Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Master
2 apples + 2 apples = 8 apples <--- was this a mistake ? I think it is a mistake.

If we choose to swim in a river knowing that we don't know how to swim and got drown/dead <--- was that a mistake ? I think it was a huge mistake.

There are mistakes indeed, otherwise the word and concept would not even exist in the first place.

I understand the romantic view about life as a lesson, that everything was for a reason, but there are mistakes that we can't afford to happen.

Mistakes exist so we can avoid them if possible, that is called wisdom and common sense

But anyway we will commit some mistakes then and now, and that's fine and ok !
Old 10-11-2016, 10:03 AM
Guide

Oh yes! This is something that has always amazed me in life. What once seemed failure results in marvellous opportunity!
Old 24-11-2016, 12:37 AM
Quote:
2 apples + 2 apples = 8 apples <--- was this a mistake ?
I read that as a Buddhist koan or a test from a Master...
My response if a Master was asking me would be ..
1 apple equals a ton.

And still a fellow student would probably win the Master's favor more by saying...
There is no apple.

Would there still be another? Saying...
I am the apple.

Or another that doesn't respond in any way, but laughs and walks away.

The point of the koan being go to the other side of logic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 24-11-2016, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
2 apples + 2 apples = 8 apples <--- was this a mistake ? I think it is a mistake.

If we choose to swim in a river knowing that we don't know how to swim and got drown/dead <--- was that a mistake ? I think it was a huge mistake.

There are mistakes indeed, otherwise the word and concept would not even exist in the first place.

I understand the romantic view about life as a lesson, that everything was for a reason, but there are mistakes that we can't afford to happen.

Mistakes exist so we can avoid them if possible, that is called wisdom and common sense

But anyway we will commit some mistakes then and now, and that's fine and ok !

From the perspective of logic and reasoning I agree with you 100%. But beyond logic and reasoning
there is a knowledge which surpasses understanding. That knowledge is right within us, and we can
choose to tap in to it or choose otherwise.

If everything in the universe, that is everything; people, insects, open spaces, etc., all have a utility,
or what some may call a purpose, then the fulfillment of the purpose will not be done unless it is based
on an impetus much deeper than human logic. A mathematical equation is only wrong because we believe
in the code which that equation represents.

There not being any mistakes is an esoteric space time concept not valid when using cultural, or
prevalent imgrams adopted by the human species. The human mind can not imagine infinity or eternity;
yet most humans believe in such concepts. I would say that we humans generally know less than 5%
of what we actually say we know, and the rest of it is based on what we believe.
Old 25-11-2016, 12:43 AM
Master
As for me, I've made mistakes. I've made mistakes that hurt others close to me. Did we grow from them......yes. Does that mean there are no mistakes.....not to me.
Old 25-11-2016, 12:57 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Haiku.

Good to me is Bad to you.
Confidence to me is Cocky to you.
Hope to me is Disillusion to you.
A Experience to me is a Mistake to you.

Old 14-12-2016, 03:39 AM
Guide

Its only a mistake if you don't learn and grow from what happened
Old 14-12-2016, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
It's only a mistake if you don't learn and grow from what happened
What a great sentence!!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru