Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2007, 01:25 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

I think we are beginning to get somewhere...
Quote:

As a result, your outer circumstances will mirror your inner vibrations by attraction. So, if your energy field contains a strong vibration of anger, for example, you will attract either angry people in your life or circumstances which seem to justify your anger.
There is a separation of semantics, but the concept is intact.. some people call this "attracting".. others, including myself, call this creating or manifesting.. Creating or manifesting assigns the responsibility squarely where it belongs.. Assigning a value like a "Law" tends to let the experiencer "off the hook", as if they are subject to this "Law".. The "Law" as described in the above quote, is simply an existent condition whereby we create our experience by the energy we project..
Quote:

Honestly, tzu, are you really going to pay attention to scientists for unraveling spiritual truth?
This is an example of the separation i am refering to.. I am not going to discount ANY experience based on a prejudicial label.. while i agree that "science" has largely screwed things up.. more recent developments involving scientists with metaphysical inclinations have shed some very beneficial light of the nature of existence, much of which confirms belief systems that pre-date "science" as a controlled discipline.. Wisdom is where you find it, and i have found that excluding sources based on the bias of preference can deprive the observer of some great wisdoms.. Wisdom is where you find it, the trick is to "look"..

Oops.. Must run,
Be Well..
Old 15-02-2007, 02:23 PM
amy green

Yes science is getting interesting in the metaphysical arena! Speaking of which - Chadley - you say non-duality can't be experienced with the mind ... what about a mystical experience? (Isn't it the mind that has this amazing experience that we're all one? It can't be our soul's experience can it?)
Old 15-02-2007, 10:19 PM
nwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
GoldChord - yes "attraction is attraction" but you haven't understood the spiritual law of attraction which does contradict opposites attract, i.e. that if others don't have our vibe (i.e. like-minded), they won't be attracted to us....get it? I feel this is a half-truth, hence this thread.

Dreamer - hi! I feel opposites attract not because it's comfortable (that's "safe", i.e. not exciting) but yes, because it's exciting and maybe we want to attain/bring out a quality in us that they have.

i disagree...

i'm in a relationship right now and we're very alike. also same thing with another eons ago.

and i've seen other long term relationships where they are very alike too.

relationships where they are opposites are cool too... but i think it's more for ones learning experience to grow and enhance... hence i think most of these in long term relationships are newer souls and also NOT soulmates.
Old 16-02-2007, 02:49 AM
GoldChord

Hi,

What a fascinating discussion. I have enjoyed reading this thread. However, I am now going to defend the scientists - not because I am one - but because we forget what they have contributed to spirit.

Firstly, the Big Grand-Daddy scientist of them all, Isaac Newton, was a deeply religious man. He did not believe his scientific discoveries contradicted his belief in God. Rather, he saw it as revealing the divine plan and the mathematics of universal creation - not to control it or 'peak behind the curtin' so to speak but to enhance our appreciation and connection with God.

Secondly, it is perhaps the application of science as an ideology that is the problem - that scientists and authorities who stand behind its method have constructed it as the end-point, the explanation of all, leaving little room for other interpretations for the real.

Thirdly, it is to scientists who are now beginning to explore and understand quantum physics that we can begin to unpack knowledge of energy and energy fields - which is the stuff of spirit.

Fourthly, if you want to know more about the intimate and unique relationships between science and spirit you might want to read Margaret Wertheim, The Pearly Gates of Cyberspace.

Finally, NWC - how's it going? I'm going to have to present an alternative rationale for you. I think I agree that 'opposites' (because they are not really opposite in my opinion) do meet to learn from each other - but I think this is facilitated because they are indeed 'soulmates' as you termed it, or deeply connected, and are able see complexity within each other which enables them to occupy the same space and time to enable that growing experience to play itself out.

Take care.
Old 16-02-2007, 01:45 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

Yes science is getting interesting in the metaphysical arena! Speaking of which - Chadley - you say non-duality can't be experienced with the mind ... what about a mystical experience? (Isn't it the mind that has this amazing experience that we're all one? It can't be our soul's experience can it?)
The "mind" is part and parcel of the Unified Whole, it doesn't "have" the experience, it IS the experience.. its function is to interpret the experience from a spiritual perspective to a material perspective.. the experience is common to body, mind and spirit, where the mind is the interface between body and spirit.. The spirit's perspective of experiences is wholly cosmic, with the understanding that it must counsel its physical aspect.. The body's perspective of experiences is wholly physical, with the understanding that it must share the tangible aspect with the intangible spirit.. and, both body and spirit understand they must unite to have a complete experience.. Here's the deal, it's like the ocean, One thing.. but, within the One thing (ocean) is a myriad of interactive systems.. while we can isolate many of the systems, i.e.: reefs, fishes, plants, animals, etc.. it is their mutually interdependent nature that makes the Ocean what it IS.. The Ocean is ONE thing behaving in many ways..

In a simplistic analogy, the Ocean's water represents the "sea of energy" which comprises the Universe.. the medium in which all things manifest.. all the things in the Ocean ARE the Ocean, when we drive along the Ocean it's easy to perceive it as its own thing, but.. once inside the ocean (snorkeling or diving), we see that it is many things.. Now, certainly, it is fun and appropriate to focus on particular goings on inside the Ocean, but.. when we lose sight of its inherent symbiotic unity (Oneness), we begin to see the parts as equal to or greater that the Whole.. from that perspective we begin to establish categories of desirability, which sets the stage for further fragmentation of our awareness, bias, and conflict.. fragmentation, bias, separation, conflict, etc... can be mitigated through conscious awareness of the symbiotic Unity of ALL things..

In the quote referenced at the beginning of this post, the observer focuses on particular parts of a symbiotic Whole process.. which, when re-assembled into a single experience, makes perfect sense.. where the mind, and the soul and the flesh, unite.. and the experience reveals its truth.. a truth which will remain veiled from any particular isolated perspective..

A "mystical" experience usually involves our becoming aware of more elements of Unity.. A "past life experience" is is where our awareness expands to include portions of the Unified Cosmic Consciousness, that Whole which contains Everything, every experience, every "past life".. we tap into that Cosmic Memory and become aware of that portion of ourselves that was once manifested as another person/being.. imagine two current manifestations (people) accessing the Cosmic memory of a single previous manifestation, at the same instant.. to meet and merge awarenesses in a single previous experience.. i've seen it happen, it was a profound experience to observe.. the two that merged, emerged from that experience with the Peace of Christ in their eyes.. their lives have forever changed.. they understand Unity.. and, since that experience they Live it..

Be well..
Old 17-02-2007, 01:35 AM
nwc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldChord

Finally, NWC - how's it going? I'm going to have to present an alternative rationale for you. I think I agree that 'opposites' (because they are not really opposite in my opinion) do meet to learn from each other - but I think this is facilitated because they are indeed 'soulmates' as you termed it, or deeply connected, and are able see complexity within each other which enables them to occupy the same space and time to enable that growing experience to play itself out.

i'm doing good..thanks... and yourself?

this happens yes... but i'm basing more on soul group ranges. sorry... i didn't explain myself well because i was in a hurry.

there are various levels/realms of soul mate groups that we connect with.

i see a lot of people get involved with others who aren't in the first 2 realms and they don't work out.
in my observance and experience... the healthies of ones are within the first 2... and for myself at least... i've found we all have a lot in common and much alike. i'm cool with this.
to each their own and opposites are good for me briefly.

and of course... one of the blessings in life is that we are always learning and attrack the right people and of any occurance be at every given moment. :)

i haven't read all the comments in this thread... just a few.. so it might of been mentioned already...

a couple nights ago i heard on the tv news about why is it that opposites attrack for some people in relationships.... they said because it has something to do with mixing genes ect and so that new talents ect run in the DNA.... mixing cultures so that it brings more newness to families when couples are breeding.

i don't know... gay, straight or bi-sexual... it happens in all groups.... also in just friendships.

i love a varitey of friends and differences. but sexualy... i prefer a lot in common and differences of course...
Old 17-02-2007, 02:25 PM
amy green

Tzu - thanks for the explanation; it makes sense. I kind of felt that the mind/we are part of the whole, hence can experience more than duality (e.g. mystical experiences). Chadly, I welcome your take on this too!

nwc - like you say, you haven't read the whole thread; if you did you would understand that there was no need to disagree with me. (I wasn't saying that either like attracting like exists to the exclusion of opposites attract, but was trying to understand why this law of attraction didn't mention that opposites don't attract). I've become clearer on this issue thanks to this thread.
Old 17-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Guide

Amy, I think that Tzu really did a great job answering your question. I agree with him completely in the way he describes the minds function in experience. Just remember that the ego wants separation and it is the minds inclination to want to believe that you are experiencing with it only. Thus, to really experience non-duality, one of the first steps is to let go of the mind, silence it so that you can experience and feel what lies above and behind it. Soul is the universal symphony of music that is always playing its music, but in order to hear it, we must learn to quiet mind, or the audience which is yelling and cheering so loudly for most, they can't hear the music.

When you ask, "It can't be our souls experience can it?", try not to think of it as soul's experience or mind's, but rather our experience of soul. Soul already exists within the unified non-dual state and does not need to take action or create experience. At soul level, we already are perfect and one with god. Therefore, the action should be taken to rise above the chaos of the lower mind, so that we may hear the universal whisper of god. Once we see this as a whole concept and understand the minds function, we don't need to disregard the mind all the time, but rather use mind as another tool of soul towards the overall goal of integrating the conditions of higher spirit into the lower experience and thus resolving the chaos of mental, emotional and physical chaos.

Chadley.
"Correcting oneself is correcting the whole world. The sun is simply bright. It does not correct anyone. Because it shines, the whole world is full of light. Transforming yourself is a means of giving light." ~~~~Ramana Maharshi
Old 18-02-2007, 12:09 AM
angelicious

Ah, Chadley, I've read your replies to this thread and they are fantastic!
I feel akin to you on this topic, you took the word right out of my mouth, cheers.
Old 20-02-2007, 10:34 AM
amy green

Tzu - I've had time to digest what you said (can't think clearly at the computer - electromagnetic radiation!). I believe it is our souls (not our minds) that are part of the unified whole, that we return to at death. However, maybe we're just debating terminology here since, I can see that there's a higher consciousness that our minds have access to (e.g. the 12 monkeys syndrome).

If our mind itself is the experience (and with don't have experiences with the mind, how come we can become self-aware of this process/experience/emotion, i.e. one distance removed from this?

Chadley - I understand what you're saying about the mind being able to experience non-duality. There's an established Buddhist doctrine - emotional detachment - (you may be familiar with), whereby you "watch" your emotions come and go. I tend to do this when I need to (e.g. at potentially stressful times). Is this an example of non-duality?

Last edited by amy green : 20-02-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Closed Thread