Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 28-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Angels444

Mediumship - a gift or a learned skill?

Hello everyone,

I just discovered Spiritual Forums by chance (I think....)

It's fantastic to be able to talk to like-minded people. I'm 31 years of age and I'm from Co. Galway, Ireland. I'm interested in all matters of a spiritual nature, especially angels, elementals and mediumship. I'm a big Gordon Smith fan - he gave a demonstration recently in Dublin and it was mind-blowing. I really hope to get to see him again some day. I've often wondered if mediumship is a gift with which you are born or if it's something that any intuitive person of an open heart and mind could learn? I've heard some conflicting answers to this one.

Would be glad to get some opinions...

Lovely to meet you all,

Angels444.
Old 28-08-2006, 08:28 PM
biyu_wolf_77

i think its somethin that everyones capable of but few have the "switch"(lac of better term) turned on and society teaches you that stuff is bad so few outside the metaphysical circle care to develop it

lastnight early this mornin to ya i was chattin with people in my school and it was intreastin to say the least(they thought i was high which ive never been) ut i tryied to enable them ta do some simpler healing methods but they mostly thought i was crazy (one commented on my beein a 50 year old artist that just looks young and its a wee bit true)

anythins possable you just have ta believe
Old 28-08-2006, 09:16 PM
Master
I agree with biyu_wulf I believe that everyone is capable of it, but you have to be open to it and be able to 'relax' with it. Of course, I believe this applies mostly to those of us who have blocked the ability for most of our lives. I say 'relax' with it because if you try too hard it's not going to work. I'm in the process of learning about this myself & I know for a fact that the harder I try the more frustrated I get. And once you find yourself learning...it seems to come in spurts, or at least that's how it's been for me so far. I'll have serveral 'lightbulb moments' in quick succession and then nothing substantial will happen for a while.
Old 28-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Deactivated Account
i think fear holds a lot of people back
Old 29-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Master
daisy, I believe you're right. A few years ago just the thought of this sort of thing was enough to give me nightmares. Fear is a very important factor.
Old 29-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Deactivated Account
i was sleeping with at least the landing light on up until a few years ago
Old 29-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Master
I think my son may be very sensitive, he sleeps with the lamp on in his room. He just freaks out if I turn the light off completely.
Old 29-08-2006, 09:07 AM
biyu_wolf_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
I agree with biyu_wulf I believe that everyone is capable of it, but you have to be open to it and be able to 'relax' with it. Of course, I believe this applies mostly to those of us who have blocked the ability for most of our lives. I say 'relax' with it because if you try too hard it's not going to work. I'm in the process of learning about this myself & I know for a fact that the harder I try the more frustrated I get. And once you find yourself learning...it seems to come in spurts, or at least that's how it's been for me so far. I'll have serveral 'lightbulb moments' in quick succession and then nothing substantial will happen for a while.
(i you care to notr the time im nocturnal more then not) one little known fact here is i love helpin outhers with there "gifts"(abilities whjatever ya call them ive seen too much x-men but it seems an approite term) my 2 peces of advice are usially "relax and focus" and "dont try just do" cause yea the more ya try the harder it can seem makin you try harder and whole loopin over an over

try opennin youre mind(just fer like a half hour--kinda a specific exorsize i think anyone on here could do it tho) compleately or atleast more then it is and just lettin youre abilities work note stuff thats different in tme youll be able ta freely do stuff youll be glad that you learned too

well enjoy im a quick learner allways thought somethin else and i think a jump in the last couple years but its fun
Old 29-08-2006, 03:13 PM
violetmay

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
i was sleeping with at least the landing light on up until a few years ago

so glad someone else was doing this... Up until this year, I would have to have a trail of lights going on if I went up or down the stairs. In the dark everything seems to come alive about me. I sense everything and used to jump at shadows, rustles and whispers. As a kid I was fearless and would stomp around the dark, I'd say nite to my friend bartholemew who lived in the airing cupboard in my room. My mum thought he was an invisible friend... but he was a ghost and such a nice one, I left him behind when I reached 12 and moved house. My new room felt lonely, and that new house didn't have any guests, it was just us, and that was fine.

My new home here in Dorset is definately haunted, or I am attracting beings to it. There are a couple of dark beings who lurk on the edge of things, and for a second they scare me. Then I just say 'those who mean us harm here are not welcome so please leave us'. They go. But there is a negative feeling on my stairwell, and in the dark I used to run past it, in a right panic. Now I deliberately walk slowly through it and protect myself with a white light and send out lots of love to it. I still feel scared but don't know if I should banish it or try to understand it, as I feel it is a soul who wants us there, but is very sad in themselves and means us no harm. I think they are stuck.

But night is the time when folk visit me, in dreams, shadows, or even sitting on the bed or joining me in the bathroom. They mean no harm and I never feel alone.

My other half and step son and guests have said, 'this house is noisy at night, it's like charring cross station on your landing..' that is odd cos we are all in bed.
Old 29-08-2006, 03:32 PM
bluespirit

What an interesting post. I have been told I have pyshic abilities but whether I am at the learning stage,I haven't got a clue.
I dream of spirit but cannot receive messages for other people,I hear voices now and again but only words for me.
I sense spirit,feel they are near me.
That's about it!
Closed Thread