Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 19-02-2020, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Leonard Susskind. Plumber turned physicist.
Cyril Hoskin. Plumber turned Tibetan Lama.
Old 19-02-2020, 11:48 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Now you are also starting to touch on that place where Advaita Vedanta meets Kashmir Shaivism.

What you are speaking of sounds a lot like Spanda (vibration)...which is Consciousness representing a fractal hologram of a mirrored image.

There is one short lecture on Quantum Physics and the hologram of Non Dual NON reality with in a Dual existence...

It was given by a very knowledgeable woman, Maria Syldona:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0wXO7oKtNWA

Have a quick look at her channel too.... this is where I get all of my information from...and the Vedas...and personal experience...

From as early as I can remember I've always been fascinated by boundaries and infinity and at both the macro and micro level. Not in a mathematical or theoretical way but in more of a conceptual way. Trying to put the 'picture' or 'model' together in my mind. It always seemed really, really important to grasp though it is an impossibility for the mind to truly grasp.

I can't think of anything more elegant than consciousness being the unified field of something like TOE, with the quantum foam bubbling and frothing within. Every now and then some virtual particle pops into 'existence' then goes through a phase transition before annihilation resulting in a Big Bang. Eternal Inflation. It's always been happening and always will be happening. From the One (Unified Field/Consciousness) uncountable numbers of universes have always, are currently and always will manifest into existence and eventually unmanifest.

Now how science describes these manifestations... Well, that's as big a debate within science as how the Divine is described across spiritual traditions.
Old 19-02-2020, 12:14 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Now you are also starting to touch on that place where Advaita Vedanta meets Kashmir Shaivism.

Yes!

https://youtu.be/xVi2ueJrYPk

Okay, so here's the deal at least for me. My 'understanding' hasn't been formed or shaped by Advaita or any other spiritual tradition. It's been mined mostly from physics but always with an eye on the spiritual implications.

When I did stumble upon Advaita some months back it was "Holy Smoke!", YES!!!

Concerning Kashnir Shaivism... I've heard it referenced a few times but never knew how it differed from Advaita, but now that I'm paying more attention and if one looks through my posts concerning Advaita terminology using illusion, unreal, etc... it's apparent my understanding about objective reality is closer to Shaivism. That is it's real just not as real as the underlying stratum in terms of what's enduring and what's not enduring. What's Absolute and what's not Absolute. What's Infinite and what's finite. Consciousness. The Unified Field.
Old 19-02-2020, 01:25 PM
Master
You guy's are still dividing things up into little pieces .

There cannot be something that evolves and something that doesn't .

There is only Self . There is only what you are .

Call that what you like, it changes nothing ..

You can't have man evolve and not God .

You can't have the individual evolve and not the collective .

That is why the single pebble ripples across the whole pond .

x daz x
Old 19-02-2020, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
You guy's are still dividing things up into little pieces .

There cannot be something that evolves and something that doesn't .

Hi,

My understaning is that there are layers of consciousness. That there is indeed a higher self. We in human consciousness represent the lower self.

The idea is to see how much we can lift our self into greater harmony with our all knowing self.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 19-02-2020, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

My understaning is that there are layers of consciousness. That there is indeed a higher self. We in human consciousness represent the lower self.

The idea is to see how much we can lift our self into greater harmony with our all knowing self.

John

Sure enough John we can speak along these terms of layers but they are not separate from Self or God .

Everything evolves, everything changes .. this is why Self realization also is not regarded as the end game . In one perspective it's just the beginning .

Some say God has a God to infinity so the ocean is merely a drop of a bigger ocean .

Who can say where the starting block is?

If there is always room for infinite expansion then there always room for evolvement .

If peeps separate what we are from that which evolves then it is dividing and separating .

x daz x
Old 19-02-2020, 02:12 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Sure enough John we can speak along these terms of layers but they are not separate from Self or God .

Everything evolves, everything changes .. this is why Self realization also is not regarded as the end game . In one perspective it's just the beginning .

Some say God has a God to infinity so the ocean is merely a drop of a bigger ocean .

Who can say where the starting block is?

If there is always room for infinite expansion then there always room for evolvement .

If peeps separate what we are from that which evolves then it is dividing and separating .

x daz x

The starting block is Awareness.

The God having a God that has a God will eventually lead to the end-point, which is Awareness. These Gods are expressed in Hinduism as the many Gods of the many Heavens. None are infinite, all are finite, all will end and be reborn.

If you want to find One, Unity, non-dualism, it's Awareness. Pure Awareness. That is the One. The Source. The Unified Field from which all appears, manifests. The unchanging, perfect. It's beyond causality unlike the little Gods of the ephemeral Heavens. All that evolves must alse devolve because its subject to cause and effect. Ultimate Truth, One, Source is beyond cause and effect.
Old 19-02-2020, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
The starting block is Awareness.

The God having a God that has a God will eventually lead to the end-point, which is Awareness. These Gods are expressed in Hinduism as the many Gods of the many Heavens. None are infinite, all are finite, all will end and be reborn.

If you want to find One, Unity, non-dualism, it's Awareness. Pure Awareness. That is the One. The Source. The Unified Field from which all appears, manifests. The unchanging, perfect. It's beyond causality unlike the little Gods of the ephemeral Heavens. All that evolves must alse devolve because its subject to cause and effect. Ultimate Truth, One, Source is beyond cause and effect.

You are dividing and separating God from the elephant as already said .

God is the elephant .

God therefore evolves through the manifestation of itself as an elephant .

You can refer Source as pure awareness if you like but it's only a mindful concept to suggest that the elephant isn't pure or perfect as it is .

The notion of there is only Self covers all bases without dividing and separating .

This is why in some circles it is said there is only Love .

You won't hear of the Lion not being Love or only a little bit of Love or an imperfect reflection of Love or illusory Love .

There is no need to divide at all .

It's the ego self of the mind that wants to say this isn't pure or that isn't beautiful or that isn't perfect ..

There can only be what we are as a foundation, there cannot be anything that what we are isn't .

You can't have something that is subjected to cause and effect and something not when there is only Self .

x daz x
Old 19-02-2020, 02:51 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
You are dividing and separating God from the elephant as already said .

God is the elephant .

God therefore evolves through the manifestation of itself as an elephant .

You can refer Source as pure awareness if you like but it's only a mindful concept to suggest that the elephant isn't pure or perfect as it is .

The notion of there is only Self covers all bases without dividing and separating .

This is why in some circles it is said there is only Love .

You won't hear of the Lion not being Love or only a little bit of Love or an imperfect reflection of Love or illusory Love .

There is no need to divide at all .

It's the ego self of the mind that wants to say this isn't pure or that isn't beautiful or that isn't perfect ..

There can only be what we are as a foundation, there cannot be anything that what we are isn't .

You can't have something that is subjected to cause and effect and something not when there is only Self .

x daz x

No matter how fancy, ornate or intricate the pottery, the nature of clay is not changed. No matter how big or small the wave, how far or fast it travels, the nature of water is not changed.

Make the pot and clay is still clay. Break the very same pot and clay is still clay.

Make a universe and the unified field is still the unified field. Obliterate the universe and the unified field is still the unified field. It always was and always will be. It just is. It's the cause of everything and effect of nothing.
Old 19-02-2020, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
No matter how fancy, ornate or intricate the pottery, the nature of clay is not changed. No matter how big or small the wave, how far or fast it travels, the nature of water is not changed.

Make the pot and clay is still clay. Break the very same pot and clay is still clay.

Make a universe and the unified field is still the unified field. Obliterate the universe and the unified field is still the unified field. It always was and always will be. It just is. It's the cause of everything and effect of nothing.

But your analogy doesn't work in the way that you refer to man evolving and not pure awareness .

If clay is clay and we use clay as an analogy for being only that, then you are right in that it matters not how intricate it's appearance is for it will remain the same clay .

But you are however not implying that in regards to the human appearance for you are separating and dividing the human appearance from awareness, this would be like saying the clay handle is separate from the spout when all there is, is clay .

Too many texts and spiritual scriptures passed down through the ages that are automatically assumed as being the Truth .

Some Guru dude I noticed went into isolation and spent years studying the scriptures .. why would a self realized guru need to study the scriptures and simply recite them?

I liked what was posted the other day and it explains it quite well actually ''God sleeps in the rock, dreams in the plant, stirs in the animal, and awakens in man." ~ Ibn Arabi

In this instance there is only God, but there are many levels to God as John correctly noted so we have the God-rock, the God-plant, the God-animal and the God-man ..

There is nothing other than God present 'being' and 'experiencing' different aspects of itself and within the experiences there are different levels of God or Self awareness .

Self or God aware levels are reflecting within our individual behaviours and just because the God-man can potentially Self or God Realize doesn't mean that the rock is inferior to man ..

This is the whole thing about seeing everything on the same level so to speak isn't it . There is no discrimination .

I mentioned the other day about what is awareness by itself? It's nothing is it .

People speak about states of awareness being aware of itself as awareness but that is just a mindful self concocting some sort of state where there is the knowing that awareness is what you are lol .

There has to be a self refelction that I AM awareness to be aware of that as that .

I would say few understand the actuality of self and no self, mind and no mind, I AM and no I AM ..

x daz x