Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 25-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Seeker

weird and sudden fear of going outside in dark

Hello.. I have never really been scared of the dark. My daughter and I walk to the bus stop every morning at 5:30 in the dark. Well, I give my dog a little walk around 1am and usually I have no fear. The past 3 or 4 nights I have sudden fear. I will stand on the porch looking around and when I start walking I get so scared I almost freeze. While walking across our dirt road to check the mail at midnight I was so scared I made my hubby watch me through the door to make sure I made it. I almost feel like there is people or something around me watching me. Has this happened to anyone else? Just one night not scared at all and the next so scared you just cant walk the dog? I hope this doesn't sound weird... I'm just curious
Old 25-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Seeker

I guess I should add that a few weeks ago I lost my best friend due to a blood clot. I have been asking and asking her to come to me and give me signs. Could I have called a bad spirit I wonder
Old 26-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Seeker

It could be psychological, since it was something unexpected that lowered your normal confidence while in the dark.

However, as some one in this forum pointed out, some people can see energies, while the rest of us can "feel" them consciously or not.

In your case, I would stick with hour dog when you feel afraid of the dark. Dogs (I think) know when there is something out there.
Old 27-05-2015, 06:52 PM
Suspended
You are picking up on some thing that does not feel right. I would suggest walking the dog and getting the mail in day light, until the feeling passes.
Old 27-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley843
Hello.. I have never really been scared of the dark. My daughter and I walk to the bus stop every morning at 5:30 in the dark. Well, I give my dog a little walk around 1am and usually I have no fear. The past 3 or 4 nights I have sudden fear. I will stand on the porch looking around and when I start walking I get so scared I almost freeze. While walking across our dirt road to check the mail at midnight I was so scared I made my hubby watch me through the door to make sure I made it. I almost feel like there is people or something around me watching me. Has this happened to anyone else? Just one night not scared at all and the next so scared you just cant walk the dog? I hope this doesn't sound weird... I'm just curious

Ashely843 - I tend to trust my instincts. We had a fella in our neighborhood who would ride his bike up to the front of our house late at night and just stare at our house. It started to make me very paranoid and scared. If you feel someone is watching you, it's possible you either have feelings of not being safe or there is actually someone there. You say you live on a dirt road. Is it possible coyotes are active at night and that has you spooked. Why do you think there has been a sudden change in your comfort level yourself. What is different?
Old 28-05-2015, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator
Listen to your instincts!
Maybe there is some danger at night right now out there which you don't know about consciously. Maybe it won't be there next week, or next month or whatever. But maybe it is right now.

How was your dog? Were there any strange or nervous reactions from her(him)?

It could be something simple like a predator out there hunting about at that time of night.

I agree with Thunderbow. If you have to get the mail do it before sundown. Most dogs need a pee before bed, but maybe that can be done on your own territory, and the walk can be also done before sundown?

At least....for now. And see how it goes. Stay loose but keep in touch with your instincts.