Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-12-2020, 02:31 AM
Experiencer
Cool Ego/Selfish Is GOOD!

Imagine that right now you had 2 choices:

A - Keep you ego identity with your memories, skills, development and experiences to have your own free will & being the captain of your soul comepletely.

Having your own adventures, desires, goals, experiences, lessons, worlds to explore. All by your own control.

As part of the deal, you will have to face pain & harships along the adventure.

B - To finally give up you ego, and "become one" with the source/god,at the cost of your free will.

Just serving god/source like a drone all it wants in a heavenly place, where you will never feel hurt ever again.

All safe. All good. All positive, but you won't have any free will ever again. You're completely flushed out, and you're a mere drone without any free will.

But yet... EVERYONE is pushing out this idea of "giving up your ego" , "giving up your ego" , "giving up your ego" all the freaking everywhere. I was caught on that belief system too, and I was 100% wrong with it!

So... Do you want to have ego at the cost of having to face pain with the reward of the free will?

or You want to be forever dead & flashed out of your ego, your free will, and just become a dead drone to the source/god?

---

This toxic idea of "giving up your ego" in order to "spiritually evolve", I thought about it, and I was completely wrong.

It sounds really good, but losing your free will is stupid.

By ego I mean free will & full control.

As an ego you want to have goals, desires and objectives that you truly wany, because they are new adventure & experiences you want to fulfill.

And not necesarily altruistic. Just pure selfish to yourself.

(I know that some people here when they see the word "selfish", their alarms goes like crazy as something that is pure wrong & evil to be selfish. But please try to following me here with my explanation, instead of jumping to quick conclusions. Thanks)

---

This fantasy of having an easy life, that is all good, with no dangers, with no risks, no challenges, no unknowns, no pain, no destruction, no fears, no downsides.

Those are fantastic atributes of making a great adventure, and instead of completely avoiding them we have to embrace them as something real & exciting. Those are parts of a great movie, and a great epic adventure!

--

If I want to have a new girlfriend, I am going to have to d eal with a lot of rejections, dissapointments and painful experiences, but it's OK to me. It's part of the adventure, and I accept them! But I don't believe on fantasies, that magically this "soul mate" is going to come just by thinking or imagining about them, and all of that **** from the secret & similar stuff like that.

"Just think, and it will magically happen" That's pure rubbish. In reality is all about taking the adventure, and accepting all of the pain/trainning/time involved with it. We can have what we desire, but it will have lot's of downsides - Deal with that man

Is the same of starting a new business. I will lose money, I will fail, I will spent a lot of time confused, I will get anger tings not working out, some business pertners will screw me over - but that's OK, because it's part of the adventure and the goal! So, I accept them & I embrace them.

Is the same on everything else you have as a goal - It will have their downside, but that's what it makes it a cool adventure to have anyways.

--

The trouble comes from the religions/gurus that are telling us to have no goals, no desires, be humble, be quiet and shut up, feel guilty & remorse by your sins, give up your ego, don't control, dont own materialistic stuff, give away your posessions

But it's a total lie.

I've done Out of body experiences, and went into higher dimensions and still had my ego there. It was like walking in a sea of light feeling really good because there was no forms there. Still with me ego I've done that.

Now, If I wanted to go even higher and give up my ego free will control, into the source/god, as religion or the gurus are telling me to do It would have been total GAME OVER to me. Just flushed out.

Then, I realize that Ego is Everyhing!

The purpose is to get adventures by your own free will, and pure selfish needs, desires and objectives! By completely accepting the pain/downsides involved with ith. You just have to become tougher and change your whole atittude towards it, and that's it!

If you have a wimpy, weak & sensible personality, you have to change that. Because with the pain/downside IS ALWAYS going to be there in everything you with you ego. In and out of the body

--

Ego & Being Selfish is GOOD.

and God/Source have to serve us, not the other way around.

LETS STOP THE GUILT!

--

Thank you for your time.

Cheers!
Old 05-12-2020, 09:31 AM
Master

Being Selfish

Self+ish ==> Orientation towards Self . This can be a very great stuff depending how one define/views self as .

You are ready to undergo the pains and associated tests for pursuing you goals. So I think that too is great and very much commendable.

Discretion is better part of valour .So is discretion better part of pursuit of freedom . With freedom comes responsibility . Absolute freedom is more a myth than reality . In sciences everything follows a rule .e.g.
1. Aircrafts land and takeoff only on runways designed for it .
2. Rails run only on track decided for it .
3. We drive cars only on one side of the highway.
Pursuit of freedom should not make us oblivious of discipline warranted by scientific attitude . Because sciences (ie experiences and inferences of wise well meaning people) is more a word of God .

I can understand your view of disciplined life as Drone. While I certainly have different views on the same , I think lot of what u said is right with price you are willing to pay . So I dont have anything more to add at this moment.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:17 AM
Not only a ''drone'', but a ''dead drone'', eh?

Get rid of guilt -now you're talkin'!!!!

Ego is a buzz word here...I don't think I will ever use it again here. Too controversial.
Way too many different takes on it to bother.
Just wait you'll see.

If that is your philosophy and it's workin for ya - great.
Maybe become a speaker on it and write a book even.
Go for it!

Everyone wants to be happy -however they do it is fine with me -(as long as hurting people doesn't make them happy. )
That's my 2 cents.

Too bad you weren't born at a diff time, cuz Ayn Rand made a killing on this idea!
Here, fun stuff - 1959- Interview with Mike Wallace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHl2PqwRcY0

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2020, 04:21 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Self+ish ==> Orientation towards Self . This can be a very great stuff depending how one define/views self as .

You are ready to undergo the pains and associated tests for pursuing you goals. So I think that too is great and very much commendable.

Discretion is better part of valour .So is discretion better part of pursuit of freedom . With freedom comes responsibility . Absolute freedom is more a myth than reality . In sciences everything follows a rule .e.g.
1. Aircrafts land and takeoff only on runways designed for it .
2. Rails run only on track decided for it .
3. We drive cars only on one side of the highway.
Pursuit of freedom should not make us oblivious of discipline warranted by scientific attitude . Because sciences (ie experiences and inferences of wise well meaning people) is more a word of God .

I can understand your view of disciplined life as Drone. While I certainly have different views on the same , I think lot of what u said is right with price you are willing to pay . So I dont have anything more to add at this moment.

Very helpful, thanks a lot.

I think that everyone has it's own definition of what "Freedom" means to them - And that's where confusion comes in, because we don't talk aboou the same thing.

What I mean to "Freedom" in my own mind, is the ability to take my own choices and being the "Master of my Fate & The Captain of My Soul" - I 100% control what I want in life, and I don't even want god/source to manipulate me.

God/Source have to serve me, and not the other way around. If god/source is "so" powerful, let it create their own drones... but I am not going to become one and lose my ego/free will!

That's why I mean by Freedom in my own mind. Dealing with the rules physics of our current reality, the numbers, the probabilities, the dangers, the consequences is all part of this videogame called life.

Nothing wrong with those, I accept them & embrace them like the exciting adventure it is!

But in top of those rules of this reality in planet earth, you make choices, decisions, direction, goals, desires, and objectives.

The trouble comes when you FEEL GUILTY in order to even think to persue some goal, because it's "sinful", "inmoral", "evil" and "wrong" BASED OFF this Religious/Society Belief System SET OF ARTIFICIAL VALUES, about how everything SHOULD BE in their own OPINIONS.

The moment you accept that EXTERNAL SET OF VALUES from that Religious/Society Belief System, and you FEEL GUILTY about having a selfish goal - You have become a victim, a dron, a slave of them losing all of your freedom.

I include here everything: budhism, islams, christians, new age, philosophers, india, etc etc etc

"Shut up. Be Humble. Don't be selfish. Rich is evil. Give up ego. Share to the poor. Do charity. Sex is a sin. Be happy all the time. Don't take risks. Meat is urder. Women are evil. Man are evil. Selling is evil. Don't own nothing. Desire is bad. Attachmen is suffering. Be good, or god will send you to hell"... and on, and on, and on

All of them cut down your FREEDOM, and your DESIRES by MAKING YOU FEELING GUILTY to go selfishly about what you truly want in your life to do, be or have.

I falled victim into that manipilation, so you keep watching the same guru over & over, getting more **** & **** into your mind - into a point where you give up all of your entire freedom to "serve god" - Otherwise you feel GUILTY by having this "low level selfish desires".

Man, we have to be highly onguard against all of that.

If I feel guilty about some type of goal I want to do, then I know I am still having some short of manipultion in my mind.

Even it could come from parents and family, not just religions or gurus.

Don't even let your parents cut off your freedom. If they trull love you, they will accept it and let you free. Otherwise you will live a sad life accepting the set of values of other people, rather than your own set of values.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:41 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Not only a ''drone'', but a ''dead drone'', eh?

Get rid of guilt -now you're talkin'!!!!

Ego is a buzz word here...I don't think I will ever use it again here. Too controversial.
Way too many different takes on it to bother.
Just wait you'll see.

If that is your philosophy and it's workin for ya - great.
Maybe become a speaker on it and write a book even.
Go for it!

Everyone wants to be happy -however they do it is fine with me -(as long as hurting people doesn't make them happy. )
That's my 2 cents.

Too bad you weren't born at a diff time, cuz Ayn Rand made a killing on this idea!
Here, fun stuff - 1959- Interview with Mike Wallace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHl2PqwRcY0

What about you Hepburn?

I'm sure that you too have started to listen to some religion/group/guru/author start to resonate with it... and then get swallowed up by all of their rules about what you "should" think, do and be.

They are really tricky, because you always want to become a good person, so you go into that path until finally you may consider yourself lose your entire free will for "god/source" like I was almost cotemplating to do.

That was an EPIC spiritual adventure for me, and I truly learned to be 100% free from guilt, and to love pain, ego, hardships, fears. Regardless of the hate from other people. Now I just don't care anymore getting insulted because of their own set of values about what I "should" be doing or thinking, based on their opinions.

Now I say that is god/source who has to serve us, to ALL of our selfish desires without any sense guilt/remorse - and not the other way around

If that god/source is that powerful, let that thing create their own mindless no-ego drones to do their will/service - But NO WAY I'm going to give up my ego and completely die in order to serve god/source. Screw that! A forever spiritual death for what? To always do the same thing?

No way that is going to happen, I prefer to have my ego/intelligence and make my own adventures regardless of the pain/hell, but I will have always adventures since I am spiritually inmortal.

If part of having a free will consciousness and ego, has the downside of having fears and negative emotional states - I don't care! I embrace them and completely accept the pain! But I make my own choices, based in my own selfish desires without any guilt.

If I said that 1000 years ago, I probably be burned by the church.

That's the cool thing about the internet and this time of history, we can share and no institution can't stop us.

Is the same thing when you do an Out of body experience.

If something weird happens, and you don't like that - You simple say "Next Level Now", and BYE BYE :).

I want to choose my own experiences all the time, if it's a ****** experience I will end it.

If I didn't ask to have that, I am not going to just accept it.

If it's a good surprise, then I will accept it.

The free will to choose what you desire without feeling guilty
Old 05-12-2020, 05:17 PM
JustASimpleGuy

I suppose it comes down to the age-old question of "Who am I?" or more aptly "What am I?". If one is tightly identified with physicality then yes, the ego-self is primary and any thought other than that is disturbing to say the least.

In the end no one can be steered onto the path of letting go of the ego-self as primary unless one has already made the decision of their own accord and for their own reasons. Otherwise the ego-self will resist and with tooth and nail.

Perhaps all the worldly desires have to be played out to a sufficient extent until the flame is but a mere flicker and a window of opportunity presents itself to move beyond mind-body and the ego-self? In other words the horse has to want to drink the water its led to otherwise the attempt is futile and perhaps even harmful.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:21 PM
Master

Quote:
To finally give up you ego, and "become one" with the source/god,at the cost of your free will.
Is this what submission costs?

And what of the suffering selfishness brings to others. It is of no concern? It is amazing how we justify especially when we don't want to unattached though it is good to live both lives to choose. Should it be, selfless? It is easy to be selfish, difficult to be selfless, so we pick the easy? Selfish is the most primitive desire we have. Simply remember about freewill, freewill is not needed to live. It is not it is given up it is, is it being tapped.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:29 PM
Master
Life means nothing without growth and flaws, without the adventure and exploration. To want to shed all of it away would mean death and complete nihilism. I find there to be a great irony in those traditions that wish to end all pleasure - where they are policing themselves on not having sex, no good food, no hobbies, etc. - and yet constantly seek to induce the same pleasure, one specific ''state'', over and over again through x/y/z. The goal of eternally in one ''state'' with nothing else to do, and not having a reference point or being able to relate to others, person to person..

I hope there is an eternal adventure, no cessation of amazement and wonder in this grand Universe. I know others will 100% disagree with me and perhaps that is just how things are meant to be.
Old 05-12-2020, 05:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I suppose it comes down to the age-old question of "Who am I?" or more aptly "What am I?". If one is tightly identified with physicality then yes, the ego-self is primary and any thought other than that is disturbing to say the least.
Who I am is the path of reincarnation and may not be what is expected. I once had the experience of seeing who I was in a different experience that involved a life and death experience. Who I am is in tune with experience and we all believe the I is the same or known in any experience. I always like to use the story of the tests Jesus went through or observed which we go through with each incarnation. Many people believe the story focuses on the persona of Jesus but the story is also about our own observation offered to us. Are we learning who I am?
Old 05-12-2020, 05:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Life means nothing without growth and flaws, without the adventure and exploration. To want to shed all of it away would mean death and complete nihilism. I find there to be a great irony in those traditions that wish to end all pleasure - where they are policing themselves on not having sex, no good food, no hobbies, etc. - and yet constantly seek to induce the same pleasure, one specific ''state'', over and over again through x/y/z.
Absolutely. But it is imo a mistake to think one cannot have these things being selfless. This is a very relevant thought and a reason we give not being selfless. Am I wrong in this thought one can have what we think we must give up in (the) being in selflessness. It has always been taught to become spiritual one must lose, sacrifice, and give up, why we don't want to be spiritual. I love this post.