Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-12-2016, 08:45 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
But wait!

What if there is no such thing as dark and light heart?

TO me what is unknown is often named darkness, and what is known is often named light. Humans call things things all the time..

INfinite wisdom taught me it creates itself..

This is altogether a wonderful thread. We all face variations on the theme. One of the oxymorons of the Qabalistic model of Creation is the Limitless Light that appeared within Limitless Nothing. Ain, Ain Soph, Ain Soph Aur.

Seems to me when we explore our dark we bring our baggage out into the light. As you say, dark and light can be names for unknown and known with maybe a twilight between, things of which we're aware of but don't quite have a measure yet.

"Humans call things things all the time.." Yes. I've never been sure whether I'm an oxy or just a moron.

Hmm... your earlier post has just reminded me....I suppose I should put my pants on before popping along to Zumba this morning.... Now...where are they?

Old 14-12-2016, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
This is altogether a wonderful thread. We all face variations on the theme. One of the oxymorons of the Qabalistic model of Creation is the Limitless Light that appeared within Limitless Nothing. Ain, Ain Soph, Ain Soph Aur.

Seems to me when we explore our dark we bring our baggage out into the light. As you say, dark and light can be names for unknown and known with maybe a twilight between, things of which we're aware of but don't quite have a measure yet.

"Humans call things things all the time.." Yes. I've never been sure whether I'm an oxy or just a moron.

Hmm... your earlier post has just reminded me....I suppose I should put my pants on before popping along to Zumba this morning.... Now...where are they?

Hehe Lorelyen.

Goodness me, you have lost your britches? You have me in stitches here..

Put your big girl pants on and get to it..zumba calls.

I am sore all over. I had a pretty intense remedial massage, along with lots of trigger points activated,, Then silly me decided on doing another yoga session after it. I need my pj pants me thinks..

Goodnight and hope you rocked zumba Lorelyen..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 14-12-2016, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstandlast
Until you understand all is light, you are misled by the darkness you avoid--

Or do you mean a void?
Old 15-12-2016, 03:41 AM
Administrator
As a friend and I walked alongside the river, on the banks and in the river bed is strewn with broken bikes, shopping trolleys and car parts, there is even glass bottles, shopping bags, waste from a nearby factory even sofas and bed mattresses are home to the limited life that is struggling to survive there... yet amongst all this pollution one flower prevails, all its radiant beauty and vibrant energetic colour out of context with its surroundings.
As we walked on my friend remarked on the sorry state of the river, to which I replied 'there is also beauty and wonder' and pointed to the one flower, remarking 'This one inspires I to seek beauty and wonder in everything even if all else fails too'

We are often placed in uncertain times in our lives, rollercoaster rides of emotional upheaval can leave us in a sence of overwhelming uncirtanty and emptyness in our hearts , yet and yet...

Forged from the fires of darkness and from such extremities we all experience there we form the very foundations of your life, a preacious beautiful dazzling unique you.... capable of rendering a radiant beauty beyond your wildest dreams

Souls are like sand in a vast sandy desert, in all of those countless grains of sand we notice only the ones that glitter in the light of the All-that-is
Old 15-12-2016, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
As a friend and I walked alongside the river, on the banks and in the river bed is strewn with broken bikes, shopping trolleys and car parts, there is even glass bottles, shopping bags, waste from a nearby factory even sofas and bed mattresses are home to the limited life that is struggling to survive there... yet amongst all this pollution one flower prevails, all its radiant beauty and vibrant energetic colour out of context with its surroundings.
As we walked on my friend remarked on the sorry state of the river, to which I replied 'there is also beauty and wonder' and pointed to the one flower, remarking 'This one inspires I to seek beauty and wonder in everything even if all else fails too'

We are often placed in uncertain times in our lives, rollercoaster rides of emotional upheaval can leave us in a sence of overwhelming uncirtanty and emptyness in our hearts , yet and yet...

Forged from the fires of darkness and from such extremities we all experience there we form the very foundations of your life, a preacious beautiful dazzling unique you.... capable of rendering a radiant beauty beyond your wildest dreams

Souls are like sand in a vast sandy desert, in all of those countless grains of sand we notice only the ones that glitter in the light of the All-that-is

Well said and I really needed this at this time.

Thank you.
Old 15-12-2016, 06:55 AM
Master
The Light emerges from the Darkness, as the lotus emerges from the mud, but the Darkness emerges from the Light as the slayer of ignorance and false idealism.

Light and Darkness are at polar ends of the Duality spectrum, meaning that each nullifies the existence of the other without one remaining eternally dominant, until that which is neither Light nor Dark exists. This is Brahman absolute.

We can say that Night gives rise to Day or we can say that Day surrenders to Night...the whole process is cyclical.

We cannot say that 'Light' is better than 'Darkness' and nor is 'Darkness' any better than 'Light' - as it is the in breath and the out breath of the universe.

Thus, trying to attain any measure of that which is 'Light' or that which is 'Dark' is futile.

Buddhists have a term for it, it is called the 'Middle Way' and Vedantins have a term for it, it is called 'Neti Neti'.

From darkness to lightness to darkness to lightness to darkness to that which is both/neither simultaneously, Necro goes...