Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 21-08-2020, 09:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Fairy Crystal,

I am amazed you could carve the Dolphin in proportion to a real dolphin!

What are the dimensions of the dolphin?
Thank you! I have no idea about the dimension. I look and make :)
Old 22-08-2020, 01:22 PM
Master
[quote=FairyCrystal]You're welcome and happy you appreciate it!

I think many stones are cut in one way or other, even rough pieces. Not necessarily really cut, maybe chopped, not sure. But haven't you ever seen the large chunks they got out of Mother Earth? Really shocking to see as you then begin to get an idea just how much is harvested from our planet.
These huge chunks aren't sold but made into smaller, sell-able pieces, whether still rough or polished.
What they get out of the ground aren't necessarily small pieces of 5-12cms...

As for diminishing the value/working... you can also see it the (Brazillian skull master carvers do: They have a larger piece of top quality crystal and they see, sense, feel, the skull in it. So they 'liberate' it by getting it out by carving it. It is why the skulls carved by the Brazilian masters have so much soul.
I think -not sure- this is also one of the main differences with Chinese skulls which I feel are carved to get as many out of a piece as possible to make more money.
In any case, you can also see carving something like a skull, point, dolphin etc. as 'liberating' the energy of the crystal, of what it holds inside.
I assume that if there's a lot of 'waste' material it isn't wasted but made into tumbled or beads. But then at least the carving is out.

I've carved a beautiful dolphin from soapstone and I used the natural shape of the chunk. It was a leftover piece from a skull which wasn't carved by me, but I bought it from the woman who did. The skull has a Selkie energy. I wanted a dolphin from the same piece of soapstone and I did it!

[/QUOTE

That is so cool, I really like the idea of liberating the skills from the crystal, that's an interesting way to look at it.... I can see how it would get out of hand though with mass production.

The dolphin is so cool! What tools do you use to carve it? It's so smooth and perfect looking!

-Lord Rama to Laxman
Old 22-08-2020, 03:57 PM
Master
[quote=Moon_Glow]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
You're welcome and happy you appreciate it!

I think many stones are cut in one way or other, even rough pieces. Not necessarily really cut, maybe chopped, not sure. But haven't you ever seen the large chunks they got out of Mother Earth? Really shocking to see as you then begin to get an idea just how much is harvested from our planet.
These huge chunks aren't sold but made into smaller, sell-able pieces, whether still rough or polished.
What they get out of the ground aren't necessarily small pieces of 5-12cms...

As for diminishing the value/working... you can also see it the (Brazillian skull master carvers do: They have a larger piece of top quality crystal and they see, sense, feel, the skull in it. So they 'liberate' it by getting it out by carving it. It is why the skulls carved by the Brazilian masters have so much soul.
I think -not sure- this is also one of the main differences with Chinese skulls which I feel are carved to get as many out of a piece as possible to make more money.
In any case, you can also see carving something like a skull, point, dolphin etc. as 'liberating' the energy of the crystal, of what it holds inside.
I assume that if there's a lot of 'waste' material it isn't wasted but made into tumbled or beads. But then at least the carving is out.

I've carved a beautiful dolphin from soapstone and I used the natural shape of the chunk. It was a leftover piece from a skull which wasn't carved by me, but I bought it from the woman who did. The skull has a Selkie energy. I wanted a dolphin from the same piece of soapstone and I did it!

[/QUOTE

That is so cool, I really like the idea of liberating the skills from the crystal, that's an interesting way to look at it.... I can see how it would get out of hand though with mass production.

The dolphin is so cool! What tools do you use to carve it? It's so smooth and perfect looking!
If memory serves, used an iron saw to get the basic shape. Lots of different shapes of files, a Dremel with various rotating filing heads, sandpaper, very fine sandpaper to polish and when it was done a wee bit of oil.
Carving soapstone produces a helluva lot of fine dust that is soapie --> slippery to the point of danger. I found out by slipping and almost falling backward onto the tiled floor.
Old 22-08-2020, 04:51 PM
Master
Oh, just thinking of another shape: the flame! These also have specific energy as it is wide at the base, narrower at the top, and spiralling. Kind of like a vortex :)

That's what I love about these different crystals, the way they exude their energies. Like a sphere is more gentle, for the most part equally spread out over and from the sphere, a rough piece can be less gentle esp when it's got points or angles. And sometimes that is preferred over the gentler energy from a rounder shape.
Old 23-08-2020, 09:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Oh, just thinking of another shape: the flame! These also have specific energy as it is wide at the base, narrower at the top, and spiralling. Kind of like a vortex :)

That's what I love about these different crystals, the way they exude their energies. Like a sphere is more gentle, for the most part equally spread out over and from the sphere, a rough piece can be less gentle esp when it's got points or angles. And sometimes that is preferred over the gentler energy from a rounder shape.
I've seen some Carnelian flame shapes that are gorgeous. The fiery shape really fits the stone.
Old 23-08-2020, 09:38 AM
Elfin

Hi...often gemstones in their natural form are not recognised .... The beauty of what "lies underneath" is like something out of a fairytale.... I love the ruggedness of an unshaped raw piece.. but so admire the qualities and glorious colour of a polished / shaped piece....as far as I'm concerned I just love them all....
Old 23-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Master
I think it's very personal, also how you connect to energies.
For me enjoying and connecting with the energies of crystals is visual for a big part. I LOVE colours! And polishing brings out colours much more.
I've been thinking about this, as I do have rough crystals as well but that's rhodonite, hemimorphite, blue fluorite, sunstone, rose quartz etc. In other words, even when rough they show their full colour.
I don't think I have any rough crystal that isn't like that.

So I think for me it has much to do with connecting through visual and colours are part of that. Like my rough blue fluorite, it's so colourful, so intense and blue. If someone would want to polish it I'd smack them round the head with it, hahaha. In case of this fluorite chunk I feel it being rough enhances it!
And also... I love to look inside the crystal, all the swirls, shapes, rainbows (yess!!!) etc. I can really lose myself in that, it's very meditative, hihi.
Old 23-08-2020, 11:15 AM
Elfin

Quote:
I think it's very personal, also how you connect to energies.
For me enjoying and connecting with the energies of crystals is visual for a big part. I LOVE colours! And polishing brings out colours much more.
I've been thinking about this, as I do have rough crystals as well but that's rhodonite, hemimorphite, blue fluorite, sunstone, rose quartz etc. In other words, even when rough they show their full colour.
I don't think I have any rough crystal that isn't like that.

So I think for me it has much to do with connecting through visual and colours are part of that. Like my rough blue fluorite, it's so colourful, so intense and blue. If someone would want to polish it I'd smack them round the head with it, hahaha. In case of this fluorite chunk I feel it being rough enhances it!
And also... I love to look inside the crystal, all the swirls, shapes, rainbows (yess!!!) etc. I can really lose myself in that, it's very meditative, hihi.
Hi....I agree with the colour... I love colour too... I also have rough fluorite which is amazing...but I also have a polished flourite sphere ,and I can spend hours just looking at it...There is so much beauty within... I seem to go deeper into it the more I look....it's almost like going into the universe...
Old 26-08-2020, 04:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi....I agree with the colour... I love colour too... I also have rough fluorite which is amazing...but I also have a polished flourite sphere ,and I can spend hours just looking at it...There is so much beauty within... I seem to go deeper into it the more I look....it's almost like going into the universe...
What color is your Fluorite sphere?

You might not believe it, I have some rough pieces of Fluorite from England!
I got to ask the chap who brought them to the USA where they were found/mined?

To me, looking at a sphere, rock, etc., brings out a lot of other forms similar to looking at a cloud. As far as I am concerned, scrying is an almost lost 'gift'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 26-08-2020, 08:35 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What color is your Fluorite sphere?

You might not believe it, I have some rough pieces of Fluorite from England!
I got to ask the chap who brought them to the USA where they were found/mined?

To me, looking at a sphere, rock, etc., brings out a lot of other forms similar to looking at a cloud. As far as I am concerned, scrying is an almost lost 'gift'.
Hi...The shpere is mainly purple and green... With flashes of blue appearing as it is turned...it really is like gazing into another dimension... There is so much to see...