Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-03-2022, 06:13 PM
Seeker
What are the benefits?

There always has to be a benefit in all that I do. What do I gain from doing something, anything? When I scratch my back, I relieve an itching back. When I eat something, I relieve a hungry stomach.
When I meditate, I find relaxation and peace. Without a benefit at the end of an activity, I would not engage in it. What would be the point?
To find happiness and comfort, I travel down many avenues in life, from material to spiritual ones. Light ones and dark ones. Some are wide open; others are like a tunnel. It doesn’t matter what kind; ultimately, they are all my avenues, not someone else’s. And only I can gain the most benefit from them. Nobody else. My experiences, my benefits, my growth, my life, my impact in this existence.
Someone once said that freedom of choice is the choice of either moving towards a purpose or away from it. That is similar to what I am saying. What benefits me most in life is finding a groove that leads to a meaningful purpose.
Old 15-03-2022, 11:04 PM
Master

the problem i had with trying to get things for myself, is that after a while people started thinking I liked trying to get things for myself more than I liked having things. That led of course to various insanities, such as making sure I couldn't have things so that I could have the pleasure of trying to obtain them. And other stuff...

Of course I didn't see it that way at all, as it is absolutely awful to be made to chase around after things one can't actually have...
Old 16-03-2022, 12:25 AM
Seeker
sounds like you were chasing after falling leaves. you can only get them after they lay on the ground for you to pick them up.