Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 20-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 Souls

I get most of my visions through my dreams. It started in grade 10(2004), many suicide/ deaths in my community that year. One suicide was this girl I went to another school with. I moved so I switched schools. Later on, I saw her at my new school. She was bullied at our old school so she switched too. I didnt know her well but she was very friendly. My birthday usually falls on victoria day (BC Canada ). The Friday before that weekend I was leaving school and she was waiting for her friend. She told me happy b-day and gave me a big hug. While hugging her I felt that there was something wrong. I asked her if she was ok and she smiled. I didn't wanna push so I just left it at that. Sat or sun night, she appeared in my dream. The next week, I didn't see her or her best friend. Words got around, she passed away by suicide. I wish I could have done something, like stay with her that Friday and talked. I am now in the social service field, focusing on abused women with mental health, substance abuse, & spiritual wellness. Part of the reason I'm doing this career is because of her. I want to be able to help people who are dealing with mental health issues.
Fast forward to early this week. I passed out at 9pm one night which is unlikely for me. I had to attend a non violent crisis intervention training the next morning. A client who I haven't seen in two years, appeared in my dream that night. At the training, one of my instructors got a phone call from her co workers at her building. The client that appeared in my dream, passed away that day or that's when they found her body.
I am looking for some advice on how to deal with these encounters. I'm emotionally drained. At the training, I had to take the test to get my certification and all I could think of was her. And can't believe she showed up in my dream the night before. I know she's not suffering now and is in a better place.
Old 20-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Master
to be aware is generally a good thing. to be visited, on friendly terms,
even if only through dreams, by souls who you care for is a good thing.
the "emotionally drained" experience appears to be solely based on
your reaction(s), and not something done to you. it's good to get yourself
"grounded" when challenging events occur, but it seems to me that you
have the wherewithal to not allow yourself to become "drained".
i imagine that any "visitations" by those individuals would be generally
empowering and appreciative of your efforts and intentions to assist
them, and other people in similar circumstances. so, if you're
perceiving these dreams as disempowering, or accusatory, you're
probably mistaken [perhaps due to being too hard on yourself?].
Old 20-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Deactivated Account
Thank you. I'm just finally realizing that they are friendly. And I'm glad they came to visit me. I just need to be more open about it now and learn how to not let it drain me.
Old 21-11-2016, 06:01 AM
Master
i have a hunch that you already have a knowledge of how to not be drained
from this. if it's a skill or somesuch, maybe you've acquired it in an
alternate lifetime (and can integrate it now); or maybe your higher self
has that piece of peace available for you to "download".
just a hunch.
Old 21-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Thank you. I guess this is the new shift after the Supermoon for me.��
Old 21-11-2016, 03:24 PM
Guide

Wow. I have had very similar experiences. Mine started when I was very young, perhaps around 4 years of age. I had reoccurring dreams of a man, it was more like I was seeing through his eyes, his daily work routine, and his death. I was a little kid, so I didn't understand it. It took 30 years before I found out it was my great grandfather who passed in the 50s.

The next was a boy at my school who was killed in an ATV accident. He weren't close, in fact...I didn't care for him much. He was older and loud. I got a call from him the night he died. I was 12 years old, I could feel something was going to happen....the usual anxiety out of nowhere, that I have come to know when something like this is about to happen.

The next, was a friend of my inlaws. I woke up to him sitting at the end of my bed talking to me. He was older, a farmer, who had passed three days earlier of cancer. I didn't findd out until later that day that he had died. I didn't even know he had cancer, I was only 22 years old and he was in his 60s, so we weren't particularly close. He was a nice guy who did odd jobs for the young families for free around town, as a favor to our grandparents. He was always nice to me though.

The next has been ongoing since I was a kid. A young relative of mine who died in Vietnam, long before I was born. I had never heard of him, as nobody ever spoke of him and I lived away from that side of my family. I wrote about him on here. I found about him through dreams and messages he was sending me. Even when I asked my mother about a person, young male who died in 1968, she didn't remember.

My great grandfather visited me the night he died, again, somebody I had grown away from and wasn't close to as an adult. I knew he had died before I heard about it the next day. It started with a dream and quickly became a waking nightmare. That story is on here, as well.

Another visit was by a deceased child who I wasn't close to, but who showed me something very spiritual in a vision. It wasn't a dream, because I wasn't asleep. I have posted that story online, I think I did on this site, too....years ago.

Honestly, if the experience isn't loud and scarey, I am usually baffled and confused at first and don't pay attention, until its repeated over and over. Some of the experiences have truly scared the living day lights out of me. I'm not going to lie and say that I feel okay with it, because unless it happens directly to you....it's very hard to deal with. Especially since nobody will believe you, family and friends, and you have nobody to really confide in or talk to. I think personally, I look back on it and try to see the spiritual meaning in it....and that helps me deal with what has happened. I must be more open to it.

Nobody can really tell you how to deal with it, because when it happens....it's always a shake up, a truly mysterious and uncomprehending experience at first. It's always shocking, no matter how many times it happens. Especially after you think about it....I think, how why, who, where did this come from....most of the answers come later. Sometimes years later. I know how you feel, I feel blessed at the same time. They came to me for a reason. I'm open, I help people a lot, I give myself to people who need help and I don't ask for anything in return. At the same time, I can't just go out and share these experiences openly for help or advice.. I've learned that's a big no-no. Unfortunately.
Old 21-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator
It sounds like you are very empathetic but you can't control how or when people will die. This is going to be important for you to remember considering the field you are going into. You are not responsible for either of the deaths regardless if you had an opportunity to intervene or not. I suspect the dreams are trying to tell you that even though someone may die tragically they still live on so not to worry. This life really isn't meant to be easy, sometimes it's traumatizing but the truth is, those that have experienced trauma have not experienced it because they lack something or are undeserving in some way. It's actually quite the opposite. They are the strong ones who are ready to take on tougher and tougher challenges. Suicides are not failures, they are simply a choice that all of us, at one point or another, may be swayed to take. In the end, you can be a part of someone's story to try to help them find a better way but how it ends is in their hands, not yours. So do try to let go of ownership and responsibility for your client's lives and you may find yourself less drained over someone's death. Take care.
Old 21-11-2016, 10:04 PM
Deactivated Account
@Colorado wow that's intense. Do you get panic attacks? I do especially when I get visions or premonitions .
@Michelle Ya I'm starting to realize that. I can only talk to one friend about whatever's happening with me. Really glad I found this site lol. Giving me lots of info!!
Old 22-11-2016, 06:58 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namaste1212
@Colorado wow that's intense. Do you get panic attacks? I do especially when I get visions or premonitions .
@Michelle Ya I'm starting to realize that. I can only talk to one friend about whatever's happening with me. Really glad I found this site lol. Giving me lots of info!!
Yes I do, anxiety and panic attacks. The anxiety would get bad when I was younger, but it turned into panic attacks the older I got. I can control it so much, as it comes out of nowhere, for no reason, and gets worse until something happens. If I'm lucky, it only happens in dreams and it's very subtle, like with my deceased uncle.
Old 22-11-2016, 07:06 AM
Guide

It's hard for people to understand the havoc it can wreak, no, it wasn't your fault...we all know that. Its the after thought and trying to make sense of it, the reason why we start blaming ourselves when this happens. It's like, why me? What did I do to deserve this?It's the suffering it causes before hand, too... that wreaks havoc on my nervous system, haunts me, and causes me to feel physically ill at times. Those experiences are the ones that I have a hard time coping with.

I think it's unfair that I have to deal with that. The subtle experiences don't bother me near as much, I can cope with those. But, to have the death knell go off in my living room, or a vision of a funeral right before I go to sleep is scarey....especially because I'm not shown all the answers. The biggest questions are not answered until later. I was so scared that I was crying and upset because I didn't know what was going on, and my husband thought I had lost my mind and wanted to take me to the hospital....if it wasn't for my calm nature and experiences before, I would not have been able to calm down as quick as I did. I can totally see somebody else having that same experience and cracking up big time, ending up in a psyche ward...by their own admission.

That stuff is scarey, It's frightening if you don't know what's going on or have any answers....and you can't talk and make sense to the people around, to tell them what's happening to you, and what you are experiencing. I think I have been having psychic experiences most of my life...even though there was a dead period in there, or I didn't pay attention to it. I had nobody to show me or tell me what it was. I have had to learn the hard way. The worst is when the closest people to you don't believe you, or act cold because they judge you as thinking you are special or better than them in some way to have such experiences, and they don't. They don't know that it's a double edge sword, or even a curse if you don't understand what's going on.

And no, these experiences are not spiritually enlightened, lightly sprinkled cupcakes with flying unicorns on top. That's the biggest misconception....for something like this to happen to a free willed soul....most of it is intrusive, painful and confusing. That's what it takes to get our attention, as we are trying to go about our daily lives and focus on things in the physical world.