Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 09-07-2013, 04:54 AM
Fetah

Seeing faces/images when I close my eyes

I wasn't sure where to ask this.
It's been happening since I can remember. Recently though I started to wonder about it...like how or why I'm seeing these completely random images.
I've started a rough telepathic commutation with the spirit I believe is my twin soul. I say "rough" because my conversations aren't clear and though I'm sure it's not my conscience responding, I wonder about the validity.

So I was openly wondering about these faces and images I see and my TF says...or I just thought "maybe it's psychic". So that's why I'm here...'cause maybe it's psychic.

I died twice as an infant and have heard that having a NDE makes you more in-tune. I've often wondered if I might be as well. My entire life I've had intuition, empathetic abilities, and these images. They're never the same. And I've had spiritual people look at me like they know something. Like a weird smirk. I met a lady my stepmom works with at a party and she kept staring at me the entire time but in a kind way and I kept thinking like, I just got the feeling like she knew.

And I sort of know what people are thinking. Like my dad today was trying to get me to guess what he was thinking. I got it right both times but I didn't let him know that...I almost didn't want to be right but I was and that's creepy. But I've always been able to finish sentences.

But mainly I'm wondering about these images.

Most recent was just now. I closed my eyes and saw a picture of two older men. One was wearing striped pants and looked like a cliche Italian chef but I get "clown" not chef. The other I don't remember specifically but he has his arm around the man I can recall. They're standing against a wall and the floor is black and white tile. I mean its almost like this is an actual picture. Like someone has this photo in their house.

The most striking is a month ago I was walking out of my room and I blink and I get this flash of a woman with a blonde ponytail. I literally stopped in my tracks seeing her. I was meditating the next day and I had a vision of myself on a treelined road in the middle of winter. Theres snow on the ground. There's a green sign with gold letters naming the city but I can't read it. I blink again and I'm in a bar. There's wood everywhere. I mean the walls are made of...maple? And so is the bar, there's booths. The bar is full, everyone's dressed for winter and then I see her, blonde ponytail lady, she's at the bar talking with the man next to her, she sees me and then I woke up.

A minute ago I closed my eyes and saw an image of my TF that is not an existing image (to my knowledge).

I mean is it my imagination?

(Sorry I kind of rambled here a bit, I've just got a lot of questions )
Old 09-07-2013, 04:58 AM
Master
For me its just natural, but I have a great imagination and metal illness lol.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Master
Well, it could be that you are getting flashes of a past life, or the spirits in your life are flashing you images of themselves hoping you will make contact with them.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Experiencer
I have this happen too....not as in detail as you seem to...mine started in the past year in a half...when I close my eyes at night I see glimpses of things or people and sometimes I'm in a half asleep half awake stage and I will go into a dream like state but I'm duly aware and I'm seeing people go about their daily life, but they don't know I'm there and it's people I've never met in this life....I'm interested in what others have to say as well
Old 09-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Experiencer
*fully aware
Old 09-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Fetah

Yeah, I would just think I'm imagining it but I read that in dreams, when you see someone you don't know, it's possible that its someone you saw subconsciously in public and your brain recreates them.

But I'm positive I haven't seen these people because I have a tendency to look at the ground when I'm out because eye contact for me is almost painful...like when you see light after being in the dark (I have Asperger's).
Old 09-07-2013, 07:18 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetah

But I'm positive I haven't seen these people because I have a tendency to look at the ground when I'm out because eye contact for me is almost painful...like when you see light after being in the dark (I have Asperger's).

I wonder if I have Aspergers since I am not a people watcher. Since I feel annoyed when others stare at me when I walk by, I try not to possibly annoy others by staring. I look straight ahead or to the side, but not directly at anyone's face.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:02 PM
xaipete11

Hi Fetah!

I've experienced the same sort of thing. Some people argue that during the hypnogogic state (the moments between waking or sleeping) people may experience what's called hypnogogic hallucination. For example, seeing faces with ones eyes closed as he or she is falling asleep. Personally, I don't believe that's the case for myself as when this has occurred I've always been awake. And like yourself have also had flashes of images pop into mind at other times when I do not have my eyes closed and on occasion the event I see in my minds eye has occurred.

Other people may claim that it is simply your imagination. Again, for myself, I'm not convinced. The faces I see typically occur rather quickly one right after another. I don't think it's that easy to "imagine" a face that quickly and keep them coming in rapid succession. At least, it's not for me. I've tried when presented with this possibility.

Still some people claim that mediums typically experience what you have described. And based upon the fact that you have experienced other psychic phenomena I would I tend to follow this line of thought. However, I'm certainly no expert.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:08 PM
xaipete11

Hi Fetah!

I've experienced the same sort of thing. Some people argue that during the hypnogogic state (the moments between waking or sleeping) people may experience what's called hypnogogic hallucination. For example, seeing faces with ones eyes closed as he or she is falling asleep. Personally, I don't believe that's the case for myself as when this has occurred I've always been awake. And like yourself have also had flashes of images pop into mind at other times when I do not have my eyes closed and on occasion the event I see in my minds eye has occurred.

Other people may claim that it is simply your imagination. Again, for myself, I'm not convinced. The faces I see typically occur rather quickly one right after another. I don't think it's that easy to "imagine" a face that quickly and keep them coming in rapid succession. At least, it's not for me. I've tried when presented with this possibility.

Still some people claim that mediums typically experience what you have described. And based upon the fact that you have experienced other psychic phenomena I would I tend to follow this line of thought. However, I'm certainly no expert.
Old 19-07-2013, 08:23 AM
Knower

Whoa, let's not go self-diagnosing ourselves with mild forms of autism now...

Fetah, I've experienced the same exact thing for as long as I can remember and I believe it to be an ability to communicate with spirit, or mediumship. For me I always got the sense that these spirits needed urgent help and it used to freak me out when they'd scream in my face, but I've since learned how to handle them. Since the faces flash by so quickly, my way of slowing things down and getting 1-on-1s with them is to set the stage in my mind's eye for a visualization. In a nutshell, I will ask for protection first, then envision a comfortable room with a couple of chairs, and I ask the spirits to get into a line, because I cannot listen to more than 1 at a time, and invite them into my 'room' to chat. Most just want to be heard and then they go on their way. I don't know them and they don't know me, but this technique works for me so I use it when it gets to be too much. Hope this helps.