Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 07-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Master
My message

People told me I talk as though I don't have a point, and it's true. I don't. I wondered why I have no message. How it is I don't know much of anything; then I heard this quote from Ghandi: "My life is my message". I thought, yep, me too.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:38 AM
Master
I think the hardest thing to get right Gem, is congruence between word and deed. Our lives should be and indeed are our message, its just we don`t often see the real message our actions are giving out.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
People told me I talk as though I don't have a point, and it's true. I don't. I wondered why I have no message. How it is I don't know much of anything; then I heard this quote from Ghandi: "My life is my message". I thought, yep, me too.

A life living itself as the message.

If your not willing to get to know the person or see the person in this way, then quite easily you could well be overlooked and seen in this light, you could well be just looking for what points they have to offer. But then it comes back to how much of the "whole" person is seen and embraced I guess.

I notice that sometimes people don't really shine fully on line and some do. I have met a few people online creating a picture of them in my mind prior to meeting them, but when I met them, gosh they were so much more real in ways I never could relate to or feel on line. So it kind of filled the gaps for them. Others shine quite brightly online and in person and those gaps were less when I met them face to face. I once said to a friend online in the States, "I now understand why you are not seen fully online, those gaps are often missing in the connection via writing, but face to face to get a greater picture of you that is really obvious". Others of course seemed the same online as they were off. So not sure of the why's.

Anyway this may all be irrelevant to what you conveying but I said it anyway.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 07-12-2016, 03:23 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
I think the hardest thing to get right Gem, is congruence between word and deed. Our lives should be and indeed are our message, its just we don`t often see the real message our actions are giving out.

right, and make no mistake, there is a lot of power in influence too
Old 07-12-2016, 03:32 PM
Master
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

What people told you that? (Consider the source, I always say.)

Your message to me anyway is that you're willing to explore your world until you find some answers - some sort of satisfaction...what's wrong with that?

Old 08-12-2016, 12:45 AM
Master
People told me i talk as though i don't want to be bothered with, and its true. I don't. Perhaps my message to the world is: leave me alone and let me be.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Hi Gem,

Taking what I've noticed in some of your posts on this forum find that you do have depth.

Sometimes for me the point or message may be found in the after thought or to just exchange thoughts.

Find if one is not interested, then most likely he/she won't find much point in what I say ( atleast for them). Other times may be so involved in proving his/her point of veiw that anything counter to it will not be heard anyways.

Yeah, mostly it is how one lives life that seem to reflect that person most.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
congruence between word and deed

and that is such an amazing thing, congruence between word and deed

self observation is my friend

maybe also say: congruence between what I believe myself to be and what I am
Old 08-12-2016, 02:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Gem,

Taking what I've noticed in some of your posts on this forum find that you do have depth.

Sometimes for me the point or message may be found in the after thought or to just exchange thoughts.

Find if one is not interested, then most likely he/she won't find much point in what I say ( atleast for them). Other times may be so involved in proving his/her point of veiw that anything counter to it will not be heard anyways.

Usually I start talking about things are pretty subtle, and because it can't be said as 'an answer', like a 'true statement', but is more like... you know how you get to know someone? You have to get together, interact - get a feel for it. You can't realistically describe them as though there is 'an answer' to 'what they're like'. That's the sort of thing it is. Spirituality is to do with people, healing, life, the truth, universality and some say God. No one knows what all that stuff is exactly. We just 'have a feel for it'.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hi Gem,

This reminds me of Ava Gardeners quote: "Deep down, I'm pretty superficial"

Quote: