Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 04-02-2014, 05:27 PM
Yamah

If you want something a little deeper...

The tree of life as we have it is Good. There is a parallel tree, however, that belongs to the Qliphoth (the shells / demons). It goes up along with the tree as evil exists at every level. The one difference between the two trees is that the tree of the Qliphoth is BACKWARDS.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
If you want something a little deeper...

The tree of life as we have it is Good. There is a parallel tree, however, that belongs to the Qliphoth (the shells / demons). It goes up along with the tree as evil exists at every level. The one difference between the two trees is that the tree of the Qliphoth is BACKWARDS.

Yeah like 10 - 1, not reversing right and left. Hermeticism may have switched the right and left but it's not the tree of the Qliphoth.

Also there's no evil in Judaism, not last I looked.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Adept

Eh I lied, there's evil but not in the dualistic sense like that.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Yamah

Actually the qliphothic tree runs up parallel to the... human tree? like turning a page upside down and drawing on the back.

There's actually quite a bit of dualism in Judaism, starting from the first letter of the Torah, Bet, which is numerically 2. Following this we have Tohu and Bohu, Waters above and below, Man and Woman, and the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Unity is a big part of Judaism; so is Duality. Understanding how they work together (the duality of unity and duality) is one of the great philosophical questions that Kabbalists, Chassids and Masters of Mussar struggle with.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Adept

Interesting!

As for the qlipothic tree though, that's still not simply switching left and right. Hermeticism is very much about the light over darkness in that context.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:00 PM
Yamah

Yup, i know. I've heard people try to make something out of this mirroring thing but i don't know think that's the actual explanation, which is why I didn't bother mentioning it in the first place. Still interesting.
Old 24-05-2014, 03:06 AM
ZoeZoe

Although I have very little knowledge of the Tree of Life, The Qabalah, the Kabbalah, the Kabalah, I feel it is the right path for me. I am studying many books, traditional one by Rabbis and newer ones by Occultist such as Knight and Fortune. It always brings such awe and respect, everytime I learn something new, everytime I can connect with the process and understand the beautiful way that God works in my life.
Old 20-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adept
You can assign any symbolism to the tree of life you want, and for you, it'll be valid.

This is true, but as it deviates from its original meaning, it becomes "twisted" to those who practice Judaism.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:27 PM
Suspended
Master
I know where its written that the ToL is in the feminine but it must also be true that a ToL must also be in the masculine perhaps.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:26 PM
Newbie ;)

there is something wrong about the whole thing