Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 18-12-2006, 04:26 PM
cweiters

Dreamer must one search for spirituality? IMHO it will find us all at some point in time, unable to deny the true power of spirituality. I believe there is no escape from spirituality. However, because we have the power of choice our dreams / reality may or may not acknowledge the existence of a spiritual nature.

Do you believe it is possible for some people to be spiritually dead? I feel a person can refuse to see but IMO no one is completely spiritually dead.

Love to all
cw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer
Spirituality in my understanding is the search for the stuff that dreams are made of, in so searching one stumbles upon the fact that all is one and is able to enjoy all the fruits this brings. After all when you are asleep you are the dreamer and the dream and what could be a better more empowering explaination of oneness than that!

Last edited by cweiters : 18-12-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 18-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Phoenix

I guess my take on 'spirituality' is a little than most here. In my particular belief system, we ARE spirit - it is the essence of us, our core, the God part of us, and is eternal.

So then, spirituality is not something we do so much as something we are. It is the process of being spirit. Maybe semantics plays a large part in how we define our experiences as spiritual beings... :)

For example, developing a set of core values or "truths" to live by might be part of defining who we are as spirit being living in the physical world. A young spirit might spend a lifetime learning karmic lessons until such time that they really see the Truth of living their lives from a place of love, compassion, giving, forgiveness, non-violence, etc.

However, once we are removed from the restrictions of this physical existance, and have returned to the essence of Spirit from where we came, all of that becomes a non-issue. We have no other way to be other than pure Spirit and all that entails.

So, for me, spirituality is simply the organic process of living this physical lifetime in a way that most closely resembles the everlasting Truth of Who I Am.

Otherwise, 'spirituality' can feel very much like 'religion' to me...just a list of "Shoulds" and "Shouldn'ts" and other practices that amplify the illusion of seperation between myself and another person, or myself and All That Is.
Old 18-12-2006, 09:31 PM
dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cweiters
Dreamer must one search for spirituality? IMHO it will find us all at some point in time, unable to deny the true power of spirituality. I believe there is no escape from spirituality. However, because we have the power of choice our dreams / reality may or may not acknowledge the existence of a spiritual nature.

Do you believe it is possible for some people to be spiritually dead? I feel a person can refuse to see but IMO no one is completely spiritually dead.

Love to all
cw

Hey cw,

imo if a person is alive how could they be spiritually dead as it is the spirit that gives animation or life to the person. We are all this spirit, everything is made of this intelligent, non judgemental stuff that is striving to find a point of perfection and in the process experiences every possibility of itself, we are manifestations of it and we are it. imo.
Old 19-12-2006, 02:49 PM
cweiters

Animated life forms he.. he.. he.. who are connected in spirit by the Creator of all........

Thanks dreamer, I Love it!
cw
Old 19-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Roo

Yes, there are some...unfortunately. Those who refuse to see themselves as spiritual beings will not be ascending. However, the vast majority of souls will recognize their spirituality...which, IMO is closest to Phoenix's definition.

Searching is part of the finding...so in a sense we must search...but at the same time, we are attracting it, so it will find us too.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:04 PM
purplemint

spirituality/enlightment/truth

It is interesting how we allow ourselves to get caught up into details as opposed to looking at the big picture of ourselves. For me this journey is just that , about me. In my truth, my journey is about connecting each day with a little bit more of my heart, my truth. This journey for me is a self discovery and connecting with my heart and speaing my truth. If one is connected with their heart and speaking the truth from your heart, there is only compassion within everything you say, do and within your very being. Accepting and loving ourselves for the beings we are is the greatest gift, we give ourselves. Who would you be if you spoke your truth from the heart every moment? What truths would be yours? What possiblities would exist?
Old 04-01-2007, 01:11 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

For me this journey is just that , about me. In my truth, my journey is about connecting each day with a little bit more of my heart, my truth. This journey for me is a self discovery and connecting with my heart and speaing my truth.
This perspective is only valid IF the observer is very aware that "me" = ALL of "us" and ALL things.. if "me" is perceived as separate from its environment there is no journey, only a stagnant self-interested and self-consumed illusion..

Spirituality is the awareness that we are part of a greater whole.. how we project our understanding of that awareness is often seen as our "path" or journey.. i sense that the awareness is inherent to all beings and things, it is the understanding of the awareness that represents our outward appearance of spirituality.. as we better understand this remarkable relationship it is evidenced by the lives we live, not the rituals we use to gain better understandings..

Be well..
Old 04-01-2007, 04:12 PM
dreamer

It is a remarkable relationship TzuJanLi, who'd have thoughtit huh!!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:25 AM
purplemint

IMP. When one connects with their heart, one connects with the their Divinity which inturns connects to the "All". It is my belief that when one connects with heart, this connection strengthens the connection with the "ALL"/Universrse/Highself etc. This not a ritual, it is a matter of Being not Doing.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:19 AM
anonymomr

IMHO, Spirituality is the process through which we FIRST discover the divinity within US. Second, we discover that everything in this creation is divinity personified. Third, we discover that the divinity within and outside is One and the Same.

If thats of any help...purplemint
Closed Thread