Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 26-08-2020, 04:45 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman

"The story is told f a Jewish rabbi whose students were debating the question of when precisely 'daylight' commenced. One of the students said it is when one can see the difference between a sheep and a goat at a distance.' Another suggested, 'It is when you can see the difference between a fig tree and an olive tree at a distance.' And so it went on. When they eventually asked the Rabbi for his view, he said, 'When one human being looks into the face of another and says, 'This is my sister, or this is my brother,' then the night is over and the day has begun."

As my teacher taught also, in effect.
Old 26-08-2020, 02:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Sin, according to the Hebrew Kabbalah, is when our perception separates us from the source of life, and we do not see ourselves in others. We act without considering others. Ignorance literally means the same thing; it means to ignore the oneness of life. I would say that the root of all evil comes from unconscious acts born out of ignorance.
Yes, it's always about love exactly as was said. Some value things like power, money, etc over people. The conscious act born out of value. We know what is right.
Old 27-08-2020, 10:53 PM
Experiencer
It didn't say : "Money is the root of all Evil"

It did say this: Timothy 6:10 King James Version
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

For the Love of Money.

The Love of Money means to always seek more, and more, and more for the purpose of power and ego on this world

I'm a stock trader and I like money, but I don't love it. That's totally different.

What I really Love is to make new friends, helping people, sharing good stuff, my girlfriend, my family, my pets, doing OBE's - That's what I truly love, and that's what truly makes me happy.

But money? Nope. Because is just a temportal stuff that you won't carry into the afterlife anyways!

I just do my good business to society with as much joy, passion and dedication to be happy with it in order to make good money, but that money at the end of the day will end into the greater good of society
Old 30-08-2020, 08:26 AM
Master

You are right SpiritualFreedom. There is no point in being the richest person in the cemetery.
Old 30-08-2020, 09:36 AM
Pathfinder
"Money is the root of all Evil"
I agree. Money = power = control. Money gives a person power over another and all other (lower) life forms. In reality, money is not what people want, people want access to a safe home, food, clothes, car,...and money gives access to all of this, and control over all this. Money is like a key that open doors or close the doors. money is an artificially created tool to force others to behave certain ways,....It is obvious that with such a tool you will never have any harmony and more and more imbalances are being created the worse the world looks like. Money is a system of punisment and reward. With punisment and reward you never teach people real knowledge, it's the same when people are lock off in a prison, they don't learn anything there, they might come out even worse as before, the same as people don't learn really that much in schools, punisment & reward..it only teach people to become more clever, to say things which they have to say, to do things which they have to do, like a mouse...then a good thing will follow..although he learns nothing in the whole process and is like a robot that has no critical thinking or whatsover...
Old 30-08-2020, 10:25 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
I agree. Money = power = control. Money gives a person power over another and all other (lower) life forms. In reality, money is not what people want, people want access to a safe home, food, clothes, car,...and money gives access to all of this, and control over all this. Money is like a key that open doors or close the doors. money is an artificially created tool to force others to behave certain ways,....It is obvious that with such a tool you will never have any harmony and more and more imbalances are being created the worse the world looks like. Money is a system of punisment and reward. With punisment and reward you never teach people real knowledge, it's the same when people are lock off in a prison, they don't learn anything there, they might come out even worse as before, the same as people don't learn really that much in schools, punisment & reward..it only teach people to become more clever, to say things which they have to say, to do things which they have to do, like a mouse...then a good thing will follow..although he learns nothing in the whole process and is like a robot that has no critical thinking or whatsover...

Nice post,meetjazz,*money is the rot of all evil*,I've been saying that for a lifetime.
Old 30-08-2020, 10:31 AM
Administrator
To myself i was told money was the root of all evil.that did not come from any Bible .there is always going to be the Have and Havenot's.
Rich or Poor what ever your saying is.

Namaste
Old 30-08-2020, 10:54 AM
Master
Question

Quote:
What do you want instead of money? Trade chickens for sofas?

You can’t decide for others what is good for them. Some have ambition and want to raise the ladder. Some don’t. Each to their own. If you are happy with a simple life, why complain about others?

By the way.. prisoners can work. My brother used to work at a police bureau and he had to give jobs in prison to prisoners.
And what would you do with prisoners? It sounds like you would rather set them free. Most people are not gonna be happy when there are murderers, rapists and pedophiles living in their neighborhood. It will reduce quality of life there, reduce housing costs. Maybe a good place to settle in for those that only want basics???
Old 30-08-2020, 11:31 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
What do you want instead of money? Trade chickens for sofas?

You can’t decide for others what is good for them. Some have ambition and want to raise the ladder. Some don’t. Each to their own. If you are happy with a simple life, why complain about others?

By the way.. prisoners can work. My brother used to work at a police bureau and he had to give jobs in prison to prisoners.
And what would you do with prisoners? It sounds like you would rather set them free. Most people are not gonna be happy when there are murderers, rapists and pedophiles living in their neighborhood. It will reduce quality of life there, reduce housing costs. Maybe a good place to settle in for those that only want basics???

I don’t know what it all has to do with what I wrote, you write about motivation, I write about the impact of money, and as you mentioned prisons. Yes there are quite a few ''prisons,'' generally in the Scandinavian countries that are actually one big park,..you can google for that....for example you can check a video on youtube called: ''Prison inmate: We get puppies, ice cream and flowers'' they have their own TV, Playstation, washing machine... it is a very, very different attitude towards people and understanding how people develop ...and how you teach people something, there are already also schools where kids do not get scores anymore, schools without rules...all kind of different stuff is evolving and already exists, maybe in our lives we will not see a birth of a very different culture from ours, but we can certainly already see the first steps.
Old 30-08-2020, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
I don’t know what it all has to do with what I wrote, you write about motivation, I write about the impact of money, and as you mentioned prisons. Yes there are quite a few ''prisons,'' generally in the Scandinavian countries that are actually one big park,..you can google for that....for example you can check a video on youtube called: ''Prison inmate: We get puppies, ice cream and flowers'' they have their own TV, Playstation, washing machine... it is a very, very different attitude towards people and understanding how people develop ...and how you teach people something, there are already also schools where kids do not get scores anymore, schools without rules...all kind of different stuff is evolving and already exists, maybe in our lives we will not see a birth of a very different culture from ours, but we can certainly already see the first steps.

I don't see how that creates a healthier society. Children living without any order and rapists and peadophiles getting free TV and Playstation. Not the ''different culture'' that develops a sustainable civilization, feels more like an end-of-Rome kind of era. No wonder many terrorists seek benefits in Europe. If they ever get caught they'll get a holiday in prison. We've gone overboard with the whole empathy industry.

But if money is the root of all evil, then what would you replace it with?