Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-01-2022, 04:55 PM
Master
QUOTE 187 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Spirituality and schizophrenia light up the same areas of the brain, so certainly the brain.

I had thought that you were indeed referring to the brain, and you just confirmed it.

Since you have a very Jungian orientation, what are your thoughts about the relationship between the brain and the collective unconscious?
Old 04-01-2022, 05:23 PM
Viswa

Quote:
And another teaching says everything is Brahman, but if you're making distinctions then what does that say about you? Because what is not Brahman is also Brahman, so in the end you can't get away from it.

Hellooo.. Missed to see this reply...Sorry

Whatever it is, let it be that way..

Whatever it is not, let it be not..

Stay with it or get away, whatever happens, so be it..

Old 04-01-2022, 05:45 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
So why do you?

Why put a distance between what you are and what you are that appears as ..

x daz x

Yes, dazz.... Why distancing?? Beautiful..

Either it is same or different, or neither same nor different, Appears or Eternal,

I don't know how it is..So why to distance the unknown things??..Perfect..

Let it be however it is...Let it has purpose or purposeless...Nothing to worry or enjoy about..

Old 04-01-2022, 07:23 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
One of my favorite books on Buddhist meditation (The Buddhist Way of Meditation, Guide to Meditation Teachers ... by Ven. Weragoda Sarada Maha Thero), goes into the Eightfold Path step-by-step in exhaustive detail.

Thanks very much excellent stuff, I will definitely take a look at that Book. Yes my interest around Theravadin Buddhism is very peaked atm. Mahasi Sayadaw. Ajahn Sumedho and also the implementation of Buddhist Sila within the addiction recovery movement. I had a dream/dreams some 20 years ago or so in which i saw a location, barn conversion building etc. I knew i had never visited this place and over the last couple of weeks ive recognised a dharma centre here in ireland which is the same place as the one in those dreams. So it looks like i'll be visiting this Dharma Centre at least so the dreams said
I thought it was a small Yoga centre too but it turns out its a Theravadin Buddhist centre in the Thai Forest Tradition, not many of them in Ireland, this is the only one i know of.
Yes ive encountered the Yamas and Niyamas a few times in my reading but never had the good grace to get more deeply involved. Gandhi seemed like a very pragmatic man and was capable of taking direction such as those Moral virtues you mention from Patanjalis yoga sutras. Taking something apparently small and powerful and working it, weaving it into something bright and effulgent.
That is a good suggestion about the discussion group/ 8 fold path. Gem is definitely a mine of info and has great experience in living the dharma and genuinely applying the teachings. So I thank you once more for sharing, excellent stuff. Best Regards. Joe.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 04-01-2022, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
It's because you have a lack of understanding and since this is a thread about Spiritual bypassing, you bypass what doesn't suit your paradigm. Psychologically-speaking that's destructive cognitive behaviour.

Okay, so lets use your popular saying or something that's similar .. First, we hold beliefs about ourselves. Second, we hold beliefs about others. Lastly, we hold beliefs about the world around us. Our beliefs in each of these areas shape our perceptions and perspectives which ultimately shape our reality.

This is exactly what I have been saying in my own words about how one perceives themselves in reflection of other things . What one believes in oneself is reflected in all things .

You saying I have a lack in understanding is again your belief that is reflected back onto yourself about what you suppose I am capable of understanding .

You perceive what I say and create a reality around it that is believed to be true .

It is believed to be true because of how you perceive yourself in reflection to the meaning of belief .

This is the irony, where one negates the belief whilst believing that to be true .

x daz x
Old 05-01-2022, 10:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Thoughts and..
... out of nowhere.
I like to add to what you said, that what you call unconscious thoughts are nothing but habbitual perspectives which were consciously practiced often not very intentionally or deliberately. And then when you become aware of the habbit, it is conscious and no longer a habbit but a choice. A CHOICE.

Are you gonna keep calling it unconscious? Or are you gonna say "This thought I enjoy and would like to expand upon."
Or are you gonna say "This thought, I don't enjoy, and I am gonna let it become unconscious to the point that it is no longer a part of my life experience."
Or are you gonna say "I am aware of this habbit of thought that I am expanding upon, but I don't feel like I am able to choose what I give my attention to, and so I am going to denie that I am the one who is the perceiver and realiser of my life into being, from thought into reality."

Because the first two are similar. But the last one is what causes the unnecessery delusion that seperation of self from Self can EVER exist, that you might call duality or rather split energy, self contradictory energetic thought patterns of resistance. But resistance towards what? Resistance towards the true self, the whole all that you are, as all that exists, as all as one as all as one. Physical and non-physical together in harmonic ever expansion of evermore greater allowed self realisation of all that you and all truely are evermore being and becoming evermore here and now.

So it is not possible to prevent bypassing. You are God and God is the only thing that exists. And there exists no such thing as unconsciousness. Everything is made out of that which you are. And when you realise that, then you understand that all those people you may be worried about "so do they really like me?" There are infinite of those beings. But what you I can promise you, is that they are always you. And they are there in existence to support any and all things you may ever want to be do or have.

Because that is why YOU have created everything. To enjoy it. And if you don't enjoy it, you are denying your own God nature, and that will never be enjoyable, because it is not necessery except that you feel how unenjoyable that feels, in order to realise that you are AWARE of that unenjoyable feeling, and then... It is not unconscious! You become aware of what it is that You (GOD CONSCIOUSNESS) is focusing upon, that doesn't feel good. And what you focus upon becomes more, but that unenjoyable thing cannot become more. It is self contradictory and therefor unnecessery and therefor a waste and therefor resistance to the infinite efficiency and perfection of your eternal and infinite god nature. Of infinite and eternal blessedness and worthiness to be do or have any and all things you may so desire to be do or have. Forevermore.

But when you forget that you are the Source, of what you call unconsciousness, then it becomes a self reflected expansion of victim consciousness. "THIS IS HAPPENING TO ME." When in reality it is always happening from you. THAT is what the principle of non-duality is. It is the God Principle. And to denie the God principle, causes suffering, because there cannot exist anything other than God. So if you denie your own existence, it's like unnecessery. It doesn't make things more real, but it does put your desire to realise your infinite worthiness, on fire. And then it will cause you to focus in order to realise the true natural self again. But that natural self is not limitted to physical time and space reality only, it is the one that decides anything and so it shall be. That is the true natural self.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Okay,..
... that to be true .
x daz x
The answer is simple. As an extra emphasis to what I mentioned above:
There exists no such thing as rightness or wrongness. You are eternally free to be do or have anything you so desire to be do or have. So decide and so it shall be.

But how do you decide? Well, how do you believe something? A believe is just a thought that you keep thinking. It is your awareness that brings something into being and becoming. So when you choose to become aware of something you want or prefer, you only have to place your awareness on it and you will feel your emotions if it feels better then the reality you bring about feels better aswell and is thus more in harmony and alignment with your intention both physical and non-physical.

Often people keep thinking about money, and then they say, where is the money? They are thinking and focusing upon a reality where they don't have any money. And so... That reality becomes more. Why? Because they are in denial of their own true self. They think that reality is more real than they are. They think that they are not creating that reality. So we have to call it a co-creation. Because they often blame others they love as the reason why they chose that. But that other one IS THEMSELVES ALSO. God Principle cannot be denied without suffering thus... It is NOT IRONIC! You can blame all you want, but that suffering will never end untill you realise that you are God. And there is no Harm in realising that you are God, because that which is God, WANTS you to realise the goodness of that which you truely are. If God didn't hold steady to the knowing of your infinite and eternal worthiness, denying it woulden't feel bad. And so in such cases that bad feeling can always be appreciated. Because it is a thought form that can never become and never will become. And so suffering over it, is unnecessery. But it does help you remember who you are.

So why do people choose suffering? Well, it helps you remember who you are. How can you remember who you are, if you do not first choose to forget who you are? And since you are free to be do or have anything you so desire, you can choose to remember who you are!

But... It is always up to YOU, to say when you will remember who you truely are. And the moment that you decide, then so it shall be. And then what? INFINITE FREEDOM INFINITE MORE AND MORE AND MORE. INFINITE CHOICES. FOREVER FREE TO BE DO OR HAVE ANYTHING YOU SO DESIRE. By the mere fact that you can become aware of it and enjoy your awareness of it into being and becoming evermore here and now.

And yes, that does imply that you create the past and present and future.

Last edited by Ewwerrin : 05-01-2022 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-01-2022, 11:25 AM
Knower

Quote:
You believe it's a belief and that's important to you. You also assume I believe in what I perceive the same as you believe what you perceive. Thing is, perceptual reality is an hallucination so if you want to believe your perceptions, be my guest. I choose not to. Being right is also important to you because here we are again. If you believe that my not believing the world is an illusion means that I believe in the opposite, then that's relative to your made-up stuff. In that context anything means anything you want it to mean, so if your made-up stuff can't resolve what it has made up then maybe you could rethink what you're making up and the reasons behind it.

Personally, it's a sunny day so I'm off to grab my camera kit and see how the waves are breaking, I find that so much more Spiritual.

Agree with everything you said.

We all came into this small part of the vast whole reality to be in human form and being unaware on purpose for an amazing adventure of finding ourselves, to uncover who we truly are. Blessed with free will, we all will be at different points along the spiritual path, each developing our own set of truths. And as we each move further along and come upon more experiencing and greater knowledge, those truths that we hold so dearly will then be updated, changed, or abandoned.

Eventually we all will reach a common conclusion and uncover who we truly are and return more to our true divine nature. A long process that spans many lifetimes of living here experiencing and learning to gain greater wisdom and maturity.

In the meantime, heated discussions on what beliefs are right or truths will rarely change anyone's mind, because we only believe what we want to believe.

And could we really know the absolute truth when we are living in only a tiny fraction of the whole reality? There is so much around us which we could not perceive or understand yet.

Best that we could exchange ideas and remain kind and respectful to each other despite having differences. Arguing with high intensity or in great lengths kind of defeat the purpose of seeking higher spirituality.

One of the wonderful attributes of our true nature is unconditional love.

In unconditional love, there will always be unity, inclusion, and equality. Never separation, exclusion, and superiority, which are all attributes of our false nature that is the ego.

That said, the ego is not all bad and does serve different purposes in the early part of our spiritual evolution. The ego mind, which some call the survival mind or the mind of lack, helps us among other things to stay alive in this unfamiliar world in order to have our adventure. As we become more familar with this world, having returned here for many lifetimes, we could then begin to shed the ego and move further along our spiritual path.

Our free will to freely choose will determine the pace of our spiritual growth. Some might choose to go backwards or remain stationary for some time. No judgement.

Good to keep in mind, those who are further ahead on the spiritual path will have greater understanding and compassion for those behind them, for they too were once at that earlier point of less awareness and not knowing any better.

Also good to keep in mind that this young dark world is at the infancy of spirituality, and so what some call non-duality or spiritual perfection is not possible here. Hence, give ourselves a break by adopting practical spirituality. Meaning, the best we could do for now is to push the ego mind to the background and bring forth and make more prominent our true divine mind. Yet, the ego mind will still be there to help somewhat to keep us alive in this barbaric and chaotic world.

Truly disheartening to see some people get discouraged, frustrated, and exhausted from not being able to reach enlightenment or spiritual perfection as they have been led to believe could be achieved.

What an amazing adventure we passionately signed up for when at our true home on the other side of the Veil of Forgetfulness. The true home of the family of intelligent multi-dimensional energy biased in unconditional love, compassion, benevolence, and joy that is our true divine nature.

All the best!
Old 05-01-2022, 02:09 PM
Master
I do hope for more peace. People enjoying what they enjoy. Having more freedom. More ability to enjoy what they enjoy also. More easy acces to whatever they need. More enlightenment like you said. I like that word enlightenment.

And the whole idea of the veil thinning sounds great. Remembering more of who we are. You know... Remembering things that you didn't even knew you forgot and being so relieved at the remembering and coming back into clear knowing. Like finding something that you thought was lost. That feels good.

Having more clarity. People feeling more familiar with life. And comfortable. Also in their own knowledge. Like true essential knowledge being easily accessible. I like knowing also that many people want these things for eachother aswell. I guess if more people want that then it will also be more likely to become a reality.

I guess essential knowledge can also be popular.

But for sure peace and more or better things than it. Especially making peace with the past and understanding it better.

Oh that reminds me. The new james webb telescope is gonna look further into the past than has ever been done, I am so excited about that!

Talk about reaching for God... Or the ultimate Source. Mind Blowing. Especially the speech that was given after the succesful launch, gave me goose bums.

I wanna connect with Source. I guess that non-duality as an idea or a question. What is non-dual? What is the ultimate Source? What was before the big bang? Haha. I love these kind of questions, I don't know why.

And the after life or what is behind the veil. Not just for science but music! oh God music also! Imagine what it must be like to hear Johann Sebastian Bach's more evolved consciousness' music, from behind the veil.

I imagine like a spaceship where the newest greatest most evolved composition of Bach's music plays or vibrates through the engine of the spaceship. lol

Or listening to the harmony of the cosmos in the universe. Like as if listening to the sound of the wind is not peaceful enough...

Yeah I really hope people get to a place where they can really begin thinking about ways to enjoy life more also together and well... Have more time also to enjoy life also. Or more ability even. Even for people to understand what they enjoy. Where it feels natural and where their enjoyment transcends also naturally whatever commonly perceived limitations and pave new ways to be live or do or have more fun. Without a worry in the world. Or a world where peace is so common. I guess many people do live like that. I guess it's nice that people are free to live like that.

I hope more people are able to enjoy their life more aswell. Or atleast feel like they are able. You know like them saying "I'm just gonna enjoy my life now." and do it. Like, I don't know how but the idea that they can just know how to do it. It sounds good. But I guess it comes naturally if they don't do anything aswell. And then when it comes, they do it naturally anyway.

I guess understanding God better would only help people receive their natural joyful inspiration more easily. It helps to know what you're reaching for I guess. Or atleast know that one does not have to know yet, is good too, for now I guess. If that is the case... I have now idea...
Old 05-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Master
Talk about highly callibrated spiritual bypassing...

james webb telescope is like a bigger than a camel passing through a smaller eye than the eye of a needle.