Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-07-2022, 02:12 AM
Master
Are You A Christian

Are you a Christian?

Yes or no..

Yes, I am a Christian..
I could make it a pole, but tell me why.

I am a Christian because in all of history, and all that I have seen, Jesus moves me the most. Why, because he suffered and he died, like we do. And love was all he wanted to shair..
Come break bread with me...
Old 29-07-2022, 11:00 AM
Do you wanna explain more what you mean by 'history and all that you have seen'. Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-07-2022, 12:39 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
Are you a Christian?
Yes or no...
Nowayout,

By whose standards ? Yours ? We are to submit to your judgement ? It can be counterproductive to ask personal questions……
Old 29-07-2022, 02:42 PM
Ascender
off by myself I could be ~ but if I get around a church or the ( evil christians)
or the bible ~ I would just think that christianity is a satanic cult

I wouldn't want to be associated with it in any way and I would probably be rebelling against it ~ because it's evil in my opinion.
Old 29-07-2022, 04:23 PM
Molearner

Quote:

Come break bread with me...

Nowayout,

Spiritually the invitation to ‘break bread’ is an invitation to contemplate and interpret the word of God. The ‘word’ is certainly not restricted to the Scriptures or the Bible……it is most especially the still small voice of God….the Spirit.

However in this group setting we have no mutual sharing of all the ‘still small voices’ that we have individually experienced. Therefore for the purpose of meaningful discussion it is expedient that we confine ourselves to Scripture……and make an attempt to contemplate and interpret that which we mutually share.

My reading of scripture leads me to wonder if Jesus would actually approve of the idea of a ‘Christian’ church or religion. I think He would hate the idea that people come with the thought that they are worshipping Jesus. He might see it as misdirected focus…even if the intention was good. Mark 10:18….”Why do you call me good ?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone…” “

This total lack of ego on the part of Jesus points directly to forsaking any idea of duality in relation to eternal life. I could go on and on….but that would only be if there was really any interest in ‘breaking bread’…….:)
Old 30-07-2022, 12:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Do you wanna explain more what you mean by 'history and all that you have seen'. Thanks
My History, I was raised Roman Catholic and was Orthodox for many years. I had some very profound experiences at one time, mystical. I was a Roman Catholic Monk for a year anyway, my experiences.
Old 30-07-2022, 12:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Nowayout,
By whose standards ? Yours ? We are to submit to your judgement ? It can be counterproductive to ask personal questions……
Not by my standards, but it's a good point. Sorry if it's too personal, no need to respond..

I guess I'm just wondering why a person is a Christian. If you are? Many posters here are non-Christian but like to tell me how it is? That's OK, as a devote Christian.. I know where I stand. Many Christians have various views too. It can be interesting...
Old 30-07-2022, 01:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Nowayout,

My reading of scripture leads me to wonder if Jesus would actually approve of the idea of a ‘Christian’ church or religion. I think He would hate the idea that people come with the thought that they are worshipping Jesus. He might see it as misdirected focus…even if the intention was good. Mark 10:18….”Why do you call me good ?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone…” “

I think he wanted to establish a Church on earth. It is vast and varied, some call it the body of Christ. As a Christian, I belong to no Church at this time. However I keep my prayer life up, one day I may find a good church, the community is just as important as the word.
Prayer is very important to me, more than Scripture, it can be left open to interpretation. My prayer life has a life of its own, I find Jesus there.
Old 30-07-2022, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Nowayout,
Spiritually the invitation to ‘break bread’ is an invitation to contemplate and interpret the word of God. The ‘word’ is certainly not restricted to the Scriptures or the Bible……it is most especially the still small voice of God….the Spirit.
Breaking bread for many Christians is receiving holy communion, in community, the divine Mass, the Roman Catholics, and Orthodox would agree. It is good. I have my own ways of being One with Christ.. and what you say is another view, what Did Jesus have in mind when he said, let's break bread together, all mixed in with his Resurrection?
Christianity is so mystical if you dig into it. It's a wonder to me..
Old 30-07-2022, 02:43 PM
Molearner

Quote:
As a Christian, I belong to no Church at this time. However I keep my prayer life up, one day I may find a good church, the community is just as important as the word.

Nowayout,

Neither do I. We moved to a different state after 70+ years in one place. A good church is as hard to find as a good man is……:). I am like ‘a poor wayfaring stranger’. For me there is no justifiable reason for joining a church….I can visit as I currently do(mainly for communion)…. My deepest interest is interpreting scripture something almost no one is interested in either in church or online. Churches, viewed from a distance, are simply very tribal in nature. Can one retain his freedom by joining a tribe ?