen analogy, the symphony, the intention is the song, the harmony.. while we cultivate our individual contribution, it is not until we give ourselves over to the song itself that we "fit in" (harmonize).. surrender is a powerful enabler, it negates the ego and illuminates the experience.. we tend to grasp at the "local" expression of the non-local" self in an attempt to satisfy the addiction of the non-local self to its physical "local" expression..

We are intellectually conditioned to perceive things as separate.. we discect things in order to try to understand them, but.. understanding is greater when we see things in their relationship to everythng else (harmony).. Sometime, when you feel comfortable with this suggestion, examine the complex nature of the descriptions of "dimensions" put forth here.. i think you will realize that nature imposes no categorizing of life, life simply emerges.. then, human nature discects it into pieces and parts.. not without cause and purpose, but.. those causes and purposes distract us from the inherent unity available to us..

The local self collapses energy into matter through focused consciousness.. the non-local self exists everywhere and in all "times".. we call it "astral travel" when the local self sesnses its existence in another location.. we call it "telepathy" when one local self bridges the observable separation to another local self.. we refer to "past lives" when we sense our existence in other "times", and we call it "fortune-telling" when we sense the non-local self in a future existence.. we call it "dimensions" when we encounter difficulties experiencing or comprehending the non-local self elsewhere.. those difficulties of perception are not natural boundaries of dimensions, they are simply self-imposed limits of our own perceptions.. and, much the same way we assign personalities to deities, we label certain aspects of the non-local self as dimensions.. it is much easier to contrive natural limitations than admit challenging aspects of our awarenesses.. (me included)..

The universe is far too large to be as complicated as the dimensional descriptions in here suggest.. The universe is simple, our experience of it is ours to do with as we choose..

Be well...

Again, one of my favorite phrases, "We are traveling to where we have always been, from ignorance to enlightenment.. awareness is the vehicle"..
Old 15-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Guide

TzuJan, I understand you point of view, there is a lot of truth in it. And I understand why you are saying it. However, the truth you are giving is already known by many, me included, and is not enough. If it were enough to just know that we are all one and god is of one universal consciousness, that would be great. We all could say, "oh yeah, thats terrific, now that I know we are all one, there is nothing left to do. Yippie!! pain as I know it is over!!"

Tzujan, im sorry to be so abrupt with my disagreement, im not trying to be rude, however, there are others like you who also take this stance as an answer to all questions. When I hear this type of reply, I must keep it real, so to speak. The one thing you are missing, my friend, is that individuation and individual characterists are not separation. To be unique is not to be separate. You are right when you say that one should not strain to hear the individual instruments. Is it a strain to look at a sunset or the stars or a baby, to feel love when doing so, no. they are all aspects of god each with an individual representation of what god is.

individuation and viewing the multiple facets of the universe is not separation. Our uniqueness and the variations of the world are both a part of the beauty of creation and god.

The layers of reality, IMO, are important. It is not enough to intellectually understand that we are all one, in order to reach the level of reality where this is the only reflection, the only truth for our whole being, you must raise your consciousness past the seals or boundaries between the layers. You will find, as you raise your consciousness to the higher realms, you will approach the simplicity of love and oneness. And then, you will find that just achieving these levels of reality is not enough, because we must then integrate the love and oneness we find in the highest states into all the layers below it until those layers are no longer necessary. Until then, it is not wise to ignore the purpose behind the structure of our own path and creation. You can try of course, and maybe have some success for a while, however the universe has a wonderful way of first tapping you on the shoulder and reminding you of what is left undone. Ignore that, and it turns into a poke and so on.

Yes, it is true, I am you, you are me, we are all one, we are all connected, and we are all god and everything is god. But, in turn, we also carry an individual spark of god divinity. Individuation and variation are incorporated within the whole that is the one eternal consciousness called god/universe/love. Earth school, the physical, the astral and so on may seem as an illusion to the levels above it, but it is parimount that we honor the purpose of the lower realities and all the qualities of them before we can raise above them perminently.
Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi

Last edited by chadley : 16-01-2007 at 02:09 AM.
Old 16-01-2007, 03:31 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Hi Chadley: I do not perceive your passion for your beliefs as rude or abrupt..
Quote:

However, the truth you are giving is already known by many, me included, and is not enough. If it were enough to just know that we are all one and god is of one universal consciousness, that would be great.
That Truth, is not enough? I could as easily assert that to fragment that truth with dimensional concepts is no different than religion's deceptions of our inherent relationship with "God".. i do not intend to diminish the individual's contribution to the "Whole", but.. i have been down the road of many signs, each pointing to another piece of another puzzle.. and, my mentor's words spoke to me in one of my brief moments of awakening.. "you can spend a lifetime(s) in pursuit of the truth you "won't" hear, or you can "hear" it once and in an instant the search is revealed".. in those brief moments of pure clarity, notions of separateness vanish, dimensions melt away, and the "Song" emerges in all of its splendor.. one can journey the dimensions and realms for as long as that notion serves them, or.. they can choose to accept the natural and simple and ongoing process of creation, the eternal Now..
Quote:

Is it a strain to look at a sunset or the stars or a baby, to feel love when doing so, no. they are all aspects of god each with an individual representation of what god is.

Indeed, it is no strain at all.. acknowledging the "aspect" is acknowledging the "Whole".. the aspects are signs pointing to the Whole, and.. just like driving, if you focus too much on the signs you miss the experience of what the signs are trying to communicate..
Quote:

The layers of reality, IMO, are important. It is not enough to intellectually understand that we are all one, in order to reach the level of reality where this is the only reflection, the only truth for our whole being, you must raise your consciousness past the seals or boundaries between the layers.
I cannot conceive of "seals or boundaries", and i've tried.. but, those concepts vanish upon close scrutiny.. "astral plane", "4th dimension", "Lower Worlds", etc... are seamless experiences to those that perceive them as such.. we each create our own realities, and for those of you that favor labeling different experiences of the Whole as "dimensions", please realize that the realities you have agreed upon do not impose the same upon those who create their own realities differently.. the experience of the Whole is available to us as we choose, as a struggle through endless dimensions or a seamless experience.. the Universe is indifferent, the Tao sets no boundaries that you do not agree to.. The Whole exists in and through each of us.. Now, is the ripple of creation moving through the void of possibilities, consciousness chooses which possibility to collapse into the individual's reality.. we simply choose differently, some favor "dimensions", some don't... to find passion in the reality you have chosen is appropriate, i do likewise.. but, i must confess a certain liberation from the muddle of dimensions, layers, planes, etc...

I am reminded of time spent in the education system.. each grade could represent a "dimension", confined by the boundaries of academic achievement and "tests" confirming such achievements.. it is noteworthy that tests vary, criteria vary, grades confer ever increasing knowledge.. but, what is common to this concept? the individual having the experience. There are those that excell academically, those that struggle, those that drop-out, and those that cannot be confined by the process.. Like A. Einstein, a high school dropout, the process didn't work for him, it stifled his understanding and experience.. outside the process he shook the intellectual process with such advanced insights as had not been embraced previously.. he was able to link previous concepts and add his own experiences to craft a new reality.. unburdened by the "structure" of the approved process.. Einstein didn't muddle through the trivialities, he understood the continuity and moved on..

I would be appreciative of a description of the boundaries that separate "dimensions", not specifically for debate but because i try to consider all options.. and i am eager to change my perspective when presented with evidence to the contrary.. my only goal is to refine my understanding of the underlying processes that support our individual realities.. i would embrace the notion of "dimensions" if someone could explain how they affect the process of evolving or how the criteria for a particular dimension relates to Unified Consciousness..
Quote:

It is not enough to intellectually understand that we are all one
Here, we agree.. but, our caveats differ.. my caveat is that we must "Live" it as well as understand it.. your caveat is that it consists of layers of dimensions that must be dealt with in order to advance to another layer..

Imagine a jigsaw puzzle.. we examine it piece by piece and assemble the pieces to "recreate" the original picture.. there was the original picture, someone's idea to divide it into interlocking pieces, and the challenge to re-assemble it.. on the box is the original picture, easily observable and recognizable as the "artist" ("God") intended it ("think outside the "box").. then, there is human contrivings, dividing, interlocking, challenge, and the "game" of re-assembly.. even the re-assembled picture has the observable scars of the parsing, we see the faint shapes created when the original picture was cut into pieces.. You see, between the original and the scarred reassembly there is human intervention, not divine design..

We may differ in our perception of the purpose of existence.. it is my understanding that the Experience IS the purpose, not a learning, not a school for cosmic children.. pure experience, no rules, no cosmic puppeteers, evolution set in motion to unfold on its own and according to however its spontaneity emerges, this is "nature".. rules are a contrivance of man, designed to control nature to produce favorable results.. the "rules" of nature are simple, spontaneity and random order.. random order emerges as organizing principles beneficial to the experience at hand.. what we view as "rules" are short term by comparison to the greater processes.. such as survival of the fittest, at one time the strongest was the fittest, now the wisest is the fittest, who knows what the future brings.. even survival is a mis-conception, all things "survive".. they only change form..

I ponder existence consumed with the notions of dimensions, realms, planes, etc... compared with the simply embracing this short physical experience with sincere gusto, savoring each moment in its fullness.. unencumbered with the boundaries, dimensions, criterias.. notions that distract the mind from the absolute instant of Now.. and, NOW is all that exists...

Be well..

Last edited by TzuJanLi : 16-01-2007 at 03:33 PM.
Old 16-01-2007, 06:04 PM
cweiters

I am grateful for all of you who have shared here. TzuJanLi NOW is a very broad statement especially as it relates to and omnipresent GOD.

I believe I am a co-creator, am I omnipresent?
Can I even apply the word omnivorous to myself at all?
Does God have any say so weather or not we are able to astral project ourselves into other time zones, demission etc?

I do believe in full enlightenment, I believe there are humans who are experiencing it right NOW.

I also believe there is an ultimate, supreme authority whom is not me or human.

I also believe the separation is there for the good, yet to know and understand spiritual truth such as equality, love, faith, etc......... will allow us to leap beyond these upper and lower vibrations, layers of reality, levels of consciousness, dimensions etc......that each of you have mentioned here imho.

Love to all
cw
Old 16-01-2007, 07:20 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Separations exist so that there can be interactive experiences.. so the Whole can experience itself..

But, clearly, i am in the minority, here... and, that's okay, too.. i cannot deny my experiences, and i am trying to find a way to have a "dimensional" experience for comparison...

I try to understand the "astral plane", but can only experience it as another aspect of "me", not a separate dimension.. that rather than traveling somewhere, it is more likely that we become aware of our existence in another place or time or both.. hence the "past-life" experiences, where when we access our spirit (non-local self) we also have access to the Cosmic mind, the place where ALL experiences are stored.. notice how easily we choose to be someone with at least some redeeming qualities in our past-life experiences.. no one claims to be the average run-of-the-mill thug, or an abused slave, or other such undesirable past manifestations, why? because at the Cosmic level we can choose from among ALL past beings and it's just not a desirable choice..

CW: There is NOW, and there is what just happened or what might happen.. only in the NOW are we truly in the process of creation.. otherwise it is inert memories or infinite possibilities..

Quote:
I also believe there is an ultimate, supreme authority whom is not me or human.
I sense the existence of a "Whole" that is greater than the sum of its parts.. but, the divine dichotomy implies that we are both the creator AND the created.. part and parcel.. awareness determining our places in the process.. Neither do i claim to be possessed of the collective knowledge resident in the Unified Consciousness, but i sense that i have access to it, and.. in rare moments of clarity that knowledge is evident, but.. as of yet i am not sufficiently disciplined to make good use of it.. it is simply overwhelming..

I do not intend to stir-up controversy, i merely hope to inspire someone to help me find a way to have experiences similar to those you describe.. i would like to compare the experiences, to temper my understandings accordingly..

Be well...
Old 16-01-2007, 08:33 PM
cweiters

The Now

TzuJanLi

The more I try to explain or describe the Alpha and Omega one, the A-Z one, the supreme I am of myself, the more I limit my own potential.

I totally agree with you, being the human body I am is NOW. However, just as God is omnipresent so I am also. My body is limited to NOW my soul in open to explore infinity.

I love all of you all of you are great teacher imho Glorymist, Chadley and yourself have thought me so much about how to develop.

IMHO, so often ego will blind us to the power of the Alpha and Omega, head and tail of all creation.

I want to say so much more but I will stop before I get myself in trouble with me.

Love to all
cw

Last edited by cweiters : 16-01-2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 16-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Guide

Hey Tzu, glad you don’t perceive my passion as rude or abrupt, it is not meant that way. And, thank you for taking the time to discuss this topic with me, as it is an important one, IMO.

Tzu, the truth is that we are all one, yes. However, the state of the human condition is a reflection of where we are not one. So, the question is how do we get from point A, where we are now, to point Z where we are completely one with god? It is not enough to know that there is a point Z, we must know how to get there. And this is the journey, the path. As you say above, these puzzle pieces are sign posts to the next. This is exactly what I am getting at. The dimensions I/we speak of are some of those pieces. My very point is that, illusion or not, you must acknowledge the world, chaos, war, hatred, fear, anger, your pain, discomfort or dis-ease as they have purpose. It is true, you do not have to choose these experiences, however, if you are experiencing them, it means that you have already chosen. The resolution lies within the path towards the source of separation/the original wound/the place where one is not aligned with the divine. And this path leads through the realities above the physical dimension. And, it is not enough just to pass though the seals/paradigms and experience/discover the higher planes. You must integrate and apply the essence of what exists up there down here. The purpose of incarnation is not to just experience, but to use the experience to learn and grow.

You say you do not have to choose to experience the dimensions as described but, as co-creator, you already have. Just as you experience earth and its properties with the same form as all of humanity, you have already chosen the structure of the planes above it, as well. It is true, with understanding and application of spiritual law you can choose to live a happy life versus a miserable one. We all have absolute control. But, its form is the same for all who are sharing the experience. Choice alters our reality in direct relation to the level of consciousness that we operate out of when we make the choice. You will, for example, have very little effect on conscious actions if they are the result of subconscious discord. You cannot just decide with your lower mind that you are going to choose to be one with god, you must make the choice at the corresponding level of consciousness where you are one with god. With this understanding, once again comes the realization that one must raise their consciousness to make the corresponding changes in choices which affect the patterns/choices/actions below it. During this process, you will discover that these layers of consciousness have structure just like the earth, and as you elevate/ascend in consciousness, you are likely to become aware of the form of each plane just as you have of the physical plane.

There is no need to fragment the truth. The essence of god is truth/love/wisdom. I do not speak of separation or fragmentation only individuation and variation of the whole. Only acknowledging the one and not its individual properties is in itself a fragmentation of the truth because it is not the whole truth. It is the perception of separation that is the culprit, not variation. To see multiplicity in form as separation is the perception that leads to lower consciousness. To see multiplicity as a part of the whole and connected to the whole leads to the universal consciousness of love/god that we all seek.

Tzu, as you say above, the dimensions are aspects of you. This is exactly true. As a healer, I work with the person on all of these levels as it pertains to the person. And as my own physician, I heal myself by working with myself on all the dimensional layers. As many masters have said, “the answer/the kingdom of heaven lies within”

Tzu, you are not alone in your viewpoint. It is because it is a common one that I am so quick to address it. I would presume frequent posters such as dreamer or bob23 would be in your corner the whole way. You are very fortunate to have had the experiences of oneness that you have described above. Those experiences can truly be life changing. If only we could remain in these states of bliss and serenity forever. And we can once we discover the source of untruth/separation/unalignment that is the very gravity that pulls us back down to earth.

Chadley.

Last edited by chadley : 16-01-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Closed Thread