Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-05-2022, 11:55 AM
Viswa

Invitation to question my view

Nice to meet you all again. This is my view about Brahman.

Brahman, is capable of disorder,thoughts,nature,pleasure-sufferings,subject-object,knowledge,ignorance, Duality. If Brahman, in absolute sense, has not the capability of these, these might not have been experienced in relative sense.

Greenslade may question that, saying Absolute and Relative is itself Duality which Viswa might have to look into. But, it's not so.

Duality means, Experience. Experience can happen only in Duality. In absolute sense (Non-duality), no experience happens, as Nature/Prakriti (5 sheaths from Annamaya to Anandamaya, 3 gunas) is in Unmanifested state. Unmanifested means, Nature is present but it is subtle and not experienced.

I go with Vedanta, and not Advaita Vedanta, as Advaita gives reason for Relativity as "Ignorance". When questions raised how come the Ignorance/Tamasic Guna dominate if Absolute is Absolute Always (Ignorance cannot happen if Brahman is Totally Consicous/Aware in Absolute sense) - it has not proper answer for that. Thought Ignorance is the cause, it is the second cause after the Causal Body, only after Atman sheds it's light upon Nature/3 gunas, Tamasic Dominates and Ignorance happens, but what is the cause for Atman shedding it's light upon Nature if Atman in itself is Pure Consciousness/Knowledgeable/Awareness, Advaita has no Answer - as they assume Atman/Brahman as Consciousness/Pure Knowledge/Awareness. The Causal Body is Sat-Chit-Ananda (Saguna Brahman, only Advaitins call Brahman in Absolute sense as Sat-Chit-Ananda, but not me, I call it only in Relative sense), which is the cause for Ignorance. Sat-Chit-Ananda is the cause for Ignorance, but how come Sat-Chit-Ananda arise in limitations to Time (in relative sense)?

So, how come there happens this relative sense (Manifested Nature), i.e. Experience happens? Why the Absolute (Experience-less) is prone to relativity? How Nirguna Brahman, comes to bound to Time/relativity even before "Ignorance- a domination of Tamasic Guna"?

No answer. No one can grasp the reason behind for the CAUSAL body (how/why absolute changed into relative and there is a desire for experience), as Intelligence and thought and Bliss and Consciousness and everything happens to come only after the time came/start to be. Religions and many schools says different answers for the 'how and why' questions according to their own view/knowledge/experience, but in truth, no accurate answer. And so, it is called Maya (A Power which cannot be really understood but only can remain unattached with the need of that power and reach that Absolute - Non-Experience State). When first Relative happens, there happens to be Atman seated in this Pond/Heart and start to feel conscious of everything, and so Bible and many starts with "In the Beginning", no one cannot know what happened before the Beginning for the Beginning of Time come into Existence. And so I feel, Buddha never tried to go back to the past to find 'how/why', but only on the now, to cut off all desires.

Every Knowledge known and Experience felt are bound to Duality, whatever form-less and form-full it might be, whatever ignorant and knowledgeable it might be, whatever delusion or Enlightenment experience it might be, all the experience and Knowledge happens only within this Pond/Consciousness.

Can we call Brahman in Absolute sense as Consciousness?
Nope. Consciousness, is not a Noun but a place/Ground. Consciousness is not a living entity. Only Water/Atman is THE ONLY living entity and not the Pond/Waves. The Living entity - Atman, seated in the cave/heart/Consciousness, and witness all the actions of waves and never acts.

Pond and Waves, are not living entity. A Pond (Consciousness), is a place for 5 sheaths to Manifest and Experience, a place for the waves to play. Consciousness is also bound to Time. A slight difference here is, Waves can arise only in a Pond (Consciousness) but not the Ocean (Absolute or Infinite or Brahman).

All the actions of waves (made up of five elements and sense organs and locomotary organs and mind and Intellect) are bound to 3 gunas. Even the action of an Enlightened/Liberated (including GOD - Brahma/Vishnu/Rudra or Sakthi or Jesus or etc.,), is bound to the 3 gunas where one dominates in every action, and for enlightened beings - the Sattvic Guna dominates to set a role model for the Rajasic and Tamasic People and never have a desire for Sattvic Actions too. Even Plants have life, and killing plants or plucking fruits is injuring living being, so Sattvic people also have to injure for eating/living. Many organisms are killed by waking/breathing, so unconsciously killing happens in Sattvic domination too. Every action, there is a killing/injuring (consciously or unconsciously), but being a Sattvic is less injuring compared to other gunas. Only when one is actionless, then no domination of 3 gunas happens, but in every movement/actions - these 3 dominate one upon another.

Can Brahman can be known in Absolute sense? Nope. Only in Relative sense, as Formless Sat-chit-Ananda, as Nothingness, can it be known, but not in Absolute sense, as it is Infinite. Infinity cannot be actually experience, and only parts/finites of Infinity can be experienced. Brahman (in absolute - infinite sense - beyond time) remains unknown, Always.....

So, is all the above view necessary for Enlightenment? Absolutely not. Is there a need to understand "Who am I?" for Enlightenment/etc., more than intellectual? Absolutely not.

When one desires for these experience/knowledge of 5 sheaths, it will go on. When one sees the limitations and conditions of these, and step aside from desire for anything, in time one reaches the Enlightenment (where no Karma/attachment adds up to any actions), and when time comes to an end, one reaches the absolute.

It's all unto one. One is always free to decide what they really need/want in life/after death. But, in all the experience of 5 sheaths, including Bliss, has it's own limitations to time (either psychological or physical). Even though Bliss is bound to Time, it can be used as a Boat in this stream, as it will end only when time ends, and until that it happens to remain unlike Intellect/Mind/Physical objects. Bliss, is the real/true happiness in this relativity, and not the pleasure from Knowledge or thoughts or sensual objects.

So, Bliss is the highest experience one can get in relativity/duality, and it is available for everyone, including Putin/Hitler/Satan. No Bars for anyone, like everyone goes to sleep, irrespective of the actions they do in waking and dreaming states.

It's all Attachment and Desire. One has to decide what they really upto, either to experience 5 sheaths or nothing they really want. If one desires for any experience in any of this 5 sheaths, Bliss included, one is sure bound to duality. If one desires for nothing, and ready to face whatever happens (say a thief comes and stoles everything he has, or a psychotic/inhumane person kills his parents/wife/son/friends/people/animals/etc.,), then that is true renunciation but not the physical renounce. One has to ask themselves whether they are ready to be alone (in a desert or city or etc.,) all life long, ready to be in a crowd full of Humane and Inhumane people, ready to be in a Satanic place, ready to face death - if someone kills or an animal attacks or nature destroys, ready to leave everything one accumulated/nearby and ready to face whatever happens in life? If not, what I'm feared of, because everything is Brahman.

Without these attachments/desires to 5 sheaths subsides, no enlightenment occurs, whatever methods/songs/meditation/action-less been or however sufferings felt. Senses/thoughts tries magically to impress the Intellect. But, the Intellect has to be very sharp of all the limitations of them and itself, and the view of that sharp intellect, is the view of the Fearless lion - which the Elephants obey and subsides. Then, Bliss is Felt, arising from the right heart and spreading all over the body and beyond in this tremendous silence of Mind, the heart is where the Atman rests and remains action-less and be the witness of all the actions of Intellect-Mind-Body.

Note - I might have posted this in "My Space", but I welcome questions to many non-dual persons here, so that I might learn a different view. The all above is my own view, but I'm open to learn too if the questions are reasonable, and I also give a warning that, I might question the other person's own views too, and so please, one who wants to be safe in their views/knowledge, please give a note that "Don't question it", so that I might read your views and inquire for myself and never reply with any question about your views.
All Others, let's inquire like philosophers say, let's debate like Buddhists did, let's argue like Shankara did. Let's DANCE.
Old 28-05-2022, 05:50 PM
Master

improve our joint view

Keeping in mind that the forum is to improve our common world views and not engage in ego bashing , I try to keep it simple and short .

The views of Advaita / spirituality are to a greater extent diametrically opposite for many quoted points . Many unquoted points I do agree .

Advaita has been variously expounded by Shankaracharya (Kevaladvait --> Only non-duality ) , Vallabhacharya (Shuddhadvait --> Pure non duality) and Ramanujacharya (Vishistadvait --> Unique non-duality ) . And non-duality is the same as one-ness other traditions talk about .Like you there are many in the world who do not know one-ness /non-duality. But that simply does not make it unreal.

Non-duality blissful experience comes in sleep (as a domination of tamasic prakriti) and also in turiya state of meditation . Vedanta believes in Nirguna-Nirakar-Saguna-Sakar Brahman . Accordingly Sat-Chit-anand can be attribute of Saguna-Sakar Brahman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa

Duality means, Experience. Experience can happen only in Duality.

I go with Vedanta, and not Advaita Vedanta,

The Causal Body is Sat-Chit-Ananda (Saguna Brahman, only Advaitins call Brahman in Absolute sense as Sat-Chit-Ananda, but not me,
Quote:
No answer.
Answer is Maya .
Quote:
Waves can arise only in a Pond (Consciousness) but not the Ocean (Absolute or Infinite or Brahman).

Only when one is actionless, then no domination of 3 gunas happens, but in every movement/actions - these 3 dominate one upon another.
Tamas dominates in passivity.

Quote:
It's all Attachment and Desire.If one desires for nothing, and ready to face whatever happens (say a thief comes and stoles everything he has, or a psychotic/inhumane person kills his parents/wife/son/friends/people/animals/etc.,), then that is true renunciation

Then, Bliss is Felt, arising from the right heart and spreading all over the body and beyond in this tremendous silence of Mind, the heart is where the Atman rests and remains action-less and be the witness of all the actions of Intellect-Mind-Body.
Desire not to desire also is a desire. Yes renunciation is virtue practiced by greats like Buddha, Jesus , socrates ,Mahavir etc . Still its not the everything/only thing required for spiritual progress . There can be many more attributes to it .
Old 28-05-2022, 06:40 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Keeping in mind that the forum is to improve our common world views and not engage in ego bashing , I try to keep it simple and short .

Desire not to desire also is a desire.

Thank you for expressing your view sir.

I have a different view about many things you said. But, it's okay. Nowadays, I started to welcome every views, so thank you for spending time and replying about it. Yeah, I don't know clearly about Non-duality. I just shared what Upanishads and BG said, which is the base for every schools. If schools and their views are important and not Upanishads, then it's welcome too.

Just a Note, I'm not saying "desire not to desire" but seeing "Desires as Loop or Poison or Magic - a Beautiful Witch with an apple - and distracts one from something DEEP and so BEWARE".

Other than the above, all knowledge I spoke and shared about Vedanta and Maya and etc., is all not important for me now.

For many days, I couldn't understand what Greenslade meant about Non-Duality, so just to clarify it I asked that in another thread. That too, if it is not good to be shared - it's fine again.

All Views (including Vedanta and Upanishads and BG - upon Bliss and Sat-Chit-Ananda and Nirguna and Saguna and nothingness and self and Atman and Sankhya and etc.), all gone unimportant for me now, and I started to welcome all views, if those views are really crucial.

Sorry for sharing those views, which I truly don't know. But, only by all the members questions here (and in Krishnamurti forums), I came to see these.

Please ignore this thread. Or the Admin or Miss Hepburn may delete this thread.

I feel Blessed to met you all in my life.

Take care All.

Do - what one really want to do. Have many Excitements in that doing.

Namaste.

Old 29-05-2022, 06:24 AM
Master

feedback

Quote:
I have a different view about many things you said.
That's perfectly ok and u are entitled to your own views and even air your differences publicly on the forum .
Quote:
Yeah, I don't know clearly about Non-duality. I just shared what Upanishads and BG said, which is the base for every schools. If schools and their views are important and not Upanishads, then it's welcome too.
What Advaita schools says is consistent with BG and Upnishads . You read Sthitpragna darshan in chapter 2 of BG
एषा ब्राह्मी स्थिति: पार्थ नैनां प्राप्य विमुह्यति |
स्थित्वास्यामन्तकालेऽपि ब्रह्मनिर्वाणमृच्छति || 72|
That precisely depicts non-duality status without using the word non-duality.

You read Ishavasyopanishad .
ॐ पूर्णमदः पूर्णमिदं पूर्णात् पूर्णमुदच्यते।
पूर्णस्य पूर्णमादाय पूर्णमेवावशिष्यते॥
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः॥
ॐ ई॒शा वा॒स्य॑मि॒द सर्वं॒ यत्किं च॒ जग॑त्यां॒ जग॑त् ।
तेन॑ त्य॒क्तेन॑ भुञ्जीथा॒ मा गृ॑धः॒ कस्य॑ स्वि॒द्धन॑म् ॥१॥

This too depicts non-duality process without using the word non-duality .
Quote:
Just a Note, I'm not saying "desire not to desire" but seeing "Desires as Loop or Poison or Magic - a Beautiful Witch with an apple - and distracts one from something DEEP and so BEWARE".
Agreed . This is the perspective of almost all religions . Regulate desires/ improve the quality of desires is the normal guideline almost everywhere.
Quote:
Do - what one really want to do. Have many Excitements in that doing.
Hope you are able to do what u want and u are having great excitements . Keep it up.
Old 29-05-2022, 11:20 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Hope you are able to do what u want and u are having great excitements . Keep it up.

I couldn't find what I want or what to do, in this life/future. Lack of Passion. Poor and Ignorant I am. Full of Tamasic.

Happy that you found what u want. See you.

Namaste.

Old 29-05-2022, 12:41 PM
Master

very young

Quote:
I couldn't find what I want or what to do, in this life/future.
You are very young. Take time to decide what you do but then dedicate yourself to do that with dedication, passion and excellence. And that alone can take you somewhere.

Way to God is not denying /abandoning life but is through life understanding/ appreciating /respecting /following its rules .

Though others may have ample creative freedom in all others do but that's not absolute . Others are also bound by rules and answerable to others .Grass is always greener on the other side .
Old 04-03-2023, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Keeping in mind that the forum is to improve our common world views and not engage in ego bashing...
Well said!!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-03-2023, 04:31 PM
Master

forum spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Well said!!!
Yes Miss H that's certainly true . Discussion , exchange & arguments with goodwill & without prejudice/malice/ego/jealousy is the soul of this forum and we can not/should not undermine it any cost

Thanks for re-iterating.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:06 PM
O K Viswanath

Do Peeps/members here around, feel/felt that my posts/presence here an Impediment on their life/path?

Please let me know.
Old 02-03-2023, 02:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by O K Viswanath
Do Peeps/members here around, feel/felt that my posts/presence here an Impediment on their life/path?
I don't see why anyone on this forum should be an impediment to anyone else.

We may not agree with everything written by others, but we are always free to respond.

And we are equally free to ignore a post and move on to the next one.

And if we find that the posts of certain members cause a negative reaction within ourselves then that provides an opportunity for self-reflection.

But I don't think that any of us are so powerful that we present an impediment to anyone else.

Peace