Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 13-02-2021, 11:20 PM
Master
Is the Bible authoritative, and how is it to be interpreted?

Some say The Bible presents a clear path to eternal life. First, we must recognize that we have sinned against God: "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). We have all done things that are displeasing to God, which makes us deserving of punishment. Since all our sins are ultimately against an eternal God, only an eternal punishment is sufficient. "The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

That a Fundamental view, is it true?

Or is God love, compassion, and Jesus the fulfillment of God's love and mercy, no such thing as eternal punishment?
Fundamental views Vs Orthodox views, Vs the Heart and soul.

This is an Orthodox view

https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory...ire-kalomiros/

We all want to be saved in the end.

I will look into my heart and see what it says, however, Christ and his love comes first for me, and prayer.
Old 14-02-2021, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
I like to listen to Richard Rohr, a very enlightened Benedictine Monk, take a listen..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc2VfwrGr8g
Watched most of it so far very good. Thanks. I would say an exp'd and wise monk. So funny, not used to seeing you outside of poetry!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-02-2021, 01:51 AM
Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh67x9iDCjg

The Holy Spirit = God's trinity.

The father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Last edited by Native spirit : 14-02-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 14-02-2021, 01:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Watched most of it so far very good. Thanks. I would say an exp'd and wise monk. So funny, not used to seeing you outside of poetry!

I like his views...

And my poetry is just my own ramblings, take it as you will.

It's not biblical or grounded in anything but my own thoughts and emotions.

Peace be with you, Miss Hepburn,

And thanks for editing me on the other thread.., I can fly off on randomness.
Old 14-02-2021, 12:01 PM
1337_d00d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh67x9iDCjg

The Holy Spirit = God's trinity.

The father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.[/quote]

Yes, so? Those are still just words. Christ did say you have to be born again, right?

Last edited by Native spirit : 14-02-2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old 14-02-2021, 12:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Here's what I said: ''As for the thread.. sure, Christianity and mysticism don't mix if the 'bible' is viewed as authoritative.''

That's the full sentence, not ''Christianity and mysticism don't mix . ''

Please don't misquote...

Mysticism... Mystical ideologies; let's look at these two. Mysticism like AbodhiSky says is an experience with divine, (or as I'd prefer to put it, a relationship within the divine).

A mystical ideology is... an idea. Christianity is based on what the believer experiences from God, and not what they think or feel. God appears and says, look here, you've been having experiences of Me, but I am not contained in experiences, just like My Prophet Elijah had thought when he "thought". I am beyond your human thoughts. Everyone, if they work hard and try to experience me will definitely have an experience of Me but not with Me because I do not dwell there. Where I dwell, you cannot come, except by My Spirit, except by My Permission. My Spirit gives you the experience with Me, and an eternal connection. I've made the Way for you to come to me, but human ways, human ideologies will always be a stumbling block for you even after I have paid the price for you. But there is also a price for you to have me, and that's all of you. Leaving your trinkets is so tough, I know! Especially when you are rich with all forms of lofty attainments and spiritual experiences, it would be almost impossible to get through that needles eye. Peace be with you. Peace be with you. Peace be with you.

We've got to receive an experience of the divine and not colour it, or label it in a certain way. Because an experience OF is far different from an experience WITH. One Christian monk told me that people in the nearby villages who seek for help and advise think he's an incarnation of one of the deities of their culture, and he was like, I'm going to go deeper into the mountains.

This is what I meant by the Thread name.
Old 14-02-2021, 12:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknaton
We've got to receive an experience of the divine and not colour it, or label it in a certain way.

By calling, believing or even think you are 'realizing' you experienced a certain spiritual authority or a god you are already labelling it. By having beliefs and expectations, an existing mind, you are already colouring the experience to an extent. We may wish to start off as a blank sheet but it's not happening with these subjective phenomena.
Old 14-02-2021, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337_d00d
Yes, so? Those are still just words. Christ did say you have to be born again, right?

The bible says all kinda things. It's because of the bible that the "Church" is in the state it is in.

Let's see the Church of Rome, upon this Rock I will build my "Church"

Then we have the arguments of the Father and The Son and that issue is the father equal with the Son? The split from the eastern/western church, God is amused I'm sure.

And then the reformation, the Fundemntalistic movement going back to the bible for true interpretations of the faith. On and on..

I'm born again, I have learned to look with my heart, Jesus I love you.

Peace in Christ if you can find it..I'm going to hell I'm sure,
Old 14-02-2021, 01:51 PM
Master
Anyway, Christianity is a big proposition, hell, damnation, being saved, and being on the right path?

My heart open to the love of Jesus, flaws, and all.

In heaven, if we get there we can all give each other a high 5!
Old 14-02-2021, 04:13 PM
1337_d00d

If you are born again then you walk in the spirit and you should know the manner by which one gets to heaven. This is not Islam where one simply hopes on the mercy of God. Paul says if you confess with your mouth you will be saved. But Jesus says there will be many on that day calling him Lord, and he will answer he never knew them.

Christ is the Lamb slain before the foundation of the earth. He made a physical appearance in a body, sure, but his existence and the Mystery predates that. He is the Son or Progeny of God, permeating all living beings, that is just a statement of fact and the rock of the Church.