Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2006, 02:35 PM
Mick in England

Why is Bible anti-medium?

The Bible is very anti-medium, and I just wonder why.
Anybody got any ideas?
Old 30-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Knower
I believe that the work we know today as the Bible is not the true word of God, Jesus, the prophets, the gospel writers or anyone else who was around in those times... it has more than likely been altered by those who have used Christianity as a means of controlling the masses. Therefore mediums who could spread the true word would have been a threat to the church's power base.

That's only my theory... apologies to those whom this view offends.

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 30-08-2006, 03:27 PM
lumas

Mick i have never read the bible never found the need to but going by what i read and hear it is my observation that the good book has been doctered from its original writings and is anti medium because religeous leaders who supposidly wrote jesus's teachings at that time were scared of what spiritual faith and truth could do to them. (it would ruin all they stood to gain) Jesus was one of the greatest mediums to walk this earth. and he wanted us all to be as he was and to do as he did.

Some will say Jesus a medium!!!! rubbish he was the son of god but we are all sons of god we are god, we are all the same stuff!!!!! we are all capable of doing the things he did although i must say i do have trouble with the water into wine thing. God bless you all...
Old 30-08-2006, 03:32 PM
lumas

As jeremy said apologies for whom this view offends for it is only my observation but this is a spiritual forum after all and these are the subjects up for debate...
God bless you all...
Old 30-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy67
I believe that the work we know today as the Bible is not the true word of God, Jesus, the prophets, the gospel writers or anyone else who was around in those times... it has more than likely been altered by those who have used Christianity as a means of controlling the masses. Therefore mediums who could spread the true word would have been a threat to the church's power base.
That's only my theory... apologies to those whom this view offends.

But the Bible is often contradictory, for example the Old Testament says "eye for an eye", but when Jesus arrived he trashed that and said "forgive".
So if, as you say, the Bibles been altered, or tidied up, why have so many jarring bits like that been left in?
Old 30-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumas
Mick i have never read the bible never found the need to but going by what i read and hear it is my observation that the good book has been doctered from its original writings and is anti medium because religeous leaders who supposidly wrote jesus's teachings at that time were scared of what spiritual faith and truth could do to them. (it would ruin all they stood to gain) Jesus was one of the greatest mediums to walk this earth. and he wanted us all to be as he was and to do as he did.
Some will say Jesus a medium!!!! rubbish he was the son of god but we are all sons of god we are god, we are all the same stuff!!!!! we are all capable of doing the things he did although i must say i do have trouble with the water into wine thing.

You mean Jesus used to hold seances?
Old 30-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick in England
But the Bible is often contradictory, for example the Old Testament says "eye for an eye", but when Jesus arrived he trashed that and said "forgive".
So if, as you say, the Bibles been altered, or tidied up, why have so many jarring bits like that been left in?

Attitudes and trends change. Don't forget there is a huge lapse of time between the events of the Old and New Testaments. In terms of the church using the Bible to subdue the masses, it made sense to embrace the "new" doctrine of forgiveness. As for any other jarring bits, I'm sure the same is true... leave in the Old Testament "bad" against which the New Testament "good" seems whiter than white.

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 30-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy67
Attitudes and trends change. Don't forget there is a huge lapse of time between the events of the Old and New Testaments. In terms of the church using the Bible to subdue the masses, it made sense to embrace the "new" doctrine of forgiveness. As for any other jarring bits, I'm sure the same is true... leave in the Old Testament "bad" against which the New Testament "good" seems whiter than white.

One of the first things Jesus did was to walk into the Great Temple and shout at the priests of Organised Religion that they were filthy wicked sons of hell, hypocrites,blind fools,snakes, and that prostitutes were better than them, and he told the people not to be like them.
So if, as you say, the priests later wrote the Bible, why did they leave that bit in?
Old 30-08-2006, 05:48 PM
lumas

Jesus talked to somebody and his followers were around him where did his words of wisdom come from...God bless you.
Old 30-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Mick in England

Jesus said "I only say what my Father in heaven tells me to say".
He didn't sit at a table and try to contact spirits by asking "is there anybody there" did he?
Closed Thread