Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 31-03-2022, 04:57 AM
Ascender

Legalistic analysis of intentional misrepresentation.

Hello all.

This is obviously a complex consideration.

Starting suggestions are that bedrock level concerns include:-

A form of kidnapping--In that persons are intentionally held trapped in a false narrative.

A form of theft--In that persons intentionally held captive by such means have their freedom to personally decide upon their behavioural responses/actions stolen as a result of being deliberately misinformed regarding reality.

further thoughts anyone?

cheers.
Old 03-04-2022, 05:20 AM
Master

sorry I withheld my original comment. I was somewhat frustrated at the time.. and my answer was awful. not that I'm not still frustrated but at least I will try a better answer...

IMO the problem is, a lot of people want to accept the ideas that other people promote. Unfortunately the people who do the promoting are often self-centered, wanting things for themselves that aren't in the best interests of those who do the 'listening'. And those who listen, are used to things being that way, so much so that if someone actually came up with a 'useful' idea that might help them, and tried to tell them that, it would be interpreted in quite the wrong way, and the results would still be 'bad'. Because there is an accepted 'right' way to do the interpretation, and simply changing a word pattern wont change that for them.

This is one of many reasons the taoist 'sages' learned not to try to influence people, by givening them more words to ponder on. From their point of view, the only way for muddy water to clear, is to simply quit stirring it...

you might notice,the judeo-christian god has also chosen to be somewhat silent in recent times... but meanwhile we are still chattering away, telling each other endlessly what to do and what not to do.
Old 03-04-2022, 03:57 PM
Master

intentional misrepresentation

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
A form of kidnapping--In that persons are intentionally held trapped in a false narrative.
A form of theft--In that persons intentionally held captive by such means have their freedom to personally decide upon their behavioural responses/actions stolen as a result of being deliberately misinformed regarding reality.
further thoughts anyone?
Intentional misrepresentation is a sin in the eyes of God . Only its correction through right representation again and true repentance only can absolve one of its guilt. Ignorant unintentional misrepresentation also is a sin but the severity is lesser than intentional one .
Old 03-04-2022, 10:17 PM
Master
QUOTE 4 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Intentional misrepresentation is a sin in the eyes of God . Only its correction through right representation again and true repentance only can absolve one of its guilt.

The Dalai Lama was once asked if there was any situation where it is "right" to lie intentionally. He responded affirmatively and gave an example. A monk saw a deer running into the forest to his RIGHT. A hunter looking to kill the deer for SPORT (not for food) approached the monk and asked which direction the deer had gone. The monk intentionally lied and pointed the hunter to the LEFT.

Even in Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras, AHIMSA (non-harming) takes precedence over SATYA (Truthfulness).

Since I believe you have a Hindu orientation, didn't Krishna urge Yudisthira to lie to Drona and tell Drona that Ashwattaman (the name of Drona's son as well as the name of an elephant) had died?

There are situations where intentional misrepresentation is actually quite appropriate.
Old 03-04-2022, 11:24 PM
People are just products of what they were taught in their family...UNTIL they mature and question it, yay.
I will be bold and say it is my opinion Judeo-Christian beliefs taught to the young of hell, everlasting fire,
a mean, judgmental God that likes killing the innocent and blood sacrifices is child abuse...
I've said it many xs on other Forums.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-04-2022, 11:55 AM
Master
QUOTE 5 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

I will be bold and say it is my opinion Judeo-Christian beliefs taught to the young of hell, everlasting fire,
a mean, judgmental God that likes killing the innocent and blood sacrifices is child abuse...

I agree with that statement completely, and I too have raised that point many times. As a matter of fact, I raised it during a Bible study group years ago at the local Catholic Church. The group was run by a conventional Roman Catholic nun ... and my comment stirred a lot of discussion with virtually everyone (with the nun being a notable exception) agreeing with my position.
Old 04-04-2022, 01:55 PM
Master

Different terminologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
QUOTE 4 EXCERPT:The Dalai Lama was once asked if there was any situation where it is "right" to lie intentionally. He responded affirmatively and gave an example. A monk saw a deer running into the forest to his RIGHT. A hunter looking to kill the deer for SPORT (not for food) approached the monk and asked which direction the deer had gone. The monk intentionally lied and pointed the hunter to the LEFT.
Even in Pantanjali's Yoga Sutras, AHIMSA (non-harming) takes precedence over SATYA (Truthfulness).
I fully agree with crux of what u say. The examples u quoted are not misrepresentation for me. Its correct interpretation. So my conveyed message still holds validity with this clarification.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
I fully agree with crux of what u say. The examples u quoted are not misrepresentation for me. Its correct interpretation. So my conveyed message still holds validity with this clarification.
In general, however, I agree with your position .. but there are exceptions to "intentional misrepresentation" which you call "correct interpretation". I'm cool with that.