Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-12-2016, 03:50 AM
Pathfinder

Can you wear make up and still be interested in spiritual growth?

Let's say that a girl really enjoys wearing make up and dressing up.... but does that hinder her from her spiritual path?

I'm just not sure...
Old 10-12-2016, 05:40 AM
Master
Creativity is part of self and life.

You can still create yourself and look deeper beyond your surface appearance to heal and grow. All the while enjoying your own creativity and personal preferences.

I am a girl, am pretty spiritually minded in relation to a holistic approach to life and living.

I love clothes and dressing up. I feel good deep down, the surface stuff doesn't lead me, what is moving deeper in me moves me. But I still have fun with my own creativity in this way your asking about.

I do have this awareness in my use of makeup. I care about what I put on my skin in relation to its ingredients so I am conscious of the product and its creation before I do wear something. I prefer natural as close as I can get it.

As for clothes I love colour, texture, style and instead of always buying new, I buy second hand which helps the planet and others

In the nature of my own spirituality, I am simply more conscious of what I buy and put on my skin. So it serves my preference of staying "close to nature" as I can get. So I like to be informed about what I am using.
My body serves me to walk this earth, so it pays to take care of it.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 10-12-2016, 06:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender88
Let's say that a girl really enjoys wearing make up and dressing up.... but does that hinder her from her spiritual path?
Wearing make up (or other types of body enhancement) generally does not impede spiritual growth.

Spiritual growth is about an inner journey, not an external one.

One might get the impression that make up is counter the spiritual journey because many 'spiritual types' do not adorn their bodies. There is a spiritual path of 'denial' of all worldly things (includes adornment), this very uncommon in the West and a minority in the East.

More commonly however, one looses interest in making an impression on the external world. Those previously wearing make up to impress others will stop doing so. Some will still wear make up (or other adornment) if it has meaning to them personally (internally).

Overall there is no need to worry much about it. What to do will become more clear over time.
Old 10-12-2016, 05:02 PM
Lorelyen

Seems fine to me. It's just about enhancing your physical appearance among other people in a way you like, is all.

Hardly different from wearing a bra to show off your shape. I wear one more for support but hope it's basically true to my shape.

Old 11-12-2016, 04:37 PM
Master
It is good for your spiritual growth..When you are creative, then you are tuning in.

If you use yourself as the palette, that is fine. It is good.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Seeker

Some things we much all go through for better or worse, especially when young. All part of a passage to greater things, harm can also come from not allowing. Spirituality may have to come later.

The real question is can you survive?
Old 11-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Guide

It seems to me that the only way it might interfere with spiritual growth is if one became totally obsessed with appearance. Obsession of most any sort takes focus off other pursuits and limits ones ability to think rationally.

As long as there isn't obsession, makeup and nice clothes seem like ways of expressing self love.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:51 PM
Seeker

Living in a world of illusions, where one feels the need for acceptance and bonding why not. Seems like its a necessity in the beginning.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:45 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
As long as there isn't obsession, makeup and nice clothes seem like ways of expressing self love.

Absolutely, what is so wrong with feeling good on the inside by what you present on the outside, within healthy limits of course :)

If you want to feel good about the makeup, so many brands are cruelty-free and vegan now, that it feels so great expressing creativity via these brands! Clothing, so much fun to show who you are by what you're wearing!

I love to wear makeup WHENEVER IT WORKS FOR ME! I don't do it anymore to impress the world, I do it to express my mood. Do it for you, that's what makes it fun, makes you grow in your self-expression, creativity, and self-love...and don't worry about what others think because (as I tell my children) you're the one who has to wear it, no one else should matter!
Old 12-12-2016, 04:13 AM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender88

I'm just not sure...

no.............it doesn't hinder your path unless you allow vanity to rule your life.