Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 23-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Guide

Bats and Rats

I was standing in my kitchen with my relatives, the closest to the back yard door. I then noticed six bats on the wall, which I mentioned in somewhat of a sarcastic manner because there's always some kind of problem in this house. My mother, standing the closest to them, hit them one by one with a broom. They each died and fell off the wall upon impact. Suspicious of it all, I began counting my fingers (one of my reality checks) and got ridiculous numbers. I joked about it to my sister who thought I was being silly. I asked her to count my fingers with me and we got to about thirteen. Seeing this, it was obvious to both of us that I was dreaming, and I joked to my sister that I could therefore leave immediately and leave them all to it, but feeling bad told her that I was only joking and would in fact stay. My awareness level was low and at that point vanished. There was a glass panel in the ceiling above the sink which was housing a disturbingly high amount of rats and mice. It was disgusting. There was so many of them that the glass began to crack. My mother figured she'd have to hit each one of them with a broom, and we hoped they would fall out one by one. The dream jumped and I remember being in the back yard. It was night. I then looked in the kitchen where there was a massive pile of dead mice and rats. My mother was wearing gloves and was having to remove them one at a time, holding them by their tails to throw into the trash. I figured it was time I went back in to help out.

That's the dream. One theme that seems to stick out is filth/cleanliness, from the pests to the sink to the gloves being those rubber washing up gloves. However, I'm not sure what to make of that...
Old 24-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Guide

I think the 'bats and rats' signify some kind of interpersonal conflict or strife or sarcastic attitudes and bad relations/bickering between people. It seems your mother is the only one people expect to clean up the problems, solve disputes, fix things. The point of the dream is toward the end you come to a realization and agree to help her out.

The positioning is important You are near the back door, perhaps not engaging fully in the family, or being mentally aloof from them, distancing yourself at some level. The bats are the obvious on the surface issues (the things you bicker about perhaps?). The rats are the sub-structure and higher mental things. They are in a place where normally a light fixture would go, or a sun roof, and denote the place of spirit and soul sense. They are in the 'mind and above the mind (sink) where all the things are brought for cleansing, but they are filth. They are "those ******* twisted thougths at the back of your mind"
Old 24-10-2015, 06:40 AM
Ascender

i would love to know what bats, rats and mice mean in general to you....

(i.e.if someone dreams of a horse the meaning depends on the person in real life, if he has for example his own loving horse....or someone who is absolutely scared of horses)

so what do your animals mean in general to you??
Old 24-10-2015, 11:51 AM
Guide

Interesting interpretation, Clear Blue Sky. What you spoke of about my positioning in the dream has given me some insight, which I will bring up in just a moment...

Scotch, I see them as vermin, risk and annoyances. I don't see them in a positive way.

I mentioned recently in another dream topic that my mother makes a frequent appearance in my dreams. I mentioned that while growing up, I had issues with health, which in turn created issues with independence, and there was this big mess with me having to depend upon my mother because my problems made me incapable of taking care of myself. I became very isolated in the process. Fast forward, as things began to change and I began to find my way in life, there was a bit of conflict. It was difficult for my mother to let go after all that had happened, and this created resentment in me at times. It created a lot of anger. I'm facing some new big changes in my life now, which has probably reminded us both of previous times. The position of me near the door represents this step outside of my comfort zone into a better life. My mother was positioned at the other end of the kitchen, probably representing the past. I'd say the burst of vermin coming through the glass is probably representative of everything finally coming out into the open, being faced and finally cleared out of my mind. My guess, then, is that because my mother and her life was negatively affected by mine, that my decision to return and help her represents a turning of the tables, and me coming back from a better place to help clean up and not leave her with a mess that began with me.

Or, you know, I could be overthinking it, but the pieces fit.
Old 23-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Unhappy

I have rats problem now. What to do?
Old 24-06-2016, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellLewis
I have rats problem now. What to do?
non-dream rat infestation is a definite problem.
specifics of your circumstances may limit your options.
(if you are a renter, you'll need to coordinate with the property owner.)
by the time it's a noticeable problem, you probably want professional help.
in general, seek to make your environment undesirable for the rats:
clean debris and eliminate potential food sources.
you may be able to lure them away in a humane manner.
Old 24-06-2016, 11:19 PM
Master
The way I see it is that the house represents your structure.

The vermin are like disturbing things in your subconscious.

Your mother in the dream is really your higher guidance and she was 'killing' the vermin...In other words, she was cleaning up you psyche, or the disturbing elements that lie in your subconscious.

Usually we interact with people we know in dreamland but they are not really them. If it is a 'mother' figure, then that is your spiritual mother or 'goddess' however you conceptualize that. A sister would represent middle guidance, or more of a companion guide, someone on your level...

That's how I do it.