Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 AM
Sangress

Attraction, love and lust

Where is the line between attraction, lust and love drawn?

Pretty simple question, but I would imagine it will encourage some pretty complex answers.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Master
I won't give details as to the hows or whys, but I now have a pretty good inkling of the difference. Only interested in that last one.
Out of left field came a lucky day
Out of the blue
No more pain
Old 12-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Nada

Attraction = Connection
Lust = Physical chemistry
Love = Depends on relationship but it is an emotional/spiritual/physical event/situation that may or maynot involve the attraction or lust.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:38 PM
sesheta

Attraction, Lust and Love

Lust - Can be just Stage #1 - something you feel physically for someone, due to looks, etc...but there aren't necessarily any real emotions behind it...sometimes it's for someone you don't even know!

Attraction - Stage #2 - You feel attraction for someone due to both looks, but also similar interests, etc.....where both parties are exploring, testing the waters, deciding if it will progress to anything more...

Love - To me, if you're talking about romantic love - encompasses both of the above, as well as a whole universe of other feelings - tenderness/protectiveness, empathy, the desire to make that person happy, or just to make them smile, as often as you possibly can! Wanting the best for them; believing in them and trusting them with your entire heart & soul.....I could go on & on & on.......
Old 12-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Master
attraction: you are attracted to the person's qaulitys and personality not just the physical appearence.

lust: i gusse you only physically want the person based on outer appearene

love :
i think it takes time for love to grow for that person. were you know in your heart that those are true feelings you have for that person.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:01 PM
Henri77

Based on personal experiences, the lines are frequently like lines in the sand.
Waves of emotion, blur them and also shift-merge their position.

Lust seems to be a physical-chemical response, and often isn't even registered consciously or sought. It's very much like being possessed, as it comes and leaves with little warning.

Attraction can occur for many reasons. And we often don't quite understand why we're attracted to someone.

Love is a mystery, like a perfumed exotic breeze that washes through us, or fills us, from an unknown source.