Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-12-2016, 10:47 AM
Suspended
Knower

Yes we can say that anything bad happens to us for our good. God gives us problems to make us stronger, so that we can fight with them and make ourselves better than before.
Old 13-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by taurmel
Neutral teaches nothing, gives no challenges or happiness.

I think what you call neutral is that middle ground that we are looking for to be in the moment and experience constant peace. No challenges, just enjoying the moment and the nature. I prefer middle ground than a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs.
Old 13-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnicGeek
I recently watched YouTube video from Teal Swan where she talked about misconception of the law of attraction. How we feel down when something we expect does not happen or even gets worse. She explains this that we get what we expect when we first experience the opposite. If we want good, we experience bad to understand how good feels and vice versa. That's law of attraction working opposite which is karma. Looks like this is something that people don't understand too.

It's all being directed to manifest in our life by our higher-self who is we. We are avatars of our true-self and we are directing our avatar in a direction to exprience what we decided to exprience before incarnating here. So in order to learn what is good, we need to learn what is bad. In bad we need to be aware that to learn we need to stay optimistic, understanding that it's another problem we must overcome like we solved those problems in school. We had to in order to move forward and ascend to higher grade.

I heard stories of rags to riches. When people turned from needy and homeless into their greatest and attained mental and physical wealth. Does that mean their higher-self chose this path for them and they had to fall to the abyss in order climb up while appreciating and feeling great for small things in their journey to understand the ultimate purpose they were meant to experience? This happens with artists, musicians, entrepreneurs, sportsmen and others. However not everyone is capable of reaching the end of the tunnel so they give up and some end up badly. I wonder how Teal Swan's theory holds up here. Do they succeed in their next life? I don't know if this process can extend beyond one life.

What are your thoughts? I think this is interesting idea. I think we only know part and when compared to vast we don't know anything.
I don't know what to think about the Law of Attraction really, given that certain things just happen to us without the requirement for it to exist anyway.

For example, I just got through saying that I am physically awkward....I may even go as far to say "I am dexterously challenged" and as a result, "I am cursed"....I could say all these things...

Proponents of the Law of Attraction will say "You are cursed because you think/believe you are cursed"....problem with that whole argument then becomes; what came first, the chicken or the egg?

If I were not awkward, I would have no reason to think/believe I am right? and believing I am not awkward doesn't stop me from being unable to interact with matter properly on certain levels - it just happens.

Another thing that happens, is unless you say what you want in 100% perfect detail, down to every atom, you'll get something totally different...

Unless you say "I want a real, driveable car of a certain make/model that I don't have to spend any money on to repair, that is up to date with registration, that will give me no trouble, that will get me from point A to point B effectively..." and write the universe a big, freaking essay instead of saying "I would like a car..." you'll either find a broken toy car on the footpath, a mail-ad in your letterbox from the local car salesyard, or your great uncle will die and leave you a lemon in his will...

The Law of Attraction is like a genie....be careful what you wish for and the Law of Attraction is also self-serving as all powers of hell.

Are bad things that happen to us for our own good? only if you realise they are, or else they are what they are....'bad things'. Some people like to turn negatives into positives because they are able to transcend reality and delude themselves into happiness, while others will call a spade a spade and go 'well, that sucks' and get over it, given "X" amount of time to do so.

What you are talking about is bitter and continued disappointment, leading to a belief that the LoA is all bunkum....been there and done that....until I realised that it all has to do with expectation! If we expect something will happen and it doesn't, we get disappointed and cry. If it does happen, we go "told you so" and we laugh.

The way to avoid disappointment is to drop the expectation...drop all of it, that way if it doesn't happen, you can say "whatever" and if it does happen, you can say "whatever"...this is the equanimity, ambivalence and non-attachment all the saints and sages talk about and it is very liberating to expect nothing to avoid being disappointed constantly.