Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 18-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Experiencer
Direct voice mediumship.....

A little info....

This is a form of trance mediumship. It depends upon the production of ectoplasm. The medium enters a trance state in order that communicators may speak through her using a vocal apparatus specially constructed for the purpose from ectoplasm. The "voice box" - being an actual replica of a larynx, presumably with lungs, lips and tongue attached gradually builds up near the medium and is operated first by the medium’s guide and then by the communicators the guide brings.

One of the most famous direct voice mediums was Leslie Flint. Tape recordings made in the 1970s provide hours of the most fascinating and varied communications from the famous and eloquent and also the simple and humble. Many of these communicators were recognised and accepted as genuine by those who knew them in life, and long and regular conversations took place between the two worlds.
Old 18-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Master
Yeah you see I find eople who are direct voice mediums to be very very very brave. I would find it very scary to have someone direct my voicebox. I will have to look up Leslie Flint...thanks for the info.
Spiritlite.
Old 18-11-2010, 06:39 PM
Serenity Bear

Its actually designated as physical mediumship as do all that take the forming of ectoplasm.
Old 18-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Yeah you see I find eople who are direct voice mediums to be very very very brave. I would find it very scary to have someone direct my voicebox. I will have to look up Leslie Flint...thanks for the info.
Spiritlite.

I am sure there are some links on here somewhere on Leslie Flint (recordings) unless they were lost during the SF crash not so long ago. I'll have a look and re-post :)
Old 18-11-2010, 07:02 PM
Experiencer
Ahhh here you go Spiritlite :)

http://www.leslieflint.com/recordingsnew.html
Old 18-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Master
Tricia thankyou so much am looking it up now.
Spiritlit.e
Old 18-11-2010, 07:07 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Tricia thankyou so much am looking it up now.
Spiritlit.e

You are most welcome
Old 19-11-2010, 09:27 PM
deepsea

I don't know much about Direct Voice at all.
I didn't realise tha ectoplasm was used for this purpose.
I understood that spirit used the vocal chords directly.
Deepsea
Old 19-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Experiencer
I was speaking to my mother today about Leslie Flint, she sat with him a number of years ago, I can only go by her experience mind you.
Apparently he linked with her mother, however when he began speaking, as in direct voice, the voice that came through was very refined, quite la de da, if you know what I mean.
My mother knew it wasn't her, as her mother had a very broad Irish accent.
I think to be honest, even the best of people can not always be 100%
Old 19-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Enya

Spirit do build an ectoplasmic voice box. The medium will generally feel a buildup of energy in their larynx area and the box is built up in the etheric and other layers (as far as I understand).
On a different level, many psychics and mediums often have to clear their throat and cough before a sitting... this is a sure-fire sign of spirit building energy in that area and also of the medium clearing stale energy, imho.