Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 16-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Knower

Cold wind = good or bad?

Hi all.
Not really having a desire to communicate with spirits but simply to awaken spiritually and grow in awareness, I am having an issue here. I have been feeling a cold wind in my field for some time now, which I did not pay much attention to other than thinking it is a spirit guide helping me awaken.

Recently though when I asked somebody, his opinion was that a cold wind can mean an energy vampire, and I've been paranoid ever since. In fact I've been pretty paranoid no longer than mins ago, where the more I thought about it the colder it became.

I feel the wind randomly during the day, but I feel it especially during meditation and chakra cleansing.

I'd like to hear more thoughts on this, whether a cold wind is indeed a malevolent spirit, and if that is the case, how I can protect myself.

I am also in early process of a kundalini awakening, if that is of any help.

Thanks for your time.
Old 18-06-2011, 08:10 AM
autumn

I used to go to a meditation group and we were always told that a cool breeze was good. It meant positive energy, in general and in meditation - chakra clearing.
Old 18-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Ascender

Maybe it's good? Just another way in which spirits are trying to communicate with you?
Old 18-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Enlightener

I've had the cold wind thing before, eventually I just had to accept it and be a yes, it hasn't come back since.

I don't feel that it is an energy vampire, that actually sounds ridiculous in terms of what I feel. I feel that it is a good thing, some form of energy circling your system, kind of like a cleansing.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Spiritual Warrior Club

I would definitely not consider it a bad thing. Try and not put too much focus on it. Try and not judge it as good or bad and rather just observe it. Also follow your heart deep down you will know whether or not something is positive or negative.
Old 18-06-2011, 08:08 PM
MYFIGO

I think it could be either... but the important thing is how did it feel to you? Sometimes we are uneasy about experiences because they are new to us.

It's nice to be able to ask others about their opinion, but I believe we are our own best experts of our own experiences. So the next time it happens, listen intently to your own feelings.
Old 19-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Knower

Thanks guys, it's all good now.

Maybe it is not even a spirit, maybe it is indeed coming from my system because frankly I never felt a presence along with the breeze.

You know how paranoid even an opinion can make us though. Thanks for the responses!
Old 19-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Enya

Oh dear oh dear... a cool breeze is NOT a vampire of any kind. It is well known that many spirits bring either warmth or coolness with them as part of their energy. A friend of mine used to always feel as if she was in a freezer when healing because they felt cold to her. I used to get that, but more often get heat now... not good for menopausal flushes!!

Spirit presence in our auric fields causes warmth, coolness, tingling, tickling, slight pressure, emotions... lots of things. Next time you get it, just ask within your mind or aloud for it to be taken away. Or ask them to 'step back'. If it goes away, ask for it to come back. Try that a few more times, then ask if its their 'calling card', how they identify themselves. Yes or no, take it from there.
Old 21-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Acchaa Dalit

A cold breeze can be very nice ... if you're feeling a bit too warm :)

I agree, Enya, breezes are harmless. It's not the complete essence of an entity, and if it's their way of communicating ... it still doesn't enter us, it goes right past. Like everything, really. If you're protected and your energies are doing their job, nothing you experience will be harmful. But people love ghost stories, it's just so fun to point at a random sensation and say "Hey look, a leech! I hear they can fly to your window at night. Oooooooohh!"

Nothing is bad, when we realise we're the one controlling the experience!
Old 10-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Knower

Thank you all, my paranoia has been diminished thanks to your responses.

I still am not fully comfortable with the paranormal though. But getting there