Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 19-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
The observer is the observed, the thinker is the thought...

I understand, thank you MikeS80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Another big thing about the false self is that the false self is scared to death about being alone...

This is a very interesting point, I will apply it to differentiate the thoughts coming from oneness from the thoughts coming from the false self. Thanks!
Old 19-08-2021, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
When we press on the button Quote:
Do we have to edit the quote of the other member if its more than 3 sentences?
Yes. Exactamundo! Just like I did with yours just now for example.
And you can refer to the post if it is way back on another page: Excerpt from post 45.
Hey, it's new to me, too.
But it comes from the top...has to do with space issues.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-08-2021, 12:49 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Yes. Exactamundo!
But it comes from the top...has to do with space issues.

Ok comprundo now!

Should it not be posted as a rule then in the FAQ sheet? Instead of remembering each time with a post in the treads this rule?

And what if more than 3 quoted sentences are relevant to the answer we want to give?

Regards
Old 19-08-2021, 01:01 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The whole idea that we have a number of 'selfs' is not good, neither Spiritually nor psychologically. ..

Thank you very much for all the details Greenslade I can understand that distinctions like true/false, positive/negative can be irrelevant.
I am not sure I got the big picture. From this stand point, is the self realization process a psychological process? Does it mean that everything we experience is the result of programming? Is there an ultimate reality? Thanks
Old 19-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
And what if more than 3 quoted sentences are relevant to the answer we want to give?
Beats me.
You could say, " As to your statement re Nebula285, I think you're incorrect...".
I dunno.
This is where you have to put your Thinking Cap on.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-08-2021, 02:05 PM
Deactivated Account
To quote A.A.Milne, creator of Winnie the Pooh, "A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."

Old 19-08-2021, 02:37 PM
JustASimpleGuy

If you right-click on the post # in the upper right corner you have the option to "Copy link address" to your clipboard and you can then paste it like so:
From https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...5&postcount=32
Then add a quote from that post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
And you can refer to the post if it is way back on another page: Excerpt from post 45.
The post can be referred back to if more context is needed.
Old 19-08-2021, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary isaak
I understand, thank you MikeS80
You are welcome.
Old 19-08-2021, 08:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary isaak
...So, does it mean that one can reach self realization without external change (same job, places, friends)?

Of course. The Self is always present, here and now, wherever we are, whatever we are doing. We do not have to go to a monastery or a cave to find the Self, although the advantage of such places is that most external distractions are removed.

There is a group of teachers such as Rupert Spira and Adyashanti who are generally categorised as Neo-Advaitists. There are legitimate criticisms of the approaches and teachings of these Neo-Advaitists, but the positive aspect of Neo-Advaitism is the emphasis that Self-realisation is possible for "ordinary" people leading "ordinary" lives, here and now.

Peace
Old 19-08-2021, 10:43 PM
Legrand

Originally Posted by mary isaak:
...So, does it mean that one can reach self realization without external change (same job, places, friends)?

Just saw this one, thanks IAmThat for highlighting this question from Mary Isaak.

Mary,

I would say things may change, depends of your relation you had before.

You seem to have liked my metaphor about the sun classes. So here is another one.

When I was born, I almost never cried. When my parents received friends at their home and their friends would take me in their arms and I would cry, my parents started asking themselves why I would cry in their arms. After a deep inquiry, they soon found out that they were not real friends but were only there because of their notoriety and for their money. So they stopped inviting them.

Little things like that may change for you if you chose to stay on the path of acting in this world once you have merged with your Self.

Antoine