Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 29-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Helena

Negative experience with citrine?

Hi,

I've been wondering about this for a while. A few years ago I bought a citrine pendant that I wore on a necklace. During that time I never experienced anything negative with it. After a while I kind of lost my interest in crystals and never wore it anymore. Now a few years later my love for crystals has returned, I bought a few new ones and started wearing the citrine again.

So here's the issue: A lot of times when I wear it I get a terrible head ache and I become very nauseous. I feel the opposite of energetic and optimistic, like the effect a citrine is supposed to have. One time I wore it outside and it felt as if I was extremely sensitive to the negative energy of others, the mentioned discomforts were even worse.

It really makes me wonder what is causing this to happen, especially since I never experienced it before when I just started wearing it. Before I wore it again (after maybe two years) I cleansed it with hematite and charged it with quartz crystal in an abalone shell for the first time. Before, I used to just clean it with water, so I thought that may have something to do with it, but I'm not sure. Other stones that have undergone the same cleansing/charging treatment as my citrine seem to be working great.

Does anyone have an idea what this could mean and what I should do, should I just stop wearing this stone? I'd appreciate any help.
Old 29-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Master

Get a different citrine, a fresh one, and see if you feel better with that one.

I trust your cleansing is with RUNNING fresh water, right?
Old 29-11-2014, 04:22 PM
Knower

Our energy adjust to some crystals and may sometimes are uncomfortable to this.
Old 29-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Master
Regardless of what New Age authors and crystal dealers would love us to think and believe crystals, tektites, gemstones, and so forth really do not have standardized common metaphysical properties and uses. Just like every individual can have a unique reaction to the chemicals in a medication each and every individual can and often does have a unique reaction to the chemicals and elements in a stone. With that said the information out there about how each stone has so and so metaphysical properties and uses is for the most part a fabrication created for economical purposes and reasons. The only way an individual can ever know what a specific stone will do to/for them personally is to have one in their physical possession and work with it. One shred of personal experience with a specific stone is worth more than a billion books written by Robert Simmons on what a specific stone apparently does and is used for. And so it's not surprising that you or anyone else has an experience with a stone that isn't necessarily written into the fabrications out there. It's possible that your energy reacts a certain way to Citrine that no one else does.
Old 29-11-2014, 07:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Maybe it doesn't resonate with you anymore.
Old 29-11-2014, 08:04 PM
Master
Citrine can sometimes be to much for people as it is quite strong.
Don't wear it now, maybe at some other point you'll be okay with it again. Try a 'softer' stone for the 3rd chakra for now. Maybe a yellow calcite will feel great! Does a similar thing, but much gentler.

Citrine works on the 3rd chakra and many of us still have (a lot!)of old pains, hurts, traumas etc on that chakra that need to be dealt with. So maybe you are going through something at the moment and the citrine might enhance that. Meaning for now it is too strong.
It is also the chakra through which you interact with the environment. That's why it easily gets upset, picking up stuff from the outside world etc.

If you want to be sure about it being clean, stick it in water for about 24 hours. If there's a lot of bubbles appearing it isn't properly cleansed. You may get bubbles now anyway, because you've been wearing it and was experiencing stress whilst wearing it. But good to cleanse it from that, then I'd just put it in a nice place where it doesn't get disturbed too much, so that when you're ready to wear it again, it's in pristine condition. So leave it out in daylight so it can still exchange energy with the outside world.
Old 29-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Everly

I agree with Astral Explorer. Wonderful to see someone else who encourages personal, individual exploration without relying on someone else's "truth". One size does not fit all.
Old 30-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Helena

Thanks for the responses!

It could be that it needs an even better cleansing, since it had been laying around for so long. But I guess the feeling I had was that it's somehow too strong. I felt a short, stabbing headache as soon I took it out of the quartz where it had been charging. Another reason why I never experienced something like that before could be that I never charged it probably, since I always read that washing it with water is supposed to be enough to cleanse and charge a citrine. Some even claim that it doesn't need any cleansing or charging at all.

This lead me to another question: could there be something as charging your stone too much or for too long? And could the way you charge it affect its functioning? For example, can charging your stone with amethyst give it a more gentle energy than charging it with quartz?

And yes, I do realise there's no such thing as a set list of the effects a stone should have on an individual. It's way more complex than that, but I think there's a general sense of the qualities of each stone, which can help us search for the right one when we don't know where to begin. For example, some stones are known to make you more energetic and outgoing while other might have more of a calming effect. Either way, I don't think there's such a thing as a stone that should be causing you to have a headache, so it's not strange to wonder why when it does.
Old 30-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena
Thanks for the responses!

It could be that it needs an even better cleansing, since it had been laying around for so long. But I guess the feeling I had was that it's somehow too strong. I felt a short, stabbing headache as soon I took it out of the quartz where it had been charging. Another reason why I never experienced something like that before could be that I never charged it probably, since I always read that washing it with water is supposed to be enough to cleanse and charge a citrine. Some even claim that it doesn't need any cleansing or charging at all.

This lead me to another question: could there be something as charging your stone too much or for too long? And could the way you charge it affect its functioning? For example, can charging your stone with amethyst give it a more gentle energy than charging it with quartz?

And yes, I do realise there's no such thing as a set list of the effects a stone should have on an individual. It's way more complex than that, but I think there's a general sense of the qualities of each stone, which can help us search for the right one when we don't know where to begin. For example, some stones are known to make you more energetic and outgoing while other might have more of a calming effect. Either way, I don't think there's such a thing as a stone that should be causing you to have a headache, so it's not strange to wonder why when it does.
There's no harm in wondering but let's remember that some medications cause headaches for some people. The reason that it happens is because their body reacts differently to the chemicals in that specific medication differently than most others. And since specific stones have specific chemical and elemental compositions it is honestly no different. Your body's reaction to the chemical/elemental composition of that specific Citrine produces a headache. Keep in mind even two of the exact same type of mineral can have a slightly different chemical/elemental composition and so another piece of Citrine might not do the exact same thing to you. But I don't believe that stones have general and common properties, most of the information out there about what they supposedly do and do not do is just fabrications unfortunately. Just like if you gave 100 people a medication a group of them will have somewhat similar results, another group with have slightly varying results, and then a smaller group of them will have very unique and often weird results. It is no different with crystals and gemstones. Yes in some cases more than one person can have a similar result but there is absolutely no way of knowing what reaction a person will have with a specific stone until they work with that specific stone, meaning that common metaphysical properties and uses for the most part are either inaccurate or false. Just because they claim that Citrine will bring success, abundance, and so forth absolutely never means it is going to do that with you or me. In most cases it is going to do something completely different than what the literature out there suggests, because we are all unique and our reactions to each stone is going to be unique. The portion of information out there on crystals and gemstones that is not purely fabrication is either speculation or personal experience. And neither of those are going to always be true with each and every individual. And because of that one piece of personal experience with a stone should be worth more to that person than every single piece of information out there on every single type of stone. When I'm looking to make a new acquisition I look into variations of stones I have already worked with, or stones that are in the same mineral family of stones I have already worked with. That way I have a realistic and tangible basis to work off of. Because in my opinion working off of a basis of fabrications, speculations, and other's personal experience is a waste of time since it rarely if ever translates into what our experiences will be.